BlackBerry® Z10 Superphone - Black | BlackBerry | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

Click the link and search by province and city. You will see numerous stores with sell outs and others with 2 or 3 phones left. The only question left to be answered is, how many phones did it take to sell out in a particular store. And then of course the total number. But we have at least taken the discussion beyond anecdote to some level of proof.
    02-05-13 11:07 PM
    Sellout is 100% bad because it means people who are due for an upgrade and otherwise might give blackberry a try are defaulted to iDroids
    02-05-13 11:09 PM
    Good find...
    02-05-13 11:10 PM
    Concrete proof of sellouts exists-soldout.jpg

sold out
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-05-13 11:19 PM
    Sellout is 100% bad because it means people who are due for an upgrade and otherwise might give blackberry a try are defaulted to iDroids
    lol not if they try the demo and are willign to wait a day or two for anotehr shipement
    02-05-13 11:26 PM
    I don't think The Source had very many to begin with. After all, it's not like they had hundreds or even tens at each store. Each store might have gotten a few. Maybe 5 at most. Some stores could have possibly gotten none. We don't know what the beginning inventory was, so this isn't really proof of high sales. It is just proof of low remaining inventory.
    02-05-13 11:27 PM
    I see 32 phones left split among 8 stores in BC. Total of 26 stores. I set it to 200 KM distance.
    02-05-13 11:27 PM
    I don't think The Source had very many to begin with. After all, it's not like they had hundreds or even tens at each store. Each store might have gotten a few. Maybe 5 at most. Some stores could have possibly gotten none. We don't know what the beginning inventory was, so this isn't really proof of high sales. It is just proof of low remaining inventory.
    bottom line is this. When the bold 9000 came out blackberry was in its prime. THERE WAS NOT EVEN first days sales like this then. Even if there was only 20 per store today there is clearly even more interest then there was back then

I was in line on day one for the 9000. I was in line on day one for the 9900. i was in line day one for the z10. TODAY WAS THE BUSIEST
    02-05-13 11:37 PM
    bottom line is this. When the bold 9000 came out blackberry was in its prime. THERE WAS NOT EVEN first days sales like this then. Even if there was only 20 per store today there is clearly even more interest then there was back then

I was in line on day one for the 9000. I was in line on day one for the 9900. i was in line day one for the z10. TODAY WAS THE BUSIEST
    The previous upgrades were pretty incremental. Plus, BlackBerry never hyped anything up. They never had a launch event. They never had much advertising. And it was kind of "same old same old".
    Now, they're going all out with the media and bringing it up to a new level. I definitely like the sound of all this hype though.
    I'm hoping BlackBerry can be the next Apple, or IBM, or TheNextBigThing.
    02-05-13 11:46 PM
    The previous upgrades were pretty incremental. Plus, BlackBerry never hyped anything up. They never had a launch event. They never had much advertising. And it was kind of "same old same old".
    Now, they're going all out with the media and bringing it up to a new level. I definitely like the sound of all this hype though.
    I'm hoping BlackBerry can be the next Apple, or IBM, or TheNextBigThing.
    thats exactly what it is
    02-05-13 11:47 PM

I BELIEVE YOU.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-06-13 12:25 AM
    Concrete proof of sellouts exists-untitled.jpg

not bad
    02-06-13 01:21 AM
    I can attest to the sellouts. I drove around for hours today. Managed to pick up 1 white one and 1 black one. Almost every store was sold out of their "excess stock". The ones they did have on hand were preorders and I imagine that people picked them up when they got off work or something.
    kelexiong likes this.
    02-06-13 01:23 AM
    Frankly, lots of people didn't upgrade their old BB and waiting for BB10 to come out, and so this doesn't surprise me. BB needs to capitalize on the positive press and make sure they get devices in peoples hands (not like the Nexus 4)...
    02-06-13 01:40 AM
    This is great news. Booyah haters
    02-06-13 01:52 AM
    lol... i love how they categoried Z10 as 'Superphone' and old bbos as 'smartphone'...

now they know..
    02-06-13 01:54 AM
    It does not say much for Balckberry's supply chain if they ran out of devices so quickly. I can see why they could not introduce in the USA.
    02-06-13 03:22 AM
    EE in the UK are sold out online..
    02-06-13 04:31 AM
    Anyone notice the shipping date for online orders? March 3rd

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    BBMak likes this.
    02-06-13 04:40 AM
    It does not say much for Balckberry's supply chain if they ran out of devices so quickly. I can see why they could not introduce in the USA.
    A cautious, steady ramp-up was to my mind always the likely scenario in the first few days.

Marketers will see the positives in that, accountants too....no-one on here would have liked to read "loads of Z10 stock still on retailers shelves" - but the Apple/Droid fanboyz (and therefore by extension the reactionary analysts) would have had a field day....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-13 05:12 AM