All of a sudden when I try to sync my BB with my computer (work) I receive the following message: "Communication error occurred while establishing a connection to the device". I have restarted the computer and device but to no avail. The USB recognized the device. Any suggestions?
    08-22-08 12:11 PM
    Uninstall and Reinstall Desktop Manager. It sounds like the driver is corrupt or something along those lines...

Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    08-22-08 12:14 PM
    Will do! Thanks, I'll give it a go...
    08-22-08 12:18 PM
    I reinstalled the desktop manager and still receive a Communication Error. Any other ideas?
    08-22-08 01:27 PM
    I've been having the same issues as you Coted. My PIN comes up in Desktop Manager, but I can't use the application as it should be. I've uninstalled and installed multiple version of DM including the original one that came with my Pearl. Hope someone has the answer.
    08-22-08 07:42 PM
    I just wiped my Berry and all is well now. Go to Options -> Security Options -> General Settings and then hit the BB button and then select Wipe Handheld. I didn't wipe the third party apps. I also did a backup before doing this. I restored my data and everything is back to normal now. Hope you get this Coted and it works for you as well.
    09-13-08 08:47 PM
    if I wipe my 9550 Storm2, will this wipe out all my contacts? I just got the device a week ago (I've never backed it up). I installed the desktop manager a week ago. But, this is the first time I've ever plugged the device up to the PC. I'm getting the same error.

I want to try the wipe, but do not want to lose my contacts....

Any ideas?
    11-06-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD