Blackberry Curve 9530

When i plug it in through my usb cord it ask for my password and everything and it shows its charging it (it is) but when i go to my comp it doesnt come up and in windows media player it won't sync

It was working earlier until my computer died
    01-30-11 06:43 PM
    What happened to your computer? How did you fix it? Depending on the problem with the computer, it might be necessary to reinstall Desktop Manager. That's at least something you can try.
    01-30-11 07:51 PM
    There is a simple way that you reinstall your Blackberry device manager I think you had an error while installing. I also had a similar issue but when I reinstalled the device manager software, it worked.
    01-31-11 02:54 AM
    First off, can you answer JeffH's question as to what happened to your PC? This seems to be the key to your problem.

Once you have the PC running correctly, I reccomend that you uninstall Desktop Manager completely. You must not only uninstall the application via Control Panel but also delete all profiles (which will be a question during the uninstall process).

Once DM ins fully uninstalled, please re-boot your PC and then re-install DM from your CD or from a download.

Once this is complete, connect your phone directly to a USB port on the PC. Do not connect via a hub this first time.

Hopefully this procedure will now result in a good connection being recognised between the PC and your BlackBerry.
    01-31-11 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD