That isnt comforting at all is it?
    Not really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-04-14 07:56 AM
    Given the recent news that Blackberry is re-introducing the Bold 9900, I'm bringing back this thread.

BB7 is still a popular OS, due to having a vast library or apps and being familiar.
    i still think it makes sense to replace the existing JVM with a more flexible QNX one. All BB7 apps would still work, but they can get past the fundamental flaws of the existing OS (such as having to reboot so often, or deal with constant lockups). Blackberry can slowly port the interface and apps to native QNX, and provide APIs so that BB10 developers can bring their apps to BB8 with only some tweaks to the interface and navigation.

And i still think they should bring back the Pearl line. it could make an awesome low end dirt cheap (maybe max $50 usa) phone that is still pretty much fully featured.
    spikesolie likes this.
    03-29-14 10:54 PM
    Given the recent news that Blackberry is re-introducing the Bold 9900, I'm bringing back this thread.

BB7 is still a popular OS, due to having a vast library or apps and being familiar.
    i still think it makes sense to replace the existing JVM with a more flexible QNX one. All BB7 apps would still work, but they can get past the fundamental flaws of the existing OS (such as having to reboot so often, or deal with constant lockups). Blackberry can slowly port the interface and apps to native QNX, and provide APIs so that BB10 developers can bring their apps to BB8 with only some tweaks to the interface and navigation.

And i still think they should bring back the Pearl line. it could make an awesome low end dirt cheap (maybe max $50 usa) phone that is still pretty much fully featured.
    Lol BlackBerry is slowly dying. They have no direction or belief

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-30-14 12:10 AM
    minimum 720p is a must for new smartphones.

And BB10 needs 2GB to perform well because QNX is a bit of a memory hog. (QNX is a RTOS)
    The iPhone 5s isn't even 720p...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:39 AM
    They need a JVM for legacy BlackBerry applications to work. I wonder why there is still no JVM 8 for QNX yet. Would be nice since Java 8 has fancy new JavaFX

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:20 AM
55 123