04-10-11 02:10 PM
29 12
tools
    I don't see what is not fair,

I have had my torch since day one, and do not feel "jipped" in any way shape or form if I don't get 6.1.

I hope to see 6.1lite on my Torch, but even that isn't going to make me upset as 6.0 is a great it was a fantastic improvement over 5.X and it continues to be enjoyable to use. I was actually having this conversation with another form member yesterday about her fears of RIM messing up QNX and making it too different from OS6 on future phones.
    From a couple of quotes I've seen recently about the coming OS upgrades, I think there's more of a chance we'll see a bigger change in 6.1 from 6.0 than in QNX/7 from a UI standpoint. Something about RIM's concern over losing features that users might miss, and the way it was worded suggested to me that those changes will be coming in 6.1 for re-use in 7 ... almost like they're setting the stage early. As you said though, I really like the look and feel of 6.0; hopefully none of these changes are to much of a deviation from it just for the sake of change, but rather more of enhancements to change it for the better. Perhaps a bit of TAT's influence? That wouldn't be a bad thing...

But to your main point, I agree, I don't feel shortchanged in any way if changes from next-gen models can't be retrofitted to my last-gen model. If they can be, great; if not, it doesn't make what I've got now any less attractive or less usable than it was when I first got it!

I'm still trying to understand if the Touch is the Storm 2 replacement.
    It looks like they've got two distinctly different touch-only models coming for CDMA.
    Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com
    Check out the Monaco Touch (Storm 3?), and then scroll down a bit to the Curve Touch. Monaco looks to be the higher-end of the two.
    04-10-11 09:17 AM
    From a couple of quotes I've seen recently about the coming OS upgrades, I think there's more of a chance we'll see a bigger change in 6.1 from 6.0 than in QNX/7 from a UI standpoint. Something about RIM's concern over losing features that users might miss, and the way it was worded suggested to me that those changes will be coming in 6.1 for re-use in 7 ... almost like they're setting the stage early. As you said though, I really like the look and feel of 6.0; hopefully none of these changes are to much of a deviation from it just for the sake of change, but rather more of enhancements to change it for the better. Perhaps a bit of TAT's influence? That wouldn't be a bad thing...

But to your main point, I agree, I don't feel shortchanged in any way if changes from next-gen models can't be retrofitted to my last-gen model. If they can be, great; if not, it doesn't make what I've got now any less attractive or less usable than it was when I first got it!

It looks like they've got two distinctly different touch-only models coming for CDMA.
    Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com
    Check out the Monaco Touch (Storm 3?), and then scroll down a bit to the Curve Touch. Monaco looks to be the higher-end of the two.
    I think the Monaco is my "baby"!
    04-10-11 01:49 PM
    I was discussing this with some guys yesterday and really feel the 9900 series will be the flagship again. The Bold name and the fact it has the highest number really shows they want it to have that flagship title. I think it's always been the powerhouse. I know it sounds stupid but even the aluminum trim on the frame atrributes to that.

However, the Torch 2 and 9850/60 also have things the Bold will not. For the most part, they are running very similar hardware and it's really just the fact that the Bold Touch retains that traditional Blackberry form factor that has evolved over time.
    What will the Torch 2 have the Bold touch will not have besides a slider and a larger screen? Thanks for the video on the play book too. It was great!
    04-10-11 02:06 PM
    What will the Torch 2 have the Bold touch will not have besides a slider and a larger screen? Thanks for the video on the play book too. It was great!
    Besides what you mentioned just a larger battery if rumor is true and it carries over the same 1400mAh while the Bold Touch gets the 1230mAh.

So while not much, some people love its form factor. It's really a preference thing.

Oh and don't thank me for the video that was all Theruined.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 04-10-11 at 02:13 PM.
    04-10-11 02:10 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD