Funny thing is that PlayBook also has support for USB OTG, but oh well what do we know, it runs glorious software OS. (So glorious that its Bluetooth doesn't connect to non-BlackBerry devices)
    Very well said, that makes me wonder if We can enable USB OTG with a "dingle(or dingell don't remember right now)berry-like" program on Q and Z10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 11:00 AM
    Very well said, that makes me wonder if We can enable USB OTG with a "dingle(or dingell don't remember right now)berry-like" program on Q and Z10

Posted via CB10
    Nope.
    12-16-16 11:04 AM
    With what they are doing now?
    IMO the right plan would have been:
    Stop selling those devices to consumers making them only available to enterprise costumers, as they did back in the day with OS4 devices.
    Case closed.

How?
    When you have an OS10 device as consumer, telling them soon their OS10 devices go in "support mode".

And that should have happened with a public roadmap months ahead!
    When they decided to go Android!
    No confusions, no rumors and people had time to plan ahead!

Being fully committed to ALL users, developers, social media, your father's day and bla, bla, bla are different shoes!
    So, you want to prevent a consumer like me from being able to buy a wonderful OS that is still being supported (via security patches) and meets all my needs because you wish it was more like Android or iOS? I'm sorry you want a different reality, but please don't ask the rest of us to join it!

Posted via CB10
    berrydroid likes this.
    12-16-16 11:42 AM
    Nope.
    With that abnormal quantities of negativism women should love you

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 11:54 AM
    With that abnormal quantities of negativism women should love you

Posted via CB10
    You would rather he lie to you

Z30_10.3.3.2163(somewhere in Hogwats)
    12-16-16 11:57 AM
    Why don't we talk about other products this way? I have an old Subaru that has received several "patches" for defective parts/systems that were free because they were either within the warranty period for the vehicle or safety related. However, I don't expect it to be upgraded with any new systems or features. That would be irrational and unfair to Subaru.

My BB10 device has been upgraded/enhanced for free multiple times by BlackBerry, far beyond what I had a right to expect when I bought it. They have made EVERY major update of BB10 available for all of their BB10 devices. Android hasn't done that. Moreover, each new version has been BETTER than the previous one in terms of responsiveness and battery life. Apple hasn't done that.

In fact, I would put my 2013 Z10 running the current version of BB10 against any Android or Apple phone sold in Q1 of that year running Marshmallow or iOS 10 for responsiveness and speed for its core functionality today, so long as that doesn't involve 3rd party apps that BlackBerry has no control over.

It's certainly true that third party apps for BB10 never reached the level that anyone had hoped for. But that is always the risk one takes when buying a less popular product.

When people complain about BB10 they usually seem to be frustrated with the app gap. All I can say to them is, "I'm sorry, but you bought the wrong phone. It was NEVER going to be what you wanted, which is an Apple or Android device."

Failure in the marketplace has consequences for companies and consumers, but Blackberry's support for BB10 has been fine. I always read "commitment " as meaning commitment to current functionality and security, not to adding new features and updating the Android runtime, which they NEVER promised to do.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-16-16 at 12:16 PM.
    12-16-16 12:04 PM
    You would rather he lie to you

Not much, you know something curious?, When BlackBerry OS days were in their biggest sucess and the Iphone launched BlackBerry said that it was IMPOSIBLE to make a phone like that, when Einstein was in highschool his proffesor told him that he wasn't going to be someone in life, How we even know something it is possible before even triying?, I bet a penny that with the Playbook everyone at first stance said that USB OTG was considered as "imposible", and it was later possible, Just as the playstore on BlackBerry 10, but were those two things I listed done with such quantity of negativism? Heck I could even listen the "suicide song" and be happier than everyone here

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 12:42 PM
    Not much, you know something curious?, When BlackBerry OS days were in their biggest sucess and the Iphone launched BlackBerry said that it was IMPOSIBLE to make a phone like that, when Einstein was in highschool his proffesor told him that he wasn't going to be someone in life, How we even know something it is possible before even triying?, I bet a penny that with the Playbook everyone at first stance said that USB OTG was considered as "imposible", and it was later possible, Just as the playstore on BlackBerry 10, but were those two things I listed done with such quantity of negativism? Heck I could even listen the "suicide song" and be happier than everyone here

Posted via CB10
    I had thought your reply would be, "oh I tested it and it worked" but no, rather than test it out you preferred to come back and argue. Hmmm....

Don't come back posting again until you have tried it. And don't talk about negativity because Einstein in the example you gave didn't argue with his professor, he proved him wrong.

So, DO THE SAME!

Last edited by shorski; 12-16-16 at 01:16 PM.
    DrBoomBotz and stlabrat like this.
    12-16-16 12:52 PM
    I had thought your reply would be, "oh I tested it and it worked" but no, rather than test it out you preferred to come back and argue. Hmmm....

Don't come back posting again until you have tried it. And don't talk about negativity because Einstein in the example you have didn't argue with his professor, he proved him wrong.

So, DO THE SAME!

I have been triying, but as you Just sayed, I haven't had any sucess, Edison failed a ton of times with electricity, so I expect someday to come here and prove you wrong

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 12:55 PM
    I am not sure whether it got mentioned, since I wasn't really keen on reading five pages of hurt feelings.. but the OP's comment has been online on the BlackBerry Blogs for three days already. I guess he failed to notice the small notification you always get that comments need to be approved before they are shown. In my experience, they will always approve comments, even the critical ones.

Even if OP's comment felt like reading a little child's tantrum, did they approve and post it..
    Really? Can this thread please be put out of its misery then?
    DrBoomBotz and shorski like this.
    12-16-16 01:26 PM
    I have been triying, but as you Just sayed, I haven't had any sucess, Edison failed a ton of times with electricity, so I expect someday to come here and prove you wrong

Posted via CB10
    How much BB10 development experience do you have? Before knocking someone on the forum make sure you know their background.
    12-16-16 01:28 PM
    Really? Can this thread please be put out of its misery then?
    So it seems like user error is the source of both the complaints about BlackBerry support AND the claim of censorship?

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-16-16 01:29 PM
    Truth hurts I know, admission or denial are only options. What's funny is that at launch PlayBook didn't even had email client, a potential iPad competitor. Then, a CEO of a company when asked what OS does mobile run he tells Android. BB 10 devices without device monitor/manager, or without Android support. The list goes on and on.

I'm a person that's gonna call failure a failure. I'm not going to defend something because I wasted my money and then I feel obligated to defend it to some point because of guilty conscience for choosing it. (PlayBook case)
    Funfact: WebOS and PlayBook OS are nearly identical, someone would say clone.
    This article is really interesting read and makes good comparison on how it happened:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/blackbe...-two-failures/
    Last edited by Nikola Stojic; 12-16-16 at 02:16 PM.
    12-16-16 02:04 PM
    Truth hurts I know, admission or denial are only options. What's funny is that at launch PlayBook didn't even had email client, a potential iPad competitor. Then, a CEO of a company when asked what OS does mobile run he tells Android. BB 10 devices without device monitor/manager, or without Android support. The list goes on and on.

I'm a person that's gonna call failure a failure. I'm not going to defend something because I wasted my money and then I feel obligated to defend it to some point because of guilty conscience for choosing it. (PlayBook case)
    Funfact: WebOS and PlayBook OS are nearly identical, someone would say clone.
    This article is really interesting read and makes good comparison on how it happened:
    The only problem with the PlayBook was that it didn't gain traction. It was a decent product.

The only recipe to break iPad dominance was for the big boys like Asus, Acer, and Samsung to flood the market with cheap (relative) Android tablets. This was something BlackBerry did not have the economies of scale, or marketing clout/resources to do.

Still not sure how this relates to the thread topic.
    12-16-16 02:11 PM
    The only problem with the PlayBook was that it didn't gain traction.

The only recipe to break iPad dominance was for the big boys like Asus, Acer, and Samsung to flood the market with cheap (relative) Android tablets. This was something BlackBerry did not have the economies of scale, or marketing clout/resources to do.
    Gain traction? How can anything gain traction releasing a device without email support, with what was Blackberry famous for, then without normal Bluetooth support and with other miriad of problems. iPad was released with features you would expect and it worked as advertised. No normal journalist would skip a chance to bash BlackBerry for what it did with PlayBook.
    12-16-16 02:14 PM
    Thanks for your reply!
    BlackBerry is setting those silver lining themselves with all those tweets about how much they care - and that isn't right.

Posted via CB10
    They've been rolling out updates to my old BB10 phones they weren't even required to do. Why don't you answer my question? What else should I expect from BlackBerry regarding my 8 different BB10 devices? What else am I entitled to according to you?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-16-16 02:22 PM
    Gain traction? How can anything gain traction releasing a device without email support, with what was Blackberry famous for, then without normal Bluetooth support and with other miriad of problems. iPad was released with features you would expect and it worked as advertised. No normal journalist would skip a chance to bash BlackBerry for what it did with PlayBook.
    The PlayBook was seen as a companion to a BlackBerry handset, attached by Bridge (enterprise-grade secure connection) - thus not needing a dedicated set of PIM apps. This didn't go over as well as suspected, so the PIM apps were developed. Hindsight is 20/20, but it WAS a conscious design choice.
    Last edited by conite; 12-16-16 at 02:55 PM.
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-16-16 02:24 PM
    How much BB10 development experience do you have? Before knocking someone on the forum make sure you know their background.
    I, in Android Central once, asked an editor how to be the Best on developing, he told me he was an Electric engineer, so I Will be like him, but better, I Will study system engineering to know software as the Palm of My hand and Electronic engineering to know how the hardware is and how to work it, so just wait

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:03 PM
    Still waiting for OP to acknowledge that his screed was neither censored nor held back. It was moderated, like every comment left on their blog.

This thread needs to end.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 04:17 PM
    Still waiting for OP to acknowledge that his screed was neither censored nor held back. It was moderated, like every comment left on their blog.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I pointed this out too, but he hasn't replied. I think the topic title needs to be edited to reflect the truth.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-16-16 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    You see the actual situation (BlackBerry 10 of course) from a realistic (helps a lot) perspective, the OP see it from an utopic perspective, He wants to see ghosts where they aren't, Lets Let everyone be happy the way They want to be, a lot of people are angry about BlackBerry putting BlackBerry 10 on second plane, but have They seen the other face of the coin?, have They seen that continuing on BlackBerry10 would had kill BlackBerry? Have someone ever here heard that when a Man falls in love with a woman They don't hear reasons?, I see a lot of people here in that exact situation, They want to believe in an utopic dream and They won't listen every factible reason of why can't that dream come ever remotely true (BlackBerry retaking BlackBerry 10 as a priority), with time we will realize the facts and Let the dead rest in peace

Edited

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JohnKCG; 12-16-16 at 05:11 PM.
    12-16-16 04:45 PM
    So, you want to prevent a consumer like me from being able to buy a wonderful OS that is still being supported (via security patches) and meets all my needs because you wish it was more like Android or iOS? I'm sorry you want a different reality, but please don't ask the rest of us to join it!

Posted via CB10
    All I said is that you can buy what you want.
    But BlackBerry should exactly seperate devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 05:02 PM
    You see the actual situation (BlackBerry 10 of course) from a realistic (helps a lot) perspective, the OP see it from an utopic perspective, He wants to see ghosts where they aren't, Lets Let everyone be happy the way They want to be, a lot of people are angry about BlackBerry putting BlackBerry 10 on second plane, but have They seen the other face of the coin?, have They seen that continuing on BlackBerry 10 would had kill BlackBerry 10?Have ever here ever heard that when a Man falls in love with a woman They don't hear reasons?, I see a lot of people here in that exact situation, They want to believe in am utopic dream and They won't listen every factible reason of why can't that dream come ever remotely true, with time we will realize the facts and Let the dead rest in peace

Posted via CB10
    1. Why can't you allow BlackBerry be happy the way they feel they will be?
    2. Why do people stop giving birth at a certain age/period and start going for contraceptives and family planning? Would it have killed them if they continued having babies?

I believe if you honestly give an answer to these questions, you would have solved your riddles I put in bold in your comment.
    12-16-16 05:02 PM
    OP you need to realize something - BB10 has morphed into a niche high security product. It failed as a mainstream consumer OS. The entire purpose of 10.3.3 was to achieve NIAP. BlackBerry has been very clear about this for well over a year now. Disappointing...perhaps. But that is the reality. As you have been told by BlackBerry umpteen times before: if you really need apps, you need to switch OS. That's it. Done. Over. The End. :-)
    12-16-16 05:05 PM
    1. Why can't you allow BlackBerry be happy the way they feel they will be?
    2. Why do people stop giving birth at a certain age and start going for contraceptives and family planning? Would it have killed them if they continued having babies?
    1) people here feels happy insulting BlackBerry for the whole BlackBerry 10 thing, Lets let them be happy that way, BlackBerry feels okay (economically talking) being Android, Lets let them be happy that way (I, personally, Am happy with that).

2)now that I check that part, I wrote it very bad, I should edit it

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 05:08 PM
161 ... 4567