Someone was sure right when they told me that BlackBerry's fanbase is the most toxic thing the company has...

Guys, BB10 as a consumer phone OS is dead. There is no way BB can get anything out of it. Its further development a waste of money no one could afford. Switch to BB Android phones if you like those phones, if you're a fan, want to support the company or whatever; or switch to another manufacturer if you wish to do that. What's the point in all of this?

I was pretty much in the same situation 6 years ago when Microsoft stopped developing Windows Mobile 6 and ditched it in favor of the dumbed down Windows Phone 7. At the time, I thought WM was vastly superior to Android and I still think that some things for better on it then on Android today. But it was in a bad position regarding the "OS battle" and there was no way it could compete with Android or iOS. Yes, I and a few hundred other people would buy them, but the average user needed different things like apps and simplicity.

Since there was no more HTC WM6 phones, I switched to an HTC Android phone. When HTC stopped making PKB slider Android phones, I switched to a different manufacturer. I never wrote five paragraph posts about it to Microsoft, HTC or anyone because it's useless and a waste of my and their time. Even if BB would like to "support you better", they can't. It obviously already almost led them to bankruptcy. You think your holding on to BB OS phones that they made a few hundred dollars profit off can really leverage the millions of man-hours and dollars that they would have to invest in it to make it better for you and a few thousand other BB10 fans?

Whether or not you, me or anyone else likes it, Android is the only way to go on a cell phone today. And it's been that way for at least five years. Not on CrackBerry, perhaps, but the rest of the world doesn't care about BB10; Nokia also failed (at least partially) because they were holding on to their Symbian and then Windows Phone which was also a failure in the average consumer's eyes.

What have you done lately to help BlackBerry that makes you feel like BB owes you something? I have two Privs in my house and I don't think they owe me in any way. They offered a product, I liked the product, I bought the product. I liked it a lot so I suggested my wife she might get one as well when she started looking at new phones and so we bought another one. BB doesn't care much about me, I don't care much about them. They owe me nothing except for what's written in the warranty in case those products develop some kind of a problem and the 1100 € I gave BB for those phones may be much for me, but it isn't much for BB and unless there are many other people like me, BB can't invest millions just to give me updates for five years. The world doesn't work that way.

What a lot of people here are doing by constantly bashing BlackBerry over BB10, miniscule problems etc. is just making it less likely that people will be buying any more BB products and, consequently, making it less likely that they would get new products, be it updates or new phones, that they allegedly so desire.
    Elephant_Canyon and stlabrat like this.
    12-15-16 05:35 AM
    AC/DC the band are the best exemple of commitment. They do the exact same music from 1976 and believes in it.

With the time they had all the recognizing they deserved and maybe more. To me that's commitment, they didn't play no disco music or other genres even if were popular as Android is today but they always had their faithful followers growing year after year.

To me that's the path BlackBerry should have followed because they HAD they had their trusted loyalists and believers that would eventually grow by refining their own OS just by integrating it with new ideas. But all the choices they made gradually push back their own followers.

Posted via CB10
    miki5 likes this.
    12-15-16 05:56 AM
    AC/DC the band are the best exemple of commitment. They do the exact same music from 1976 and believes in it.

With the time they had all the recognizing they deserved and maybe more. To me that's commitment, they didn't play no disco music or other genres even if were popular as Android is today but they always had their faithful followers growing year after year.

To me that's the path BlackBerry should have followed because they HAD they had their trusted loyalists and believers that would eventually grow by refining their own OS just by integrating it with new ideas. But all the choices they made gradually push back their own followers.

Posted via CB10
    You probably forgot that this is a company put together to make money by providing services to people. They are not looking out for fame as that is not going to pay their bills.

The band you used as example have absolutely nothing to lose whether they stay the same way or expand their horizon. Not too much effort is put into their trade now, they are just catching fun.

BlackBerry on the hand, puts a lot of effort to ensure that they give quality service to their subscribers base and not lose profit in the process.
    12-15-16 07:20 AM
    Guys, BB10 as a consumer phone OS is dead. There is no way BB can get anything out of it. Its further development a waste of money no one could afford.
    No one is arguing with that. What I'm saying is that BlackBerry themselves need to read this statement of yours and just shut up about BB10.

They are not being clever, or doing themselves any favors, by publishing these "no, no, no, really we really are committed to BB10. Why don't you guys get that??!" rants. What is the point of this blog post of theirs?

It's like calling your ex-girlfriend and expressing your unending commitment to the relationship when you've already married someone else and just had your first child. All it does it make you look like you can't move on, don't understand commitment, and are really unsure about your future.

Again, for me this isn't about BB10 and its future. BB10 is dead. This is about BlackBerry's future as an investment and their continuing failures in PR and marketing. I see this blog post as evidence that they are still tone deaf when it comes to PR.

Where I work we have old products that we still have to support, even 10+ years after we've stopped selling them. Everyone does. The difference is we don't talk about those products, we just quietly support them. We talk about the things we want people to buy today and tomorrow like any company with even a decent PR group and a decent CMO.
    Slash82, miki5, ppeters914 and 3 others like this.
    12-15-16 08:31 AM
    No one is arguing with that. What I'm saying is that BlackBerry themselves need to read this statement of yours and just shut up about BB10.

They are not being clever, or doing themselves any favors, by publishing these "no, no, no, really we really are committed to BB10. Why don't you guys get that??!" rants. What is the point of this blog post of theirs?

It's like calling your ex-girlfriend and expressing your unending commitment to the relationship when you've already married someone else and just had your first child. All it does it make you look like you can't move on, don't understand commitment, and are really unsure about your future.

Again, for me this isn't about BB10 and its future. BB10 is dead. This is about BlackBerry's future as an investment and their continuing failures in PR and marketing. I see this blog post as evidence that they are still tone deaf when it comes to PR.

Where I work we have old products that we still have to support, even 10+ years after we've stopped selling them. Everyone does. The difference is we don't talk about those products, we just quietly support them. We talk about the things we want people to buy today and tomorrow like any company with even a decent PR group and a decent CMO.
    Very well written and explained !!!!! Blackberry should give this a read !
    12-15-16 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    i see, your music taste change less frequently compare to the people switch phones and Google release different OS versions (run times)... not surprise, classical music has been around for ages... I do like Brahms piano concerto or Hummel's...both were passed away for long time...
    12-15-16 10:19 AM

Thank you for this!
    This is exactly what I meant - I will swollow that 'dead' pill if they would speak clear words.
    But how they handle OS10 users is too arrogant and just wrong!

But they clearly keep selling OS10 devices to consumers and clearly shouting that they offer full commitment and telling us we don't listen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Slash82; 12-15-16 at 10:35 AM.
    12-15-16 10:21 AM
    OP is playing the victim cheerleader again.
    You don't get my point here.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 10:21 AM
    If you're not happy with the device support, there's a solution. You're not going to like it, but just don't buy another BlackBerry.
    Word.
    I will use OS10 as long as I can than I go away from BlackBerry.
    Since the 8700 all I had was BlackBerry devices only.

The only reason for me personally was BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Slash82; 12-15-16 at 10:36 AM.
    12-15-16 10:25 AM
    -I think you are upset because your expectations were not met when they've clearly made it known to the public that those kind of expectations should not be expected.
    -Blocking that kind of comment is okay so as not to cause an unnecessary uproar about nothing.
    -Yes, it's a good way to deal with it.

Eversince BlackBerry announced that 10.3.3 is coming, they made it known that it's just security updates, no new features, no new nothing. So expecting more than that is entirely your own fault.

OS7 has stopped getting anything new for a long time now and no one is making noise about that while should OS10 be a different case.

BlackBerry moved on from OS7 to OS10 and now they are saying they are going Android. Just accept and move with flow. If you can't, stay where you are, then switch device platforms.

Yes, they said they are committed to BlackBerry 10. Their commitment level here is just security. They want OS10 users to continue to feel secured even though nothing new is coming to them. This same thing was promised to OS7 users, so what exactly is the problem?

I agree with BlackBerry, people have not been paying attention.
    I'm upset how BlackBerry handles that whole thing.
    Not because of what I want.

Same thing was back then when I said that BlackBerry is done with hardware, just a week before they announced it themselves.
    Lots in here called me crazy because of that and that I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 10:27 AM
    Someone was sure right when they told me that BlackBerry's fanbase is the most toxic thing the company has...
    What a lot of people here are doing by constantly bashing BlackBerry over BB10, miniscule problems etc. is just making it less likely that people will be buying any more BB products and, consequently, making it less likely that they would get new products, be it updates or new phones, that they allegedly so desire.
    It's hard to give up the last OS that really isn't a data-mining machine.
    So folks are still this world who care about it.

I have never really used Google products.
    And I'm not willing to.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 10:31 AM
    I still don't see that's the right way to handle customers.
    OP, I think perhaps what you have not fully appreciated is that even though your personal commitment to BlackBerry may have been steady, BlackBerry as a company has undergone huge changes, which they have repeatedly tried to communicated to their customers.

Not surprisingly, those who have had the most trouble dealing with those changes, are some of us trying to stay in what is now a very small BB10 consumer fan base.

It's not news that in order to survive as a business, BlackBerry has moved away from the consumer market to focus entirely on enterprise and regulated customers. BlackBerry's continued support for BB10 is aimed at those business customers, very few of which have the same issues that some of us do.
    12-15-16 10:36 AM
    OP, I think perhaps what you have not fully appreciated is that even though your personal commitment to BlackBerry may have been steady, BlackBerry as a company has undergone huge changes, which they have repeatedly tried to communicated to their customers.

Not surprisingly, those who have had the most trouble dealing with those changes, are some of us trying to stay in what is now a very small BB10 consumer fan base.

It's not news that in order to survive as a business, BlackBerry has moved away from the consumer market to focus entirely on enterprise and regulated customers. BlackBerry's continued support for BB10 is aimed at those business customers, very few of which have the same issues that some of us do.
    I think you have a good point.

But then they should offer those devices for enterprise customers only.
    Stop saying that the fully committed to developers.
    Being fully committed to OS10.
    And stop saying it's everyone elses fault.

Posted via CB10
    BB-JAM215 and StephanieMaks like this.
    12-15-16 10:38 AM
    It's hard to give up the last OS that really isn't a data-mining machine.
    So folks are still this world who care about it.

I have never really used Google products.
    And I'm not willing to.

Posted via CB10
    You're so concerned about data mining, but you are bothered by the fact that there is no Facebook integration in BB10 Hub. Interesting...
    12-15-16 10:42 AM
    You're so concerned about data mining, but you are bothered by the fact that there is no Facebook integration in BB10 Hub. Interesting...
    Just check the data they got when you only used that BlackBerry app.
    Almost zero.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 10:53 AM
    You don't get my point here.
    BlackBerry is in the process of reinventing themselves.
    Their new positioning statement is "Trust us, we're the secure d*bags".
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    12-15-16 10:55 AM
    BlackBerry is in the process of reinventing themselves.
    Their new positioning statement is "Trust us, we're the secure d*bags".
    Yeah, you might be right with that.
    But they should stop with those statements.

Roadmaps won't come up over night.
    Just like that outsourcing their hardware department or transition to Android.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 10:58 AM
    OP, you should read the October Dev blog from last year. It lays out precisely what BlackBerry's commitment to BB10 will be.

They have been bang on.

No use pining. It's you that is being unreasonable.
    12-15-16 11:01 AM
    OP, you should read the October Dev blog from last year. It lays out precisely what BlackBerry's commitment to BB10 will be.

They have been bang on.

No use pining. It's you that is being unreasonable.
    What if I read farer than 2015?
    Here some blogs to OS10 from BlackBerry's blog in 2016:

How your BlackBerry 10 phone helps you vacation better
    BlackBerry10 devices help man with cerebral palsy write adventure novel
    More time for fathers day with Amazon shopping on BlackBerry10
    This week in BlackBerry world 6 awesome social media apps
    my favorite:
    Great apps on BlackBerry a strong commitment to the BlackBerry developer community

Please tell if those posts are clearly directed to Governments, banks, Enterprise customers only?

So, they seem to have a clear position in 2016 in pointing out that they only want to got Enterprise?

Why wouldn't they stop selling OS10 devices to consumers - especially telling ALL people how committed they are?
    (As far as I remember, they did sell OS4 and older to Enterprise costumers only(!) at least in Europe)
    (read the link I posted first)

What am I missing here?

And please stop telling me that I'm here the pain in the a$$.
    Wasn't it you who said that I'm kinda 'crazy' as I stated that BlackBerry will go out of in-house design - just a week before they announced it?
    12-15-16 11:24 AM
    What if I read farer than 2015?
    Here some blogs to OS10 from BlackBerry's blog in 2016:

How your BlackBerry 10 phone helps you vacation better
    BlackBerry10 devices help man with cerebral palsy write adventure novel
    More time for fathers day with Amazon shopping on BlackBerry10
    This week in BlackBerry world 6 awesome social media apps
    my favorite:
    Great apps on BlackBerry a strong commitment to the BlackBerry developer community

Please tell if those posts are clearly directed to Governments, banks, Enterprise customers only?

So, they seem to have a clear position in 2016 in pointing out that they only want to got Enterprise?

Why wouldn't they stop selling OS10 devices to consumers - especially telling ALL people how committed they are?
    (As far as I remember, they did sell OS4 and older to Enterprise costumers only(!) at least in Europe)
    (read the link I posted first)

What am I missing here?

And please stop telling me that I'm here the pain in the a$$.
    Wasn't it you who said that I'm kinda 'crazy' as I stated that BlackBerry will go out of in-house design - just a week before they announced it?
    I don't see any issue or contradiction with the blogs you posted. They are all true.

Once again, BlackBerry committed to BB10 and specifically laid out what that meant - security and privacy updates. They have delivered.
    12-15-16 11:36 AM
    I totally agree with BlackBerry. They are STILL selling BB10 phones. It is being sold primarily to businesses who need a secure smartphone and perhaps some consumers who wants the same.

So do you expect them to say, "Hey don't buy BB10 phones"? There is still a market for people who want them and BlackBerry is supporting them.

Here's an example of Microsoft doing the same:

https://www.barcodesinc.com/cats/por...ata-terminals/

One of their top seller is using Windows CE (Datalogic Falcon X3+).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_CE_6.0

Windows CE 6.0 has been last updated in Sept 22, 2009. That is over 7 years ago! Microsoft still supports it and I believe this is probably the amount of support BlackBerry will give to BB10.

If you are looking for a secure smartphone with minimal app support, BB10 is still an option. If you are looking for more app support, go for their Android offer. Otherwise, pick another brand.

Just because YOU aren't the target audience, doesn't mean that no one is buying the Datalogic Falcon X3+.
    Mirko935 and TheAuthority like this.
    12-15-16 11:39 AM
    I have 6 BB10 devices, 3 new PP SEs, one currently using, a Z10, and one Z30. I love them all because of the Os! BlackBerry has forgotten us the BB10 users..

Posted via CB10
    Slash82 likes this.
    12-15-16 11:47 AM

[...]

What am I missing here?
    Actually on the most recent BlackBerry blog you linked:
    Clearing the Air: Five Things Everyone Should Know About the New BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry

For the section regarding BlackBerry 10 "We Still Support BlackBerry 10" ... the first sentence is:
    "We understand how important BlackBerry 10 is for our enterprise clients. "

I believe this pretty much answers what their target audience is for BlackBerry 10.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    12-15-16 11:51 AM
    Actually on the most recent BlackBerry blog you linked:
    Clearing the Air: Five Things Everyone Should Know About the New BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry

For the section regarding BlackBerry 10 "We Still Support BlackBerry 10" ... the first sentence is:
    "We understand how important BlackBerry 10 is for our enterprise clients. "

I believe this pretty much answers what their target audience is for BlackBerry 10.
    Please read the whole thing:

"...And we haven’t forgotten that people use BlackBerry 10 outside the workplace, either...."

Just a few lines from that.
    12-15-16 11:55 AM
    I don't see any issue or contradiction with the blogs you posted. They are all true.

Once again, BlackBerry committed to BB10 and specifically laid out what that meant - security and privacy updates. They have delivered.

Just like they are committed to their developers for OS10?
    Read my "favourite" link - how is that committed without any SDKs or anything like that?
    OS10.3.3 was in works way before Oct. 2015.
    12-15-16 11:58 AM
161 1234 ...