I want to purchase a blackberry. However, I am an attorney, and therefore my palm data is ultimately important. Can I down load my calendar and contacts list from palm to blackberry safely. How?
    09-04-07 12:27 PM
    If you sync your palm data to Outlook first, then sync Outlook to the BB, you can move it over easily. The BB Desktop Manager won't sync with Palm Desktop.
    09-04-07 12:29 PM
    So it sounds like, I can save my contacts, but not my calendar? Thanks
    09-04-07 12:31 PM
    I just went through this with the transition from my Treo 650 to the BB Curve.

Sync Outlook Contacts / Calendar / Memo / Task up with your Palm. Install the BB Desktop software then sync the new BB with the BB Desktop software and all of the contacts / calendar / memo / task data you had on your Palm will come over to the BB through Outlook. Worked like a charm for me in < 5 min.

I was a 10+ year Palm follower and should have listened to others and switched to the BB years ago. Fantastic device!
    09-04-07 12:55 PM
    Thank you. I will let you know how I make out.
    09-04-07 01:27 PM
    How do I sync my palm desktop data with outlooK?
    09-04-07 01:49 PM
    I just recently went through this - Converting from a Treo650 (PalmOS) to a BB8800. There is a switch device wizard on Desktop Manager 4.2.

First, sync your Palm to your Palm Desktop. (to ensure your Palm Desktop is up-to-date)
    Then, run the Wizard on BB Desktop Manager to sync your BB to your Palm Desktop. This is a 1-time deal - after that, it will sync your BB to Outlook.

It sync'd my memos, contacts and calendar. I didn't have any tasks, but I think there was an option to do thatalso.
    Last edited by DubyaEl; 09-04-07 at 04:24 PM. Reason: updated name of wizard
    09-04-07 03:05 PM
    So one wouldn't have to deal with Palm to Outlook at all? That's a step in the right direction. Now if I didn't have to deal with outlook period. Heck, I don't even sync my palm to my pc anymore. Just to the card and Palm's wireless service.
    09-06-07 12:52 PM
    So one wouldn't have to deal with Palm to Outlook at all? That's a step in the right direction. Now if I didn't have to deal with outlook period. Heck, I don't even sync my palm to my pc anymore. Just to the card and Palm's wireless service.
    correct, I didn't sync Palm to Outlook when I converted. I rarely open Outlook on my computer, but that is where my calendar, tasks, contacts, and memos reside.
    09-06-07 06:22 PM
    did your user fields in contacts go over. That's my one fear as I have a lot of personal information there. Almost lost a lot of it the one time I tried converting over to Outlook and they didn't get mapped over properly.
    correct, I didn't sync Palm to Outlook when I converted. I rarely open Outlook on my computer, but that is where my calendar, tasks, contacts, and memos reside.
    09-06-07 09:25 PM
    using the transfer wizard employs intellisync. While this worked very well, each record had a memo added with long hex intellisync tracking number.
    It would be nice if this were not visibe when a record is opened.
    -Howie
    11-22-07 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD