Please read the whole thing:

"...And we haven�t forgotten that people use BlackBerry 10 outside the workplace, either...."

Just a few lines from that.
    Obviously one is more important than the other.
    12-15-16 11:58 AM
    I totally agree with BlackBerry. They are STILL selling BB10 phones. It is being sold primarily to businesses who need a secure smartphone and perhaps some consumers who wants the same.

So do you expect them to say, "Hey don't buy BB10 phones"? There is still a market for people who want them and BlackBerry is supporting them.

Here's an example of Microsoft doing the same:

https://www.barcodesinc.com/cats/por...ata-terminals/

One of their top seller is using Windows CE (Datalogic Falcon X3+).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_CE_6.0

Windows CE 6.0 has been last updated in Sept 22, 2009. That is over 7 years ago! Microsoft still supports it and I believe this is probably the amount of support BlackBerry will give to BB10.

If you are looking for a secure smartphone with minimal app support, BB10 is still an option. If you are looking for more app support, go for their Android offer. Otherwise, pick another brand.

Just because YOU aren't the target audience, doesn't mean that no one is buying the Datalogic Falcon X3+.
    "And we haven’t forgotten that people use BlackBerry 10 outside the workplace, either"
    BlackBerry's last words on OS10.

Also, support and being committed are different shoes.
    12-15-16 11:59 AM
    I have 6 BB10 devices, 3 new PP SEs, one currently using, a Z10, and one Z30. I love them all because of the Os! BlackBerry has forgotten us the BB10 users..
    They haven't forgotten but the only value you represent to them is that you keep buying up the old inventory.
    You have refused to get with the program so this is how it ends.
    Geez people.
    12-15-16 12:00 PM
    Obviously one is more important than the other.
    Then leave the not important one out and stop shouting out those bold statements.
    And telling people "they didn't listen clearly". Easy as that.
    That is what makes me angry and what BlackBerry did.
    12-15-16 12:00 PM
    Then leave the not important one out and stop shouting out those bold statements.
    But BB10 is NOT EOL. BB10 IS receiving security updates as promised. BB10 devices ARE still being sold and bought. Many enterprise users and consumers LIKE the OS as it is. The general population HAVE been given false information that all of this isn't happening.

What should BlackBerry say instead?
    TheAuthority likes this.
    12-15-16 12:07 PM
    You obviously still not paying attention
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-15-16 12:07 PM
    But BB10 is NOT EOL. BB10 IS receiving security updates as promised. BB10 devices ARE still being sold and bought. Many enterprise users and consumers LIKE the OS as it is. The general population HAVE been given false information that all of this isn't happening.

With what they are doing now?
    IMO the right plan would have been:
    Stop selling those devices to consumers making them only available to enterprise costumers, as they did back in the day with OS4 devices.
    Case closed.

How?
    When you have an OS10 device as consumer, telling them soon their OS10 devices go in "support mode".

And that should have happened with a public roadmap months ahead!
    When they decided to go Android!
    No confusions, no rumors and people had time to plan ahead!

Being fully committed to ALL users, developers, social media, your father's day and bla, bla, bla are different shoes!
    12-15-16 12:19 PM
    You obviously still not paying attention
    Pshhhhhh....
    12-15-16 12:20 PM
    With what they are doing now?
    IMO the right plan would have been:
    Stop selling those devices to consumers making them only available to enterprise costumers, as they did back in the day with OS4 devices.
    Case closed.

How?
    When you have an OS10 device as consumer, telling them soon their OS10 devices go in "support mode".

And that should have happened with a public roadmap months ahead!
    When they decided to go Android!
    No confusions, no rumors and people had time to plan ahead!

Being fully committed to ALL users, developers, social media, your father's day and bla, bla, bla are different shoes!
    This is just disjointed nonsense.

There are people who still WANT to buy BB10 devices. You would refuse to accommodate them because of some bizarre ideology? You would insist on keeping unsold inventory? - sell that idea to shareholders.

Most people wouldn't have any idea what "support mode" means, or look up some obscure "road map". Instead BlackBerry announced that BB10 would continue henceforth with security updates only - far easier to understand.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    12-15-16 12:29 PM
    This is just disjointed nonsense.

There are people who still WANT to buy BB10 devices. You would refuse to accommodate them because of some bizarre ideology?

Most people wouldn't have any idea what "support mode" means, or look up some obscure "road map". Instead BlackBerry announced that BB10 would continue henceforth with security updates only - far easier to understand.
    If you dying to have a OS10 device - then get some kind of BIS plan with that to clearly separate them from consumer devices.
    Make clear that those ain't consumers devices anymore (they just did say those are devices for people outside the workplace). As you wrote yourself, all to expect are "just security fixes".

"bizarre ideology"?
    That's how serious business should look like, not like a egg dance to the mood of their board.
    New ideas from week to week.
    And that's what roadmaps are made for.

So, but people read their announcements like you mentioned from fall 2015?
    That does make more sense, huh?
    12-15-16 12:34 PM
    If you dying to have a OS10 device - then get some kind of BIS plan with that to clearly separate them from consumer devices.
    Make clear that those ain't consumers devices anymore (they just did say those are devices for people outside the workplace). As you wrote yourself, all to expect are "just security fixes".

"bizarre ideology"?
    That's how serious business should look like, not like a egg dance to the mood of their board.
    New ideas from week to week.
    And that's what roadmaps are made for.

So, but people read their announcements like you mentioned from fall 2015?
    That does make more sense, huh?
    12-15-16 12:41 PM
    I clearly see that you didn't get the point.
    miki5 likes this.
    12-15-16 12:42 PM
    Just like they are committed to their developers for OS10?
    Read my "favourite" link - how is that committed without any SDKs or anything like that?
    OS10.3.3 was in works way before Oct. 2015.
    They stopped SDK work more than a year ago, but then they are still, celebrating their best BB10 developers. I'm asking why are they doing that? What is the PR value of celebrating their best BB10 developers? Normally you do that because you want to encourage more developers. OK, but then you aren't even supporting the SDK anymore. Have they really thought this through up there?

Another example: they make a big announcement to investors about the end of internally developed hardware. Yay, transition complete and no more financial drag from inventory risk, etc.

Nice, but then days later they're talking about one more internally designed phone. And even that was not clear because they announce a product (again!) with no specifics and no expected ship date. And then a few days after that I read more statements about their transition to software finally being complete. WTF?

This is on Chen: figure out what your communication strategy will be through this transition. Make sure everyone is bought into the plan, and then make absolutely certain that everything your leadership team does and absolutely everything they say is on point. This is important because pivots are difficult. They put stress on your teams. They put stress on your customers who need to know you are committed to the transition. They put stress on investors who wonder if everyone at BB is really committed and able to execute the pivot.

All of this stress puts a premium on clarity and decisiveness. Yet they seem allergic to clarity.

Again, if I were Chen I would ban any external communication about BB10. It's a joke at this point, and the reputation risk is greater than the value of the handful of BB10 devices they sell each well. Just let it go already.
    Slash82, DrBoomBotz, miki5 and 3 others like this.
    12-15-16 12:45 PM
    They stopped a SDK work more than a year ago, but then they are still, celebrating their best BB10 developers. I'm asking why are they doing that? What is the PR value of celebrating their best BB10 developers? Normally you do that because you want to encourage more developers. OK, but then you aren't even supporting the SDK anymore.

Another example: they make a big announcement to investors about the end of internally developed hardware. Yay, transition complete and no more financial drag from inventory risk, etc.

Nice, but then days later they're talking about one more internally designed phone. And even that was not clear because they announce a product (again!) with no specifics and no expected ship date. And then a few days after that I read more statements about their transition to software finally being complete. WTF?

This is on Chen: figure out what your communication strategy will be through this transition. Make sure everyone is bought into the plan, and then make absolutely certain that everything your leadership team does and absolutely everything they say is on point. This is important because pivots are difficult. They put stress on your teams. They put stress on your customers who need to know you are committed to the transition. They put stress on investors who wonder if everyone at BB is really committed and able to execute the pivot.

Again, if I were Chen I would ban any external communication about BB10. It's a joke at this point, and the reputation risk is greater than the value of the handful of BB10 devices they sell each well. Just let it go already.
    With their last interviews: Marty B. & Chen - they also said that OS10 devices ain't impossible if anyone would produce them.
    This is what makes me "angry".
    12-15-16 12:49 PM

Nothing. They should say nothing about BB10.

Meanwhile you communicate your support plans directly to your list of affected enterprises. These are enterprises, they have plenty of ways to communicate with them directly.

The public statements and blog posts and social media should all consistently focus on the enterprise software suite, and the auto industry, upcoming partner devices, and everything that is their future.

Talking about WhatsApp support "deep into 2017!" is just ridiculous.
    Slash82 and StephanieMaks like this.
    12-15-16 12:50 PM
    Nothing. They should say nothing about BB10.

Meanwhile you communicate your support plans directly to your list of affected enterprises. These are enterprises, they have plenty of ways to communicate with them directly.

The public statements and blog posts and social media should all consistently focus on the enterprise software suite, and the auto industry, upcoming partner devices, and everything that is their future.
    But they need to sell their BB10 inventory, and enterprise customers are clearly not going to do that.
    12-15-16 12:52 PM
    With their last interviews: Marty B. & Chen - they also said that OS10 devices ain't impossible if anyone would produce them.
    When they said future devices are possible if a licencee took it on, that is absolutely the truth.
    12-15-16 12:53 PM
    But they need to sell their BB10 inventory, and enterprise customers are clearly not going to do that.
    That's the serious business?
    And I have a "bizzare idiology"?
    miki5 likes this.
    12-15-16 12:53 PM

I believe something happened to change that initial decision. Perhaps due to a new requirement on behalf of a licencee.

Everyone wants a precise road map, but it's hard to do when you have a fast moving target.
    12-15-16 12:56 PM
    12-15-16 01:07 PM
    "wet ear" != raining
    12-15-16 01:18 PM
    "wet ear" != raining
    True that.
    They still should stop with that chicken dance and come up with a clear roadmap.
    12-15-16 01:23 PM
    True that.
    They still should stop with that chicken dance and come up with a clear roadmap.
    They have.

Security updates only. New BB10 devices if a licencee wishes to make one. Full stop.
    12-15-16 01:26 PM
    True that.
    As a wise man once said "There is no law against being stupid".
    12-15-16 01:33 PM
    They have.

Security updates only. New BB10 devices if a licencee wishes to make one. Full stop.
    Those are words that came up"just" came up time by time...

Just like outsourcing their hardware department.
    You were the one who said I'm crazy that this would happen as I pointed at their "Software is the new BlackBerry".
    Less than a week later it happened.

But let my quote your own words - to the roadmap:

"I believe something happened to change that initial decision. Perhaps due to a new requirement on behalf of a licencee.
    Everyone wants a precise road map, but it's hard to do when you have a fast moving target."

You contradict yourself.

This is what a roadmap looks like:
    The comment BlackBerry is holding back / "censoring"-blackberry-roadmap-2011-1.png
    And it doesn't matter if it's about devices, software, servers, SDKs or anything else.
    12-15-16 01:35 PM
161 12345 ...