02-11-14 09:48 PM
568 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Since moving to the smartphone - started with a Pearl 8100, i've had/used a Curve 8900, iPhone 3G, Bold 9700, SGS II, SGNote, Torch 9800, iPhone 4 back to the Torch 9800. Occasionally i will go back to the Bold 9700 - i still love the form factor, battery life and that kb. Incidentally ever got rid of the BIS (with the iPhone and Android). Always coming back to the BB.
    I'm thinking about toying with a Windows 8 ... Looking forward to the release of the Z10 (& Q10) here in Australia.
    02-17-13 08:11 PM
    I left the blackberry world a while ago and used the following iPhone 4, and Samsung Galaxy 3 (current phone). I finally got hold of a Blackberry z10 via eBay and waiting for it to ship to here in Florida. Can't wait since it looks real interesting.
    02-19-13 11:33 AM
    hope apple fanboys being strung along like the sheep they are.

apple 3 3s 4 4s 5 5s etc.......nickel and diming people with their swift releases.
    Nothing more than a way to squeeze as much money from their cult as they can.
    I've said this before.....you can only improve phones at this point to where it just becomes a joke.
    Do you need a 14 core processor? thousands of dollars later, they will try to sell you one to "keep up"
    with the hipsters and cultist ipaidtoomuch phone. a phone is a phone is a phone.....Next week it'll be iphone 6
    etc.....Suckers
    02-21-13 11:39 PM
    hope apple fanboys being strung along like the sheep they are.

apple 3 3s 4 4s 5 5s etc.......nickel and diming people with their swift releases.
    Nothing more than a way to squeeze as much money from their cult as they can.
    I've said this before.....you can only improve phones at this point to where it just becomes a joke.
    Do you need a 14 core processor? thousands of dollars later, they will try to sell you one to "keep up"
    with the hipsters and cultist ipaidtoomuch phone. a phone is a phone is a phone.....Next week it'll be iphone 6
    etc.....Suckers
    You just described every company on the face of this earth. Congrats!

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    ItsMrMark likes this.
    02-21-13 11:46 PM
    Hi guys, Left for Samsung G3 in December last year but after a two weeks I returned to my trusty bb torch. Like most of you Ive been waiting for something new and exciting from BB and finally its arrived..... sort of. Being an Australian means we dont get to see the Z10 until late March maybe even early April.
    Waiting that long is a pain, considering some countries have had it nearly a month already. What really disappoints me is the new Samsung G4 and Iphone 6 or 5s are due out around the same time maybe slightly earlier. (If the rumours are to be believed)
    So if the Z10 and Q10 are meant to be on par with the current batch of smart phones then these newer models will logically be further evolved, thus making it a difficult chose for myself and Im sure many others.
    I really want to support BB but I cant justify spending my hard earned cash on something that is 6 to 12 months behind everybody else. If the Z10 was released on the day of launch I would have bought one, no questions asked. But now I would feel foolish not waiting and reading the reviews of the new gen of smart phone from the competition. And again (if the rumours are to be believed) theyre looking very impressive. Decisions, Decisions.
    tangyboy likes this.
    02-22-13 06:25 AM
    You just described every company on the face of this earth. Congrats!

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    Well yea in a sense how else would companies utilize tech to survive.

Apple just went all out greedy on their loyalists. there's even a story about it on yahoo today.
    Releasing ipads 7 months after the prior is GREED. Peace yea I don't like apple.
    02-22-13 12:29 PM
    Yes i will agree with your point of view, blackberry sets are always reliable to use and that is the best feature i like about these sets.
    02-25-13 11:22 AM
    I just came back to torch 9810 after using iphone 4s for 1 month!
    i missed the keyboard, LED notification lights and of course The BBM! So I have to come back to the blackberry family
    02-28-13 05:59 AM
    I picked up a Bold 9900 after using a Samsung Galaxy S 2 that I've had since it came out in Canada on Bell, basically got it launch day i think. It worked well for everything but message, it didn't have an LED and typing on it got increasingly annoying. I was going to wait for the Q10 to come out, but issues with the S2 not sending or receiving texts pushed me to get a new phone. Also found out the Q10 uses an SAMOLED pentile screen and pentile is something I will not use again. I will wait for the Q11 and hope its not pentile. In the meantime I've loving the Bold, amazing keyboard, feels so much better in the hand then the plastic S2. The screen is smaller, but it is sharper. Overall I'm very glad i switched, mainly use my phone for messaging, and nothing beats a BB keyboard for that.
    dietertong likes this.
    03-01-13 11:15 AM
    Had a Blackberry 3years ago. Went to the Iphone 3GS which was a great phone at the time but had the following happen
    1. Initially had massive power drain - similar to what I experienced in the first week of the Z10. Had to do with the push email then and now.
    2. At 13 months, 1 month after warranty was over, camera stopped working. Apple's answer upgrade to the 4, but I was locked in to a 3 yr plan
    3. At 18 months, volume buttons stopped working. Went to Apple asked them to fix the phone, willing to pay but their answer was we don't repair phones but we can sell you a refurbished one. Got into a philosophical debate with a ** Customer Service Manager which was at best insulting. Her response" your phone is old you should be getting a new one anyways." BTW - two OS upgrades later the volume buttons started working again. Hmmm.
    4. At 2 years the battery was dead. Had to go the gray market to buy a $5 battery to replace it. Couldn't believe that the battery wasn't more easily replaceable.
    5. At 2 years & 1 month - antennae was failing. Spotty cell and wifi connection.
    6. Iphone 5 came out but I was too disgusted with Apple at this point and I limped along WAITING and WAITING for the Z10.

So I am back to Blackberry and couldn't be happier! OS is fantastic. I only miss a couple of Apps. The fact I can change the battery should its capacity ever drop is extremely comforting.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-01-13 11:49 AM
    I spent yesterday researching a new phone to replace my android that had water dumped on it. It wound up being a toss between the iPhone 5 and the Z10. In the end, I just ennie-meenie-miney-mo'd and my finger ended up on the blackberry. I've had multiple apple products, and my beloved android (Motorola Atrix 4G), but this is my first blackberry.
    dietertong likes this.
    03-03-13 09:34 AM
    I am sort of back. I have come to the realization that I can use more than one device. iPhone 4S for the weekends and probably vacations. BlackBerry 9650 for the work week. I wish that I could take certain aspects of both phones and make my own phone, but that is not possible.
    03-04-13 12:14 PM
    I understand. I use my ANDROID on weekends for fun. Monday - Friday I am a BlackBerry mandatory productivity dude.

UPDATE: Soon after I made this post, my Android lost the DATA Connection. No web, email or anything worked with DATA. Phone calls and texts OK. I called the provider. They said that it is a known flaw on my Droid that it loses data connectivity from time to time - sometimes it's terminal. They worked with me for 2 plus hours and could not get the DATA connection to refresh. They said they would have to send me a "Refurb" phone because mine (which is 4 months old) is trashed. This is my 2nd trashed Droid in 18 months.

I don't recall any of my BlackBerries being this touchy. Either they work or they don't. Luckily, my DROID is just for weekends. I'd hate to think what would happen if I actually relied on these for business communication. Sheesh.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 03-07-13 at 05:50 AM.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-04-13 09:29 PM
    Well, here I am. I couldn't do it. I used my 9650 for a few days, and then ended up back on the iPhone 4S again. Was happy for a bit, tweaked and molested it with the jailbreak. Fast forward to a few days ago, that came crashing to a halt. Downloaded a theme, and the phone went into a non stop reboot mode. Activated my 9650 and decided to deal with it in the morning. After reloading and restoring multiple times, I finally got the phone back. Jailbroke it again, and all was good. Yesterday I made and received more calls than normal. I received a few calls while I was on the phone, went to use call waiting, and it failed. Not once, not twice, but three times. I pressed the correct button each time. One time the call would not switch over. OK, that happens. Second time, lost both calls. OK, not good. Third time, call would not switch over again. Can't believe it. Missed three calls, one of high importance. I looked around online, thought it might be the provider. Turns out that this appears to be a known issue with at least the 4, possibly the 4S, and not only on Verizon, but Sprint as well.

That simply will not work for me. This is a phone, and needs to act as one. It's not a computer, not a tablet, but a phone first and foremost. If I get an important call, I need my device to be able to handle it. That is what it is, a phone. I don't care how great the camera is, or how many apps I can download, or how nice the screen is. If it cannot handle basic duties, like call waiting, there is no way that I will use it.

The only reason that I can use the iPhone is because of the jailbreak. I tried to use it in stock form, and I just can't. I don't download cracked apps and illegally acquired hacks. I download small tweaks that make the iPhone usable for me. Stuff like a tweak that will show you the wifi network that you are connected to, or allows you to place more than 4 icons in the dock. My 9650 does that out of the box with the wifi network connection. Just small things that make the experience a bit better. If that is the cause of the call waiting issue, then I will not use the iPhone, and will ride it out on this 9650. I will be testing the theory out today later at work when I have time. Will place multiple calls to myself and see how the 9650 handles the calls/waiting. I have a feeling that it will be stellar.

I have found myself using my device more and more for communication, and less and less for browsing, social media, games, etc. The iPhone is a bit underwhelming as a communication device, as I feel like it falls short still.

So, here I am. Back, again, for now.
    03-21-13 11:41 AM
    I've been an iphone user for the past year or so. I currently have an android. I'm seriously considering coming back to my beloved Blackberry.
    03-23-13 05:03 PM
    I've been an iphone user for the past year or so. I currently have an android. I'm seriously considering coming back to my beloved Blackberry.
    Must not be THAT beloved
    03-24-13 01:01 AM
    I have recently turned to a Goggle Nexus 4 Android phone, While I would be happy to admit the push emails on my BB Torch 9860 were a little more solid, nowadays phones are simply being used for more because they can.

The simple fact is Apps make the phones what they are and BB are simply very poor in the app department and this has been whats made them struggle. When I come around to another upgrade if BB have caught up with Apple and Google in the app department I would be happy to return to BB but for now I see my self staying with Android.

Like I say push notifications is where I feel BB still have the edge but is it enough with so many app developers supporting the other two guys?, for example while the Google mail on my phone is great my other non google email client struggled to open files, but it was ok because I went to Google Play and had a search through a long list of alternative free email clients and now use one that opens files fine!, so google did not even have to solve the problem as there are apps out there that can do it..

Bottom line, BB does the basics very well, but IMO its reach for more success will be based on how well it does in the App market and for some reason there seems to be a stand off by so many which I cant understand why seeing as BB still has a loyal fan base. Conspiracy?
    03-24-13 06:02 AM
    Why would you say that? The company lacked innovation and I decided to explore other options. That doesn't make them any less beloved.
    03-24-13 06:21 PM
    Does it count if we swap back and forth between Android and Blackberry? My Bold is slowly becoming my daily driver...
    03-27-13 10:18 AM
    I am home again and there's no place like home
    NickTheFnIcon and Heavy Fluid like this.
    03-28-13 04:19 PM
    I'm using the z10 right now but I don't feel comfortable with making it my daily right now so I have the Note II active too..

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:39 AM
    Back from Android. I got an LG optimus G to see what I was missing...man, that is a sweet phone. I went to upgrade my Bold 9900 today and, honestly, had all but sworn off BlackBerry. I checked out various models before I saw a Z10 demo. I tried it but it was broken so I asked the salesman about it. Just then, another sales rep walked in from lunch and, wouldn't you know it, had a Z10 as her new phone. She let me mess about with it for a bit; both reps talking about how awesome the Z10 is. I love the way it feels in my hand and how simple the OS is to navigate. I went back to the mobile store after work and took one home. Well, now that I've gotten to know it, I think this phone is a keeper. Sure, the apps and games are nowhere near where Android is and it's not quite as silky smooth as the Optimus G, but it's my phone and I really, really like it.
    04-02-13 08:13 PM
    I picked up a Z10 today and wow!!! I still have my 9900 to keep as a classic. I am glad I made the switch and no regrets whatsoever. I was going to get the iPhone or a NoteII but this thing is smooth. Typing is a beautiful experience and I respect BBRY's work with this baby.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple and dietertong like this.
    04-02-13 10:26 PM
    Don't belong to either group. I never left BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    04-02-13 10:35 PM
    I went iPhone to Droid X and now to Blackberry (White Z10).

Phone is sick. Absolutely love it. As do most people i show it too. Also the community here is rocking.
    Not my first time hanging in a community like this, so expect to see more of me. With the Crackberry App and the old fashion way.
    04-04-13 11:01 PM
568 ... 1819202122 ...