If my company is no longer supporting BlackBerry devices and told me I need to get an iPhone or Droid, would BlackBerry 10 devices also work? The company used to use BES, but I assume they are dropping that, but that is all I know.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:44 AM
    thats up to your company. yes you can use activesync but they still might have something like mobleiron for their android and iphones and might not have it working for bb10
    07-20-13 08:50 AM
    If my company is no longer supporting BlackBerry devices and told me I need to get an iPhone or Droid, would BlackBerry 10 devices also work? The company used to use BES, but I assume they are dropping that, but that is all I know.

Posted via CB10
    I presume they would tell you if could use Active Sync with a BB10 device. That they haven't indicates to me you can't. My workplace opted not to get a BES10 server, and told us precisely what your company did. They are continuing to support the dwindling number of legacy BB's with the old BES server, but going forward it's either iOS or Android (running on a Domino server via Lotus Traveler -- we used to have Good Technology for those platforms). I would suggest moving on as I did and save yourself a lot of grief.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-20-13 09:19 AM
    I work for a rather large company over 2,000 employees and IT is currently testing iphones and they are not supporting BB10 for byod...sad times

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    07-20-13 11:50 AM
    They best thing to do is to get a lot of employees asking your IT department about it. If you can get some managers or high ups to ask for it, all the better.
    Usually, when management wants something, they will get something.
    07-20-13 12:00 PM
    That happened at my company. Senior officer wanted a Q10.
    No problem. EAS was already in place for the thousands of converts to iOS and Android (and a few WP users).
    He returned it after one week. Fonts too small (remember these folks may be a bit older) and can't be changed. Screen wasn't as responsive as he'd expected. Went to an iPhone.

Oh well. I tried. No internal support for the BB.
    07-20-13 12:04 PM
    need one who says "troll" is banned for a week. There is no need for it.
    07-20-13 12:20 PM
    need one who says "troll" is banned for a week. There is no need for it.
    damn , my post being deleted ...do crackberry have humours or jokes sub forum ? i think it is better if i post it there...
    07-20-13 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, if your company is dictating a specific device to be used, then they should also supply the device, otherwise it is not considered a BYOB situation. That being said, active sync is your friend here.
    07-20-13 12:56 PM
    Not the first and not the last..
    07-20-13 02:38 PM
    I was able to connect to my workplace email through a legacy bes server afaik. It gave me all the usual functions and created the work / personal division.

That being said I had the account deleted and then I reinstated using EAS. I didn't need the work side separate.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 03:08 PM
    My company did the exact same thing here in the States. My estimate is that millions of companies have done the same. The entire market has shifted. Companies don't need BlackBerry for their encryption anymore. There are far cheaper and easier solutions out there right now by simply using apps for security and device monitoring.

Why spend the money and BES10 for BBRY when all you need is one or two security apps for Apple or Android? BlackBerry needs to pull their head out of their a$$ and develop some simple apps for security and then "bingo" companies will allow them and they'll sell millions more phones.

I work for an insurance company and we have people's most precious security info on file so security is a first priority for us. With that being said, I was shocked when they started allowing us to hook up to our email and calendar via outlook webmail on any web browser.

It's not perfect, but it works. Maybe your company will allow you to connect that way too..
    07-20-13 03:58 PM