Ok, after a years absence from blackberry, I will be returning. My last BB was the curve II on Tmo. I switched to the Android My Touch 3G, got tired of no 3G in my area so went with Verizon. I got the Droid on Verizon and used it for the past few months. Now I am going back to BlackBerry for work purposes. I love my Droid, but the email deciding when it wants to work bothers me greatly. So, I am faced with the ultimate decision. Storm 2 or Tour? I used all sorts of BlackBerries in the past, 7200 series to the curve 2. Th OS is no mystery to me, so the form factor will be the deciding factor. I know it will not be as fast and polished as my droid. So, let me have educated opinions please.
    02-19-10 04:26 PM
    Try them both. They're very different - touch to full keyboard - so find what works best for you. Imo I've heard that waiting for the Tour 2 is a good idea, but at the same time I love the 9550 touch screen but see how many could hate it.
    02-19-10 04:59 PM
    I love the giant screen so I'm a big Storm fan (had the S1 as well), but go try them both, get your favorite. They are both great devices.
    02-19-10 06:38 PM
    As you stated, its going to come down to form factor. Both devices are solid. Its basically touch screen vs physical keyboard and that really depends on personal preference. Personally, if I was going to get a physical keyboard device, I would get the 9700 or wait on the Tour 2. However, after owning the S2, it would be extremely difficult for me to go back to a device with a physical keyboard. The S2 has completely changed my mind about touch screen phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 07:31 PM
    I would say get the S2 OR if you decide to go for the Tour, wait a few weeks for the release of the Tour 2 with wifi & trackpad.
    02-19-10 07:38 PM
    in your position, i say try storm 2 or tour 2 in the stores first. see which one you really like firsthand before pulling the trigger.
    02-19-10 08:39 PM
    Storm 2 if you use wifi and Tour if you need a keypad...

02-19-10 09:51 PM
    Had the tour for 30 days and then returned it to get the storm, miss the full physical keyboard but I fell in love with the giant screen and SureType keyboard on the storm.

Storm if have the patience to really get used to the storms touchscreen, in the end it'll be better for typing, browsing, and videos then the tour. Plus I love touchscreen themes so much over non touchscreen ones, there's a lot more you can do when your not limited to the movements of a trackball or pad, which also goes for browsing and general use of the phone.

Get the tour/tour2 if you just can't stand touchscreen, the displays beautiful just half the size. After not having wifi on the tour then having it on the storm I have to say I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but then again there's plenty of people that wouldn't get a phone withoutt it.

But like others said, both are really awesome phones, you'll probably fall in love with both of them and end up spending sleepless nights trying to decide if you should exchange your phone or not.

02-19-10 11:09 PM
    Tour = No official VZW OS 5, No OpenGL, Tiny screen, already discontinued (evidently) by Verizon - as in no more ordering stock due to the Tour 2 coming out, No Wifi, etc.

Storm 2 = OpenGL, Huge high res display, WiFi, awesome touch screen, won't be "abandoned" like the Tour is/was.
    02-20-10 12:07 AM
    Tour = No official VZW OS 5, No OpenGL, Tiny screen, already discontinued (evidently) by Verizon - as in no more ordering stock due to the Tour 2 coming out, No Wifi, etc.

Storm 2 = OpenGL, Huge high res display, WiFi, awesome touch screen, won't be "abandoned" like the Tour is/was.
    Now that is the information I was looking for. Decision made, doing it today. Thanks everyone.
    02-20-10 07:45 AM
    If you can wait hold off to test the Tour2 as well. The Tour2 will have wifi also. I'm biased and say Storm2

02-20-10 09:55 AM
    I'd say Storm2 purely for the screen real estate

02-20-10 10:02 AM
    I got the Storm 2. Liking it so far. Wish I could figure how to change my pin under my name here though.
    Last edited by tsquare2112; 02-20-10 at 04:49 PM.
    02-20-10 04:45 PM
    User cp

02-20-10 09:42 PM
    wait for the tour 2. then make the decision.
    02-21-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD