I use the calculator on my BB and have a problem. If I take a number and want to find out what a percentage is, say 5% of 500000 I get the answer. But then I want to find out what the tax to the new number would be, i.e. 5% of 500000 is 25500. But then press the + key I get 1.25 e10. What is that? I want to add 5% to the 25500 but can't seem to do it.
    Skip the first step altogether and (assuming the tax is 5%) multiply the original $500,000 by 1.05.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 06:16 AM
    iPhone, bold 9000, iPhone3, curve 8900, iPad, bold 9700, lPhone4, iPad2, bold 9780, playbook, ......

what's next?

I will sell my iPad2 and iPhone4, buy the new bold 9900 and stick to RIM! No more changes - promised!
    08-29-11 04:20 PM
    My wife finally made the switch from a feature phone to a smartphone about six months ago. She hated my BB's, so those were out. However, dhe'd had the opportunity to tinker with an android phone, and decided that she really wanted one. So to that's what she got.

Now, half-a-year later, she's made the jump to BB. All on her own, of course. The horrible battery life, missing keyboard, and general unreliability of her android convinced her that angry birds and abduction were worth a whole lot less than utility and productivity.

Well, word mole may have helped a little
    08-29-11 09:48 PM
    I finally got my first BlackBerry from the Samsung Galaxy, I went with the Bold 9780 in black

So far so good!!!
    Last edited by Aaron_Delarge; 08-30-11 at 05:13 PM.
    08-30-11 05:10 PM
    I'm finally back! 9900 is in my hand and iPhone 4 is banished. It feels good to be home. Great device.
    08-30-11 05:39 PM
    Had a go with my friends Samsung Galaxy S2 the other day, and while it had a big screen and super thin and all that jazz, i just didn't like it! I much much much prefer my half dead Curve 8520! I upgrade in october and after looking at android and apple, I just don't want to leave RIM! Just not a big fan of android and I do like the iphone 4 but three things stop me from going for it, 1. I'm not a big fan of virtual keyboards, they're ok, but you can't beat the real thing! 2. Overpriced muchly?!?! and 3. I have an ipod touch 64gb for all my touchscreen, movie, music and gaming needs!

Blackberry OS7 phone for me! Anyone got any suggestions for what I should get? Mostly torn between the 9900 and 9810!
    08-31-11 01:46 PM
    Tried an Lg optimus today. It was actually quite cool. Solid, fast, right sized. That said, put it in the drawer, fired up the 9330. If I want full touch, I'll take a new torch. For now, I've got people depending on me and can't trust my comm. With anything but the gold standard.
    09-01-11 05:08 PM
    I'm back to blackberry myself. I'm rocking my bold 9000 for the moment. Just going to wait for the new torch 9850 for att. Glad to be back!!!!!
    09-01-11 06:25 PM
    I went from an 8130 to a Palm Pre, then to Android, then to iPhone, and now finally back to a 9850.

I had always loved the functionality of my BB, but didn't like any of the new devices, until I saw the 9850. I switched back from horrible AT&T service back to Sprint. Anybody want to buy a 4 month old iPhone4?
    09-05-11 02:44 PM
    The first smartphone I owned was the T-mobile G1 Android. THen changed to the G2, and flipped to Sprint and the EVO4G. All of them nice, but very fussy.

I was overseas and wanted a smartphone and a BB Curve 3G was the cheapest one I could get and bought it and a pay as you go SIM on a lark and fell in love over 2 months. Came back and got the new Bold 9930 on Verizon.

I really like the tightly integrated functions - really keeps in contact much easier.

Yup, I seem to be swimming against the flow, but as a technologist - it is a pleasure to use something so tightly integrated.

Now if I could only figure a way to get my ALAC files transcoded on the fly into something the BB could play back .....
    09-09-11 01:16 PM
    Hey guys I'm new here on the forums, have my first BlackBerry which is the 9780 on tmobile. But I'm glad I made the switch from android, nice platform but my needs where messaging and nobody does it better then the berry! Glad to be a part of you guys and gals family!! And would love to have some of u as bbm friends to show me the ropes
    09-09-11 07:52 PM
    Welcome. The world of berry is a wonderful thing.
    09-10-11 08:17 AM
    I have a piece of sh*t droid x, i have to restart 2� a day and the camera doesnt work and it laggs like an ancient nokia... i am dyingggggg to get my hands on the bold 9930, need asap emails and def miss bbm! Planning on getting it this week ^_^
    09-13-11 01:26 PM
    Well I decided to come back to blackberry yesterday I had been using a samsung galaxy s 4g and it was a good phone I'm not knocking it or android at all. I just really missed the battery life of a bb and a keyboard plus I don't do any of the facebook,twitter etc and games really so I picked up a bold 9780 and loving it !!! Now just gotta see what's new in the world of BB

09-16-11 09:36 AM
    I also just came back to Blackberry from iPhone. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of nice things about an iphone that I wish rim would copy or better yet build upon, however I love blackberry so much and feel like I was being unfaithful to my berry so the "nice things" were not worth it.

I missed my keyboard and bettery life so much. The iPhone only got me to about 5pm from a full charge whereas my 9780 will get me through 2 days of heavy use. Its simply unmatched.

Not to mention being back on bbm with all my friends. Even though I could txt them all from my iphone I still felt like i was outside of the conversation.

Happy to be back!

09-19-11 09:22 AM
    I have a piece of sh*t droid x, i have to restart 2� a day and the camera doesnt work and it laggs like an ancient nokia... i am dyingggggg to get my hands on the bold 9930, need asap emails and def miss bbm! Planning on getting it this week ^_^
    After a Droid, I'm sure you will enjoy your Blackberry 9930!
    09-19-11 12:32 PM
    I had posted this in the PlayBook forum but it was closed and I was directed here so here is my little story...

So as some of you may know I became a little disillusioned with Rim post PlayBook launch. For others, I was a major promoter of the PlayBook pre-launch and it went downhill from there.

I had a launch day Torch and purchased a launch day PlayBook. The 2 combined left me wondering 'where is everything I saw on the promo vids?' I ended up returning my PlayBook and getting an iPad 2. That led to me giving away my Torch and getting an iPhone 4. All was good at first, but after awhile the app love wore off. Fast forward 2 months and I'm back with BB, big time.

This week I took advantage of the Telus offer and got my wife and myself 32gb PlayBooks. I also replaced my iPhone 4 with a Bold 9900. The PB coupled with the 9900 is absolutely amazing. I'm very happy to be back with BlackBerry exclusively and just wanted to share.
    09-22-11 11:30 AM
    Hello all. I just switched back to the BB world as well. I am coming from the iphone 4 am I'm loving it. Over the past year or so I have had the iphone 4 twice, Thunderbolt, droid x, htc Evo and droid incredible. I have never been happier. The Bold 9930 is excellent. The form factor, excellent keyboard and touch screen combine to make a truely wonderful experience. I am also happy for the added horse power under the hood. So hello again all glad to be back.

09-23-11 04:19 PM
    i had the blackberry 8830 world went to att got iphone 3g then 3gs then went back to sprint for work got the EVO 4G loved it...then like 6-8 weeks ago got the new Photon 4G from sprint...and then realized after all the bull **** is set aside...meaning when my phone was set up cool as **** looking great everything was just badass...i realized something one day while off from work i was playing some COD i didnt pick my phone up for 7 straight hours it sat next to me and i didnt touch it...i had gotten up that morning unplugged it and sat down in my gaming chair till the family got home ate diner sat down to play some more before bed and looked at my phone and it said 2% battery left...WTF i didn't do a damn thing...................soooooooooo in conclusion if you want eye candy and your 21 years old then sure there is a better phone for you than the BB but from personal experience if you wanna get **** done...its the BB

now i have a question i miss uploading pics right to photobucket...is there a way????
    09-23-11 07:21 PM
    From what i have seen, everyone falls in love with their new droid or iphone, untill the novelty wears off, i just witnessed a android user almost irate with his phone because it froze up again! i guess it had been doing that to him all day.

In reality , is the ability to play angry birds, really a selling point
    True, true...true blue to my torch, and everytime I think of changing, I see something in a non-bb smartphone that makes me run to RIM
    09-23-11 09:17 PM
    I don't even remember what number the BB Curve was that I had for my first phone (it was around 2008?). I then moved onto the Droid and then I upgraded this past July to the Droid 3. I won't knock either of these phones because they are really nice. However, I was missing the one thing that pretty much everyone else has stated... the keyboard. Went out and bought the 9930 this week, and damn... this thing is smokin'. It does lack apps, but the browsing and interface is just as fast as my D3. Surprisingly, the camera and camcorder are better than the D3. Voice, email, and texting are all superior. I actually like the twitter app for BB better than I do the android version!

I am definitely glad that I came back, and I don't think I will be going anywhere.
    09-24-11 11:02 PM
    In January, I left Blackberry for the Iphone 4 and I've not looked back until I first caught a glimpse of the Bold 9900, yesterday the staff work handset scheme got rebooted and there was the Bold 9900, needless to say I jumped back on the bandwagon, just need to wait for it to be delivered.

In terms of Aesthetics, there isn't a nicer looking handset on the market for me and Im a massive Iphone 4 fan, the Bold is a work of art, hats off to rim.

Unfortunately I don't get it for another 3 weeks but hey **. I'm back in the Blackberry fold.
    bloocracker likes this.
    09-27-11 09:00 AM
    I love my torch. I still have an iphone 4 but there's nothing like those little keys so here I am again.... Feel free to say hello.
    09-27-11 09:11 PM
    Had the original torch but due to it not working, i returned it within 24 hours for the Iphone 4.

Had a play with the 9810 today, despite it feeling identicle, performance wise it did feel the next level up.

Very impressed.
    09-28-11 12:54 PM
    I have arrived with the purchase of my VZW Torch 9850... Since HP decided to CAN WebOS or perhaps they have changed there minds... Who Knows? I am really enjoying learning the BB way and absolutely loving the full touch screen of the Torch 9850. I have arrived home!
    09-28-11 06:19 PM
568 ... 23456 ...