I heard Thorsten say BB10 won't be released until first quarter 2013, then it made me think, is he referring to actual first quarter (Jan Feb Mar) time frame or RIM's first quarter (Apr May June) ?

Thought this would give him an excuse to further delay the BB10 launch and his excuse will be I said 1 qtr 2014 which ends in June.

Just sayin...
    Last edited by Shlooky; 06-28-12 at 10:24 PM.
    06-28-12 10:15 PM
    actually, that would be 1st quarter 2014 (fiscal), because the first quarter of the 2013 fiscal year just ended.
    06-28-12 10:22 PM
    you are correct.
    06-28-12 10:24 PM
    and the point is??????
    06-28-12 10:28 PM
    It doesn't matter if he said 1st of 2013 or the 5th quarter. No one in their right mind believes the date they put out.

If BB10 launches, we'll believe it when we see it and then go from there.
    kennyliu, Saiga, Sucroid and 3 others like this.
    06-28-12 10:29 PM
    Right now Q1 is just a guess. A lot can happen in nine months (maybe they can even finish BB 10).
    jkomo001 likes this.
    06-28-12 10:30 PM
    I think Thor just wants to make sure Nicholas Cage doesn't predict the end of the world before he releases a new product.
    06-28-12 10:33 PM
    Lol. Nobody's calling the OP a troll this time.
    Fuzzballz, Rello, Saiga and 3 others like this.
    06-28-12 10:35 PM
    Troll!!!
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-28-12 10:48 PM
    LOL, knew that was coming
    06-28-12 10:52 PM
    It doesnt even matter. like others say, no one can believe them on release dates. i certainly wont anymore. This news seriously makes me want to take a real long hard look at Windows Phone 8 when it drops. Its tiring being let down over and obver by a company.
    Saiga likes this.
    06-28-12 10:54 PM
    It doesnt even matter. like others say, no one can believe them on release dates. i certainly wont anymore. This news seriously makes me want to take a real long hard look at Windows Phone 8 when it drops. Its tiring being let down over and obver by a company.
    I am doing the same thing. I have used Android and iOS and have preferred to BlackBerry. When I leave my 9930 it will be for WP8
    06-29-12 12:39 AM
    I am doing the same thing. I have used Android and iOS and have preferred to BlackBerry. When I leave my 9930 it will be for WP8
    Its just hard when i keep telling people im going to be getting a new phone that will finally (hopefully) put RIM on even playing ground, if not further than IOS and Android, and it'll come out in october(ish) and now i have to once again say that it got pushed back. This company hasnt changed. just waiting for a new chipset??? what happened tlo that??? That bought them time to complete the OS and they still couldnt complete their target launch, and now they want people to wait another 3 to 4 months and at the same time believe they will keep their word that it will come out then? Thats asking too much. I understand that they need to keep secrets of the OS hidden but its about time they show a little something. Something to keep faith that this will actually be worth the wait.

Between the Storm and it being a terrible/rushed product, and the PlayBook and its rushed/unfinished software, if BB10 is a dud in any way sort or fashion, i gotta try something new. I love RIM and they're all I know at this point but you can only burn people so many times
    06-29-12 01:15 AM
    It doesn't matter if he said 1st of 2013 or the 5th quarter. No one in their right mind believes the date they put out.
    This -----^

Deja Vu... LOL

This is the "repeatedly missed deadlines" Playbook scenario played out all over again! Everyone will know the script, so it's easy to predict.

RIM have set a date 6 to 9 months ahead to give themselves a breathing space. I'm not convinced that setting a release for an entire season, Spring, technically qualifies as a "date" - but I'll let that pass.

That "date" doesn't mean diddly-squat, and as that deadline approaches, RIM'll realise that they aren't ready and a new "date" will be announced, then another, and another.

Me? I'm hoping the official release PB OS2.1 comes out soon, because it sounds like an improvement on OS2.0 and would be nice to have especially as I wouldn't bet on my PB ever seeing BB10.

My phone contract is up in October. Choices are Win8 or S3.

I'll keep the Playbook.
    06-29-12 03:52 AM
    My phone contract is up in October. Choices are Win8 or S3.

I'll keep the Playbook.
    WP8 looks more attractive for business.
    06-29-12 05:22 AM
    RIM has incompetent management to think this announcement was something that could even be made. You can build a phone from scratch in 6-9 months on top of QNX with the resources available to RIM, so basically they might as well be at step zero.

What marketing program is going on to get people to stay with BB? There is no marketing of any kind. No exchange program in place to get people at least into an OS7 phone now. No explanation as to why Thorsten's statement has credibility even.

There was never an explanation as to why it 18 months to deliver an email client on the PB.

There is something rotten at RIM. They can't even be bothered to tell the media that being split up is not a real option, even though analysts are salivating over the prospect of reorg fees like larvae on dung.

I know I don't have a business background, but I can't see how I could ruin RIM faster as CEO if I tried.
    06-29-12 06:28 AM
    Reality Check

No One here has any clue as to what RIM is doing or when they are doing it.

Apparently No One at RIM has a clue either.
    06-29-12 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD