I recently had problems with my company BB 8350i/Nextel. They told me some thing to do and one of them was to deactivate my two personal email accounts that I had on the phone. How did they know and can I do anything to stop them from knowing?
    03-09-11 10:20 AM
    We'll, on BES, they would know. What I don't understand how deactivating email accounts would fix problems with your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 10:34 AM
    I recently had problems with my company BB 8350i/Nextel. They told me some thing to do and one of them was to deactivate my two personal email accounts that I had on the phone. How did they know and can I do anything to stop them from knowing?
    what are the problems you were having?

on BES, everything the phone does goes through the company servers. there is nothing you can do to hide what you are doing with it without facing a possible termination.

What I don't understand how deactivating email accounts would fix problems with your phone.
    depends on what the problems are.
    03-09-11 11:18 AM
    Think of your phone this way. Your BlackBerry on BES is just like a company computer on their network, IT can watch everything you do.
    03-09-11 11:26 AM
    Addresses were multiplying and the address look up was gone. Problems are fine now. I was just wondering how they knew about the other email accounts. Thanks...
    03-09-11 02:31 PM
    They knew because they can see everything that is setup on your BlackBerry. IT has complete control of what is or isn't on your BB, and can see whatever you do, whatever messages you send or receive through your work or personal e-mails setup on the BB.

My guess is one of your personal e-mails was attempting to sync with your corporate e-mail list, which was causing your problems.
    03-09-11 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD