I work for a small (@100 employee) software company. The sysadmin wants to shutdown the BES server because he wants everyone to be iphone users. I am the last bb user. I was excited to buy a z10, but the conspirators are relentless to take my bb!

He is making the case with the boss that there's a sizable support fee from BB for the server. He doesn't care that the BESx server is free. He says support still cost @$1500/yr. He cancelled the support, and warned me that he will not be responsible for maintaining it. A year ago when he last tried to push me off there was a string of outages with no explanation. I expect him to start his antics again to annoy me. My boss, and boss's boss are also apple fans and want to take my blackberry. There is no point is trying to reason with them.

Is there anything for android that will allow me to sync my calendar/contacts to my blackberry? How do I get around BES and still have access to my resources?
    02-14-13 12:11 PM
    Get a Z10. I'm assuming that your shop runs Exchange as a mail server, so the Z10 will connect the same way the iPhones/Androids do.
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    02-14-13 12:22 PM
    I FILL YOUR PAIN. I am the last BlackBerry user out of 300 employees. Our IT Dept has been trying to get me to switch to an iphone for the past year and a half. The nice thing is the phone contract is in my name and they pay for my phone plan every month, so at least I have some control over the phone that I carry. With cloud services and syncing I'm surviving without support from our IT Dept.. Good luck and don't let those SOB talk you into a product that you don't want to use. I would try the Z10 before I would get an iphone.
    02-14-13 12:59 PM
    btw, I can actually sympathize with IT guys who would really rather just ditch BES entirely and move all users onto ActiveSync. There are situations where this is absolutely the right thing to do for the company and for the users. As time goes by, though, I think a lot of companies will realize that BES10 allows them to do things that they just can't with plain-vanilla EAS. At least some of those shops will come back.
    02-14-13 01:10 PM
    We only had BBs, then few iOS devices. We had to purchase another solution to manage iOS devices. Now we have bes5, third party MDM solution and BES10.
    The plan is to replace all 3 systems/servers with ONE BES10 to manage all 4 platforms bb7, bb10, ios and Anroid. Looks like iFreaks took over your company, no rational decision. Look at the secrurity issues reported. With BES10 and work space feature we should be able create/manage secure space on iOS and Anroid devices.
    02-14-13 01:22 PM
    Well make sure they are aware of the recent problem with iOS bring Exchange servers to there knees.
    02-14-13 01:25 PM