Can someone who has used, or preferably uses, both in the US please comment as to the performance differences? My thought would be that ATT's is just so cluttered that TMO's would work faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 07:24 PM
    Can someone who has used, or preferably uses, both in the US please comment as to the performance differences? My thought would be that ATT's is just so cluttered that TMO's would work faster.

Maybe true but what good is an uncluttered network if it doesn't exist.

See this site for a comparison of coverage. The maps may not be accurate but they will demonstrate the difference.
    10-18-09 11:38 PM
    Yeah, and VZW has 5x more coverage than ATT. The town I live in has TMo 3G and not ATT, go figure. I'm just curious about a comparison.

10-19-09 12:34 AM
    ATT has more 3g coverage considerably in area wise around the U.S. T-mobile charges adversibly more and its not worth it. Honestly just go ahead and switch to one of the higher tech. networks like sprint... You will enjoy it alot more trust me...
    10-19-09 07:21 AM
    I should have prefaced this better. I have TMO and am going no where as I'm paying 60 a month for all SMS and data plus 1K minutes. My coverage is fine and with 8 channel EDGE (although I've never really gotten confirmation on that) and WiFi my 8900 serves me well. I asked for a comparison only for consumer feedback as TMO rolls out their 3G network. I'm just curious if anyone who uses both ATT and TMO 3G networks can make a comparison/contrast for me after the issues ATT has had with congestion and with TMO using a different band.

10-20-09 09:13 AM
    But it really doesn't matter if someone used both, and has pros and cons for each. That information wont be relevant to you as everyone lives in different areas and has different experiences.

But if I had to take a good guess I'd say T-mobile 3G would work fine as the network isn't as crowded as At&t 3G network, and they don't seem to be running into capacity issues.
    10-20-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD