The majority of people think that today's news was great (including me), however, it isn't for native developers.
    I won't explain why it isn't great, as this editorial does (http://berryflow.com/2014/06/amazon-...n-native-apps/), and it goes into much greater detail than I would like to.

So, let's get started with the images. Please remember that I am in no way, a artist, so this may look horrendous to those with a designers eye. There will be no more "BlackBerry World" icon, seeing as this is going to be merged. BlackBerry will have to come up with a generic name (Just so Amazon doesn't get mad. Why would they want to be in BB World anyway?)
    Concept - Merged Marketplace - BlackBerry and Amazon Apps in the Same Place!-onhomescreen.png
    The logo, in my opinion, should symbolize that both are working together. (I gave Amazon more space, because they are going to be the picker of the two...)

The home screen of the merged market can be identical.
    Concept - Merged Marketplace - BlackBerry and Amazon Apps in the Same Place!-img_20140618_132227.png

The side-panel, will no longer have videos or music, and once again, I'm assuming that Amazon wants no relation to BlackBerry World. So let's just say "My Apps and Games" not "My World."
    Concept - Merged Marketplace - BlackBerry and Amazon Apps in the Same Place!-sidepanel.png

Let's scroll down a bit further on the home-screen of the merged marketplace, there is an "Amazon Recommends" subheading. This would be populated with Amazon only apps/games. However, the rest are populated with both BlackBerry and Amazon.
    Concept - Merged Marketplace - BlackBerry and Amazon Apps in the Same Place!-homeofmergedmarket.jpg

Now, how will we distinguish the difference between them? Let's take a look into the search for that answer.
    Concept - Merged Marketplace - BlackBerry and Amazon Apps in the Same Place!-moresearch.png Concept - Merged Marketplace - BlackBerry and Amazon Apps in the Same Place!-searchresults.png

Everything has an equal amount of space, and the user can clearly tell what is Amazon vs BlackBerry. Even one step further, what is Built for BlackBerry.
    I really hope that BlackBerry considers something like this, and gives back to the many native developers who gave so much to them.
    Obviously the visuals would look much better if BlackBerry did this for themselves, this was just a quick mock-up.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 06-18-14 at 01:11 PM.
    Pulkist, Bla1ze, howarmat and 1 others like this.
    06-18-14 01:00 PM
    Amazing concept, I dig it already.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:03 PM
    Ideally, I'd like to see it merged into one store.

Nice concept!
    06-18-14 01:05 PM
    We can all dream
    06-18-14 01:13 PM
    I would love this. I also like the separation however.

Amazon makes targeting #BB10 much more enticing overall as they get to target a Larger overall market share one that includes BlackBerry 10 devices.

I like BlackBerry World being all native (HTML5/Cascades) storefront.

As they progresses it means BlackBerry may be able to transition BlackBerry World more quickly into other embedded machines running QNX.

Down the line a merged offering could be great for unification in the platform.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 03:18 PM
    Great concept

Posted Via my Q10
    06-18-14 03:31 PM
    I like where you're going with the concept, thanks for sharing.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    06-18-14 07:43 PM
    Nice concept.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    06-18-14 07:57 PM
    I had this same idea and posted it on icanmakeitbetter.com
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....ed-app-markets
    Pls go and vote it and who knows - maybe it will happen? Or something similar?
    Chrz!
    10-27-14 11:41 AM
    Nice concept will love this

Z30 Beast on Roids....
    10-27-14 11:55 AM
    Won't happen but nice thought. I could see some sort of link for anything but business apps which would be the blackberry world side of things

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-27-14 08:39 PM
    I like BlackBerry's privacy.
    Nice concept visually, though.

Having Amazon hook into this will mean tracking, profiling and advertising. Keep them separate. Just imho.

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-30-14 08:32 PM
    Love it! One markrt to cater to both companies

Blackberry tackles native and mostly business, Amazon tackles mostly consumers and Android

Wish this could be reality
    No more Android Amazon app store

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:42 PM