SO.. I'll explain the setup first. I use my Blackberry Curve for internet on my desktop through tethering. I tether using bluetooth so I can have my phone with me in another room of the house while still having internet on the desktop. As of now if I recieve or send a text message or phone call it disrupts the internet to my computer. Is there any way to communicate without that brief pause? I actually play games online (with other people) (xbox live gamertag is anarde) and that slight disruption can do ALOT when your trying to win a game of Halo. My BB is EVERYTHING. It's my only source of internet and only source of communication.

I've tried using the AIM app on the phone but it doesnt work while "modem mode" is enabled. I thought maybe a desktop manager program but the one I've found uses internet and thus, doesn't work. Maybe if I found one that uses bluetooth?

One more thing, crackberry.com is amazing! Honestly I know I put alot of pressure to my phone, and many times come here for a little help in making things run smoother and it usually works. I hope this is one of those times.
    10-07-09 11:02 PM
    That's because US Cellular uses CDMA. EVDO can only handle voice or data at one time. Currently, only GSM can handle both data and voice at the same time over their 3G connection.

The only current option for CDMA is to have a device with WiFi as well, but no CDMA BlackBerry devices are available yet (until Storm 2 comes along).

LTE is supposed to handle data and voice simlutaneously, but I would say USCC is a ways off from offering LTE.
    10-08-09 10:48 AM
    Please don't spam our forum with reposts:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/comm...ternet-332090/

You asked this question already, and got an answer.
    10-08-09 12:51 PM
    Please do not create Duplicate threads!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/comm...ternet-332090/

Thx.
    10-08-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD