BriniaSona Presents.
    (Shoutout to Grahamf, for the pull up idea)

FastTask Switcher

FastTask Switcher is my concept that will help improve the way users Multitask and Switch between applications on BlackBerry 10. FastTask is not an application but is built right into the software. Currently using BlackBerry 10, the only option for multitasking it to swipe up the screen 3/4's, this returns you to your Active Frames Screen. From there you select your application an go.

With FastTask Switcher another option is added. This option allows you to swipe up the screen 1/4 of the way to reveal the FastTask Switcher.
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-2.jpg

Once the FastTask Switcher is open, you are presented with a row of your Open and Headless Applications. Each application can be quickly selected to bring you into the application you selected. In addition to just showing the FastTask Switcher, Long Pressing on an open application within the FastTask Switcher will bring up a menu for certain applications that allows you to do such things as sharing a screenshot to a contact, sending a screenshot or selected text directly to a word editing or picture editing application, or opening and closing the application.

Here is a screenshot of the FastTask Switchers, Long Pressed Menu
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-6.jpg

Another option the FastTask Switcher presents to the user is a list of the 3 most recent notifications. Clicking on a notification brings you to the appropriate location within the hub. If the notification happens to be a conversation with a contact, the User has the option to reply directly to them by pulling up the Quick Action bar that BlackBerry already uses.
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-7.jpg

The FastTask Switcher will be seemingly integrated into the current swipe up gesture, it will include new animations that alow make it blend it.

1: FastTask Starts by swiping upwards from the Lower Bezel.
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-1.jpg
    2: From there the user swipes up 1/4 of the screen to reveal the FastTask Switcher, there they can use the application, or continue to swipe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	241716
    3: When swiping upwards after the FastTask Switcher is open the current Application halfway minimizes while the FastTask Switcher follows your finger upwards.
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-3.jpg
    4: In between letting your finger off the screen and the Active Frames appearing, a new animation showing the icons of the FastTask Switcher flowing towards the location of their Active Frames will occur. The icons that take the place of the hidden Active Frame applications will flow down and fade off the screen.
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-4.jpg
    5: Finally, once the FastTask Switcher icons are in place, they will grow and expand into their Active Frame counterparts.
    [Concept] FastTask Switcher-5.jpg

2014 - Sanctity Design
    Last edited by BriniaSona; 01-25-14 at 10:17 PM.
    01-22-14 03:47 AM
    It's A good concept but it's way to much like the old ios6 task switcher.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-22-14 09:51 AM
    I would like a feature like this, though I am not sure if this is the best implementation. That said, I don't have an alternative to offer.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 01:22 PM
    - Added the ability to bring up action menus for long pressed apps.
    - Hub icon can display last 3 notifications that can be clicked on to open that notification

I will be adding a few examples of alternative application options tonight, like quick paste to note app when text is selected, and quick call, add contact when a number is selected.
    01-23-14 01:38 PM
    Nice idea but who can make it.
    Or more important are the necessary APIs even available?

I'd certainly try the app if it was available... might grow very fond of it and a feature or 2 would come in handy I'm sure, but isint the current implementation already better in some ways to switch tasks?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:37 PM
    It wouldn't replace the current one. It would be on top of the current one and would only be be available in an app.
    01-23-14 05:05 PM
    You mean like iOS prior to 7? Why have 2 ways of multitasking? It will just confuse people. Plus, the way BB10 multitasks is that it's right there and you don't need to go out of your way like you do on iOS and Android (and the way you just showed). I for one think it is a bad idea. However, I would like to be able to swipe from app to app like you could on the PlayBook.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-23-14 06:16 PM
    This would be a setting you'd turn on in the settings. It doesn't change the current way at all. It also add options like sending text right to remember, or directly adding selected numbers to contacts, or closing and opening apps without leaving the one you're in.
    01-23-14 06:29 PM
    Sorry to say this but let me get this straight. You swipe up from the bottom and pick the app you want to switch to. And this is different from the current swipe up from the bottom and pick the app you want? Yup, I see you have message notifications, which is an improvement of up and to the left how? And, the little menu thing, like windows 7 and 8, has what new function?

There is no improvement here.
    01-23-14 06:42 PM
    it's supposed to combine windows taskbar, and the current bb multitask options, but then add some more things to it depending on what the dev adds to thier app, like sharing screenshots of what they are doing to a contact, or adding contacts from a selected number, or sending selections to the notepad app without leaving the browser or app you are in.
    01-23-14 06:51 PM
    I was thinking that if i'm thinking along ajst222's lines, what I think may be a good compromise is to use the right bezel instead?

I mean, swipe from right, it opens up icons of "now open" apps in a single file, scrollable, not the active frames, and just click and go? The long press buttons can be implemented within those open apps?
    01-23-14 07:34 PM
    That could be done, but when using cases such as the commuter with my z30, practically all of the side bezels are covered. I could do that though, that way all 8 might fit without having to scroll.
    01-23-14 07:37 PM
    It might work, but it'd have to seamlessly work with the current open app grid layout to not be confusing. Maybe pull up a little to show this, and pull up more has a zoom animation where the app icons morph into the tiles and reorder themselves.

But it would be awesome, just push up a little bit to pop up the bar and tap or slide to the app you want, or make a very small upside-down "u" shape to flick to the previous app. However, just make it show running apps and not recent. And don't use that menu; you can flick to the app to do a screenshot. Just tap to launch the app and long-tap then tap to close the app.
    01-24-14 01:40 AM
    Pushing up 1/4 up the screen could pull up the par, and anything past that could have the bar split into tiles and turn into the same windows page. Great idea. I'd still like to keep the idea to send selected text, or a screenshot to another app though.

I think this is gonna go back to the drawing boards for a part two.
    01-24-14 01:56 AM
    [Updated]

Might be a little late, but I updated it. I kept the LongPress Actions and the 3 Notification options there.
    01-25-14 10:18 PM
    Good work! Keep the concepts up

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:06 AM
    Thank you.
    01-26-14 11:33 AM
    Bump. Just bumping because I'd like more feedback on the idea.
    03-19-14 04:51 PM