I am getting a company-provided BlackBerry and will use the BES to access company emails. My question is, if I use the browser to access my personal hotmail accounts, will the company be able to tell? Can they tell what websites I visit? I have my own personal BB but am considering turning it off to save money. Just want to know how much the company can "see" in terms of websites, texts, etc. Thanks!
    11-19-10 01:48 PM
    Your company would have the ability to see all your personal information on BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 01:50 PM
    Network servers do two thing, they share resources and log events. Every URL access will be logged, but not the content of the page. Those logs are archived and will exist forever.

You should have no expectation of privacy with a corporate supplied BlackBerry.
    11-19-10 01:51 PM
    Ohhhkaay. Looks like I'm keeping my personal BB too! THANKS!
    11-19-10 02:22 PM
    Ohhhkaay. Looks like I'm keeping my personal BB too! THANKS!
    Sounds like a wise decision. Enjoy your BlackBerry and your privacy.

11-19-10 03:54 PM
    Yup, that's the reason I don't mix the two!!!!

11-19-10 04:18 PM
    yes while there is no privacy if your not doing anything really stupid to draw attention to yourself most IT departments have better things to do that to go over the bb logs of all the user they have them deployed to. its when you've been a bad employee that those logs come into play
    11-19-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD