All I'm going to say is that Microsoft bought Danger and made the Kin.
    05-12-11 12:39 PM
    Well, that's Roz H0's fault although the fact that she's still employed by Microsoft speaks volumes about Microsoft's internal politics.

Roz H0 is also the person responsible for the massive Sidekick data loss. They were performing a SAN upgrade and had begun backing up all data in preparation. Roz told the Danger engineers to stop the back up (they were 2 days into a 6 day backup) and to proceed with the upgrade and overruled the Danger engineers' objections.

After the upgrade disks started "disappearing", Oracle tried to recover but that just made the problem worse.

At the end of the day, it wasn't a hardware or software problem, it was a management problem.
    05-12-11 01:00 PM
    Yeah, that continued growth and record quarters stuff they keep doing is dreadful.
    Because Microsoft is losing money and shrinking?

Where do you think they got the 8.5 bil from? A bailout?

Stop contradicting yourself. You know exactly what my point was.
    05-13-11 01:10 AM
    Not for this at all. I use Skype on my Mac when traveling overseas, and it should be coming to my Playbook at some point, but Microsoft has a way of destroying/corrupting everything they acquire. Looks like I'll have to come up with another solution. Maybe move over to T-Mobile and use the free UMA feature rolling out in a few days.
    I can see it now: Illegal Operation Error: Cannot use video chat. Please reboot your device.
    05-13-11 01:05 PM
    As long as they don't ruin the use of skype account logins that already exist, I'll be happy and also, not discontinue Linux support, I'll still be happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 04:37 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD