04-28-14 04:58 PM
    Yeah

Posted via CB10

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=927429

Turning in circles ;-)
    04-28-14 06:06 PM
    Does it matter?

I don't care if BlackBerry is 1% or 100% as long as they are making money and making good phones.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-28-14 06:30 PM
    They are reasonably accurate.

They do a scientific (i.e., random) survey of several thousand users to get a statistically valid sampling of users, and they use the same methodology each month so that they get comparable results. In other words, it's the same method used for sampling just about anything, including election polling. There is going to be a margin of error, of course, but it's reasonably small, and, really, it's the month-to-month comparisons that tell the story.

My bad... I was thinking of Kantar.
    Last edited by Troy Tiscareno; 04-28-14 at 07:11 PM.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    04-28-14 06:33 PM
    Wow knox looks like a total flop

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    04-28-14 06:39 PM
    They are reasonably accurate.

They do a scientific (i.e., random) survey of several thousand users to get a statistically valid sampling of users, and they use the same methodology each month so that they get comparable results. In other words, it's the same method used for sampling just about anything, including election polling. There is going to be a margin of error, of course, but it's reasonably small, and, really, it's the month-to-month comparisons that tell the story.
    Did you read the article OP posted? It looks like comscore is not reliable.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:41 PM
    Did you read the article OP posted? It looks like comscore is not reliable.

Posted via CB10
    Only if you believe an opinion piece from Seeking Alpha...

As for the article and BlackBerry owning Enterprises... yes they do. But no they are not gaining additional sales, nor are they convert legacy to BB10. The only totally "reliable" numbers come from BlackBerry and their quarterly reports on sales..... which does match what mist of these sampling report. And not what this guy on Seeking Alpha believes.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    04-28-14 08:10 PM

As for the article and BlackBerry owning Enterprises... yes they do. But no they are not gaining additional sales, nor are they convert legacy to BB10. The only totally "reliable" numbers come from BlackBerry and their quarterly reports on sales..... which does match what mist of these sampling report. And not what this guy on Seeking Alpha believes.

Posted via CB10
    Believing seeking alpha is irrelevant. Its just a forum for stock analysts to post their opinions. Seeking alpha doesn't have a brain of its own. Do you believe the author is the correct question. Maybe read her prior articles and see if she has been correct in the past.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    04-28-14 08:24 PM
    Only BB knows if the Comscore userbase figures are accurate. And BB stopped reporting subscriber numbers a while back after previously reporting a steady decline.

I have to say that I do believe that Comscore's numbers are as accurate as they can make them and are consistent with a continuation of that steady decline previously reported by BB.

As said, only BB know for sure. Though, if those figures were seriously wrong, to the point of being detrimental to BB... I'm sure BB could rebut with hard evidence. That BB don't do that, convinces me that Comscore aren't far from the truth in their numbers.

JBB
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    04-29-14 02:32 AM
    That's the crux of it - philosophising and hoping aside; the issue is that the true numbers are divulged via the blackberry press releases, and if the comscore figures were materially or factually incorrect, with the potential to affect blackberry's business: They would issue a rebuttal.

Unfortunately the business is in decline and that hadn't changed for a while.

Hopefully, after another quarter or two of consolidation and trimming they will be in a position to arrest the decline and start the climb back. Or change tragically from the company we know (perhaps focusing on enterprise and services only etc).

Sent from Tapatalk
    04-29-14 04:14 AM
    Authors previous articles D1 and D2

D1 : http://seekingalpha.com/article/2156...ot-telling-you

Z30 : posted via CB10 app
    04-29-14 07:07 AM
    04-29-14 07:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well why would an opinion piece from SA be less credible then comscore? Not like comscore has a badge of honesty that has been verified. They are both opinions. Not fact as Comscore would like everyone to believe.

And I am not saying believe the SA article but the post I was responding to made the statement that comscore is a fact which it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 07:42 AM