When adding an appt in my calendar I noticed that there is a box you can check that says conference call. When you check it iit then gives you the option to fill in the phone number and acces code for the conference call for the moderator and participant. Can someone tell me what this does? I will apologise in advance for not using the search function but am at work and don't have time to sort through all the results.

Thanks in advance.
    05-02-09 08:22 AM
    I'm sorry i'm looking in my calender but i do not see thit option
    05-02-09 08:42 AM
    It initiates a conference call you and any number of participants to have a meeting over the phone on the scheduled day and time. By setting the event in the calendar, it will place a reminder in the other participants calendars for the event. They can then go to the calendar and look at the details of the meeting and choose to join if they want. There is a similar feature like this in Outlook. You can find out more about it from the following link.

BlackBerry Conference Call Feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 08:59 AM
    I love this feature....a pop-up shows on the screen at the time of the conference with a "Dial in" option....you click that and it automatically dials and then enters your PIN to get you into the conference....very nifty and useful since I do a LOT of phone conferences...
    05-02-09 09:37 AM
    I'm sorry i'm looking in my calender but i do not see thit option
    This is an option that was added in OS 4.6. You have to have a BB running 4.6 or greater to see it. You won't have the Conference Call option in 4.5 or earlier.
    05-02-09 12:29 PM
    This is an option that was added in OS 4.6. You have to have a BB running 4.6 or greater to see it. You won't have the Conference Call option in 4.5 or earlier.
    I have a Bold and an 8900, both running 4.6. The Bold does NOT have this option in the calendar, yet the 8900 does. Any ideas why one would have the option and the other wouldn't?
    05-12-09 11:25 AM
    This feature is nearly perfect but seems to have one major flaw. You can enter and save the dial in number, the moderator passcode, and the participant passcode. When I create a calendar event and check the box for Conference Call, and then at the appropriate time Join the conference, it correctly uses my moderator code. Other Blackberry users can Join the call and they correctly use the participant code. BUT! it sends my moderator code to everyone I invite to attend the conference. That makes the feature unusable, since I don't want my moderator code spread all over the place, allowing anyone to use my conference call account. Anyone know a solution to this?
    05-14-09 09:04 AM
    I just don't put my mod code in. While it's not the most eloquent solution, it does work.

I would love a checkbox that says "Send Moderator Info".
    05-25-10 11:27 AM
    I have a Bold and an 8900, both running 4.6. The Bold does NOT have this option in the calendar, yet the 8900 does. Any ideas why one would have the option and the other wouldn't?
    The Calendar application that is included in BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.1 or later allows you to specify conference call information for the organizer and the participants of a meeting.
    08-24-10 01:28 PM
    I recently wrote and published a BlackBerry application to solve the problem of dialing into these conference calls. It works for OS 5.0 and above. Here is the link:

DialMeIn on BlackBerry App World

Try it and let me know if works for you!
    Hawktwo likes this.
    01-17-11 12:47 PM
    I use this function on my Blackberry as I do host a lot of conference calls. I stumbled into this thread because we just moved to Outlook and I'm trying to find the same function in Outlook. I'd like to store my conference number one time and use it for all my conference calls.

How do I do this on Outlook?
    02-14-13 12:28 PM
    I use this function on my Blackberry as I do host a lot of conference calls. I stumbled into this thread because we just moved to Outlook and I'm trying to find the same function in Outlook. I'd like to store my conference number one time and use it for all my conference calls.

How do I do this on Outlook?
    I don't think this exists as a native function in Outlook, unless you are using Microsoft Office Live Meeting service or Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2; you can however search for conferencing services (some are free) that have an Outlook Add-on. That might do the trick. Maybe someone else has more info on this.
    Hawktwo likes this.
    02-15-13 10:12 AM
    Thank you. I did some googling and found that Microsoft recommends putting my conference call information in the Location Box. Then it's available as part of the drop down for future meeting. This doesn't help with meetings that have a real location and a call-in. The room has its own calendar to check for its availability.

I finally settled on making a separate signature with just the call-in information. Not elegant but it works and I can also use the signature in Lync (IM attached to Outlook).
    02-16-13 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD