I've been using Companionlink since their first version was implemented on Palm. I now use it on my Iphone 3GS. Basically Companionlink allows you to sync all your CRM data (Outlook, ACT! etc...) to your device. I'm a big fan of the app since its a smooth syncing process.

I've just found out they have announced beta testing for the Playbook! for those anxious to sync Outlook to the Playbook this will do it! Here's what they say on their web site:

While many of the features in PlayBook OS 2.0 are welcome additions, perhaps the most anticipated feature is the ability to install Android-based applications on the PlayBook.

Now, this doesn’t work with just any application – to work properly on the PlayBook, developers must first modify their app and submit it to the BlackBerry App World. So, this news begs the question: “Will we see DejaOffice on the PlayBook?”

Well, we’re in the process of looking into it. Bringing DejaOffice to the PlayBook would allow you to sync tasks and memos in addition to contacts and calendars. It would also open the doors for USB sync and WiFi sync options. Stay tuned for more news as we explore this possibility!

Also pay close attention to their Q&A since they elaborate on features and release date.

Here's the link: Sync the BlackBerry PlayBook with Outlook - The CompanionLink Blog
    04-19-12 07:52 AM
    It doesn't look like it syncs into the the native PIM apps, but into DejaOffice on the PlayBook.
    04-19-12 08:30 AM
    It doesn't look like it syncs into the the native PIM apps, but into DejaOffice on the PlayBook.
    Correct, but the DejaOffice app is full featured and not bad to work with. However, you are right... I'd rather work within the native apps.
    04-19-12 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD