I don't think you're looking hard enough if you don't think other sites that are dedicated to one platform have hardcore advocates. you don't have to look hard at all. ESPECIALLY Android (there's a fight amongst themselves as far as elitist attitudes about who's device is better *see Nexus and Droid Razr forums*), and even iOS after the whole debacle about Instagram going to Android. A lot of time the hardcore supporters are WORSE than a troll. Trolls go away after awhile
    Last edited by HypnotizedbyBB; 04-11-12 at 01:53 AM.
    04-11-12 01:47 AM
    I'm sorry but sometimes people need to just learn how to ignore the trolls and this would become a better place. Instead people get into a thread and start replying when they should already know it's bait. Trolls want people to do that yet they keep falling for it. Ignore them...its simple as that. People seem to forget that crackberry has a feature that can block any certain persons posts from being visible to them...
    And there it is. Your hottest topics are the "deconstructive criticism"
    04-11-12 01:52 AM
    I don't think you're looking hard enough if you don't think other sites that are dedicated to one platform have hardcore advocates. you don't have to look hard at all. ESPECIALLY Android (there's a fight amongst themselves as far as elitist attitudes about who's device is better *see Nexus and Droid Razr forums*), and even iOS after the whole debacle about Instagram going to Android.
    And I'm not saying there aren't!

But watch thief conversations and you slowly begin to see how dumb they look, arguing that their device is better.

Who freaking cares? I like my 9930 and wouldn't trade it for any DROID.
    04-11-12 01:55 AM
    Oh I agree that they all look silly trying to out trump each other. IMO, the best feeling overall is owning a device and not giving a damn what the competition has over you no matter what platform you're on.
    04-11-12 02:11 AM
    I think if you don't feed trolls they go elsewhere for food.

However, I find it really sad/disappointing when a member has a gripe or disappointment about their device/platform they are instantly told basically to 'shut up and go away' and told to 'go buy another device'

I love my PlayBook dearly, but I'm not blind to its faults and I shouldn't feel like I can't discuss them with fellow users. After all, we're all supposed to be grown ups.
    04-11-12 02:21 AM
    I think if you don't feed trolls they go elsewhere for food.

However, I find it really sad/disappointing when a member has a gripe or disappointment about their device/platform they are instantly told basically to 'shut up and go away' and told to 'go buy another device'

I love my PlayBook dearly, but I'm not blind to its faults and I shouldn't feel like I can't discuss them with fellow users. After all, we're all supposed to be grown ups.
    While I agree with you, I think your post count makes them feel like you are just joining the forum to complain. I don't agree because someone's post count doesn't mean they haven't supported Blackberry beforehand, but a lot of "new members" spam the forums and have since the beginning. Just something you might have to ignore or maybe change your wording. Like ask about any alternatives or suggestions to what your problems are for your first 100 posts and get your foot in, then start outright saying what you think the company should or shouldn't do. That's if you want people to be less aggressive. If you don't care then keep going LOL. I know I don't care
    04-11-12 02:27 AM
    RIM needs a dedicated pool of "official evangelists" that are watching the forums and blogs.
    The only answer to "trolls" and miss informed complainers is a very factual one, with references and official statements. No "hidden evangelists" like others hire (paid or gifted) by dozens : real ones that assume their status.

If not, the famous "do not feed the troll" and "report this post" button (the red alert triangle @ upper right corner of each post) are the only appropriate actions.
    [hit me first : I know how hard it is to refrain reacting]
    04-11-12 03:03 AM
    they do. think "Alex from RIM"

point to note: he doesn't go around calling everyone who has gripes against bb a troll nor does he try to shut them by asking them to move to another platform.

RIM needs a dedicated pool of "official evangelists" that are watching the forums and blogs.
    The only answer to "trolls" and miss informed complainers is a very factual one, with references and official statements. No "hidden evangelists" like others hire (paid or gifted) by dozens : real ones that assume their status.

If not, the famous "do not feed the troll" and "report this post" button (the red alert triangle @ upper right corner of each post) are the only appropriate actions.
    [hit me first : I know how hard it is to refrain reacting]

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 03:11 AM
    I don't mind the complaints and discussion about what rim has done wrong and what they should do because face it. RIM has dropped the ball many times in the past couple yrs. And their advertising / public relations leaves A LOT to be desired.
    I think myself and others have problems with the snarky threads ppl start that are very repetitive and offer nothing more than "rim sucks" there was a regular "troll" / poster who made about 8 or 9 within 20 mins on the weekend and the mods had to keep up with closing and deleting them. That stuff is annoying. As well as when someone asks for help and people just get snarky about rim or their product choice.Or why come here and your first post it "I hate my bb I'm leaving" why bother and why bother letting those threads stay open?
    Maybe I'm just cranky lately. It just seems like more people like to bash rim rather than discuss them and try to fix issues with their phones?
    04-11-12 05:23 AM
    I dont know... im just saying what im seeing.

Thor says something and BAM, media posts dozens of articles saying the EXACT OPPOSITE just to bash RIM.
    Maybe he should choose his words more carefully then, if they're so easily refutable? We all know RIM and it's previous CEOs haven't exactly had the best track record in accurately representing their devices/software.

PB doesnt have NATIVE email and there is a HUGE uproar... but iPad doesnt have 4G, has iffy wifi and heats up to over 100 F and there are what, 5 articles
    Apple 'captures' new iPads due to WiFi complaints -- Engadget

Report: Apple investigating Wi-Fi issues with new iPad - CNN.com

Apple looking into new iPad Wi-Fi issues | Apple - CNET News

Apple investigating, replacing problematic iPad 3 Wi-Fi tablets | ZDNet

iPad heat: How hot is too hot, and other FAQs

U.K. and Swedish regulators follow Australia's lead, examine '4G' iPad claims

Australian regulators claim Apple's iPad is misleading consumers

Seven articles, last two by BGR, you know...the mouthpiece of Apple I hope you get my point.
    04-11-12 10:32 PM
    One might argue that a thread like this is troll bait. Just saying.
    04-12-12 07:10 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD