01-10-13 07:20 PM
26 12
tools
    This driveby IS isolated to android, because android is programmed to automatically launch requests from an NFC tag, IE going to a malicious website that will download code to your phone automatically without your knowledge. BB obviously blocks automated launch attempts by unsigned sources, so you have to agree to at LEAST one prompt on the screen before it will do anything, same as a bluetooth transfer, etc etc... Please, never think anything on android is nearly as secure as BB... the automation built into android to make it easier for people to use is the downfall, its like on Windows7, the user account access prompts before you open a program etc, puts the user in control of their own security vs. just launching whatever program sends a request to run. Android is the latter, it will just run whatever requests to run.
    Not true on the Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 please explain further (when I say this I tested this on this phone that I have here in front of me and that wasn't the case). Not pretending to be an expert, just my anecdotal evidence
    01-10-13 07:20 PM
26 12