But OP said no discussion!! SHHH!
    Reading comprehension may not be your thing but I never said that there was no discussion.
    09-09-12 06:34 PM
    This post is not intended to offend people or start a debate.
    Suit yourself. Whether it is a debate or a discussion is immaterial.
    09-09-12 06:52 PM
    This is just to clarify this post. These are facts and not speculation. Then please close this thread.
    1. BB10 is an OS. The comment said that there would be 10 OS's before BB10. There won't be 10, maybe 10 phones but not OS's. I never said RIM was going to release 10 phones.
    2. Both Android and IOS will be able to port to BB10.
    3. I admit that this was confusing. The emphasis was on the if "ever" part of the statement. I never said that people weren't jumping ship. I just meant that it was going to be released next year.
    4. Obviously there are no public numbers to show who uses BB phones in the FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES. It has been stated in many sources that these companies still use RIM. If you want proof Google it. As for smaller companies, they probably are changing but I never questioned that.
    All of these are facts.
    1. BB10 is a version of the variant of the QNX OS that will power future RIM devices. Other QNX variants have been developed for all kinds of other devices so the term "QNX phones" is not correct either when describing the future RIM devices. Not having exact model numbers/designations for the phones, we have been referring to the first QNX-based phones as "BB10 Phones". This is merely a matter of convenience and we have been doing it for quite some time now. There is no purpose served by being pedantic. However, if you can suggest a short and snappy code-name for the new phones that will catch on immediately and be used universally in these fora, more power to you. But I am going to keep referring to them as "BB10 Phones". I hope it doesn't bother you too much.

2. Developers are able to write versions of their non-RIM-compatible apps using a RIM SDK and then submit them to App World. It is a fact that some authors will go to the trouble of creating the necessary RIM-compatible source files while others will not. It is also a fact that some consumers will be upset with those developers who decide against porting their popular apps to future RIM devices. The rationale for some developers' decision to opt out is an interesting topic in its own right. As such, it is a valid subject for discussing in these fora and it should not bug you particularly if we continue to speculate. If it does bother you, you can simply choose not to participate.

3. When "BB10 phones" will be available and how they will be received by consumers is speculative. Nobody knows the "facts". Your point does not clarify anything and just invites additional speculation. Please don't take this the wrong way but speculating is fun and your aim to stifle idle conversations about the unknown future is not particularly helpful.

4. See point number three.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-09-12 06:59 PM
    Reading comprehension may not be your thing but I never said that there was no discussion.
    Right, so no debate, but discussion is welcome. In other words, you welcome those who agree with you and shun all others. By the looks of the replies in this thread, I'd say your "facts" are heavily disputed.
    09-09-12 07:09 PM
    Seriously, this will be my last post.
    Never did I say that BB10 phone was the issue. The comment that was said was that there would be 10 OS's before BB10 and there won't be. Calling it BB10 was never said to bug me.
    Point 3 was against people saying BB10 would never come out. We'll it is a fact it will come out. Carriers have said that they will support it after they saw it.
    Point 4 is from articles from RIM and common sense. If you really think that they have lost most of their main customers so be it.
    As for your discussion or debate point, I said it wasn't intended, I didn't say it wasn't allowed.
    Thanks for your contribution to help others understand what is coming. You guys really helped the people understand.
    09-09-12 07:48 PM
    Point 3 was against people saying BB10 would never come out. We'll it is a fact it will come out. Carriers have said that they will support it after they saw it.
    Oh boy, the fact is no one really knows for sure if and when it will be released. The fact is rim announced that they EXPECT for it to be released in the first quarter of 2013. One could say there's a high probability that it will be released in the first quarter of 2013 but it's certainly not a fact, there are still plenty of things that can go wrong between now and then. I'm sorry, but I don't think you have fully yet grasped the meaning of fact. No offense, just saying.
    09-09-12 10:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD