02-11-14 09:48 PM
568 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Ya this is honestly my 1st time to owning a Blackberry, and ever since they existed I wanted to try them out, but i would get side tracked by other next up and coming ideas such as Android.

Now i am open to the idea of owning a Blackberry regardless of what anyone says. I have also been hearing that they may be out of commission soon? And honestly I want them to live on because I know they can compete with the big boys. lol
    07-18-12 01:15 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 9350 from us cellur and im extremely happy with it. I read some of the reviews before purchasing and was a lil hesitant but i found that none of the negative reviews were true, at least in my experience in over a month. The only issue im having if its an issue or maybe operater error is i have several sms messages that i have deleted in the last month that when i have to reboot the device after software install these certain messages re-appear after the reboot. Funny thing is there is nothing in the body of the message. Just the number and the date and time message was sent and or recieved. Why are these deleted messages reappearing ? I am a returning blackberry user after 3 prior devices and very happy to be back after a horrible samsung android experience.
    chipalmtree37 likes this.
    07-18-12 04:56 PM
    I have had an Android phone for about 2 years. I came from a Blackberry Tour, and went to a HTC Desire, then a Motorola Milestone X. Its been about two years and it is time for a new phone. I can go with another Droid, but it always seems like the phone is outdated as soon as I get it, the newest OS is always out of reach. The iPhone 4s, but I don't have any other Apple devices. My carrier doesn't have any Windows phones, and aren't sure when they will. Then there is my loyal, comfortable Blackberry. When I go to the store I am always drawn to the Bold 9930. This is a great feeling device. I must say I am worried about going with Blackberry again. As I feel that the company is on the right track, I hope it didn't make the change for the better too late. Should I go with the Bold 9930 or wait for a BB10 device? Are my fears unfounded?
    07-19-12 11:21 AM
    As I say to most if you're going to go BB, buy one used right now. Try and stick to a Bold or Torch (love my 9860) line device (If you must have a touchscreen). The BB10 phones will be launching in January hopefully so I do recommend saving any upgrades you have for that and no signing contracts till they are out.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    07-19-12 06:12 PM
    From what i have seen, everyone falls in love with their new droid or iphone, untill the novelty wears off, i just witnessed a android user almost irate with his phone because it froze up again! i guess it had been doing that to him all day.

In reality , is the ability to play angry birds, really a selling point

I feel you, I had a  storm 1 and I know everyone hates them but I loved the screen as a button so you can select item first then click. Unfortunatly I broke mine and switched to a droid 2 went through 3 of them and hated them all. I then switched to iphone 4 and it was fun with apps but you really cannot do that much with it. No real customizing options. So then I went to iphone 4s and it was fast but wasted to much money and time on apps. So I switched back to  and cannot be happier my wife is also coming over. I cannot wait for  10
    07-20-12 09:19 AM
    Omg I am so happy to be back home.. I left for a while to try out the windows phone.. Got the lumia 710 with t-mobile, it was okay but I didnt really like the lack of notifications and I really missed my LED light and my physical keyboard.. My Curve 3G 9300 was the best workhorse and now I've upgraded to the latest and greatest BB Bold 9900.. As soon as I grab the 9900 it felt like home and I immediately tossed my lumia to the side.. I miss Blackberry it just something about these devices that pulls me in 5 years and counting :-p!
    07-20-12 12:55 PM
    i have had a blackberry then went android now back to blackberry again theres something bout the berry i miss
    flash24 likes this.
    07-20-12 05:05 PM
    Just ordered my new bold 9900 after three years in an iPhone induced haze, good to be home.
    07-22-12 05:34 AM
    Though the battery life of the 9900 might suck for some, I invested in that massive battery by Seido Are you a BlackBerry Power User? Try the Seidio Innocell 3000mAH Super Extended Life Battery for the Bold 9900/30 | CrackBerry.com and I can now go 14 hours a day without being married to a wall outlet
    07-22-12 10:32 AM
    I have had plenty of BBs as well as other smarthphones, I always seem to come back to the blackberry, there is just something about it and I defend my decision to all my friends and family because they say that its garbage. My blackberry does everything and more that I need it to do and plus I have been in love with blackberry since my first bb which was the pearl, the love with always be there
    flash24 likes this.
    07-22-12 08:15 PM
    Good for you Suga! Swim against the current. I am not quite sure why people love to dump on Blackberries, other than they don't really need to defend their positions, as the entire media seems to be against them. It is easy to kick your adversary when he's on the ground.
    07-23-12 09:22 AM
    From what i have seen, everyone falls in love with their new droid or iphone, untill the novelty wears off, i just witnessed a android user almost irate with his phone because it froze up again! i guess it had been doing that to him all day.

In reality , is the ability to play angry birds, really a selling point

I say, if you want to play games, get a tablet (preferrably a Playbook) - Angry Birds is on there too. I see phones as tools, not toys. I was also one of those where the novelty of Android wore off on me. Not once, not twice... three times. All three devices made me hate Android all over again and in new ways. Plus Google is not a company I would want to partner with... in my personal life.
    07-26-12 08:34 PM
    WOW! ive been through countless mobile phones like iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3, 9900, 9700, 8520, 9300,9780 and now im back with my 9360 and i have to admit out of all the android mobiles and apple mobiles i have purchased i cant be anything accept a blackberry lover. Ive always thought that people saying apple is better blah blah blah but my opinion is BLACKBERRY RULES!!
    07-28-12 09:41 AM
    Has anyone here went from a Droid Razr to a 9930?
    I have an upgrade next month, I was considering a Galaxy S3 but I'm thinking about coming back....
    07-30-12 02:17 PM
    I think you should come back if you want a device that centralizes its focus on what matters - messaging and connectivity and reliability. If fun and games is your thing, perhaps something else - or get a Playbook for your Blackberry. You'd be welcome back by other BB users.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-30-12 10:26 PM
    Crackberry brethren,
    I return after a long hiatus, after losing it with the no upgrade to OS 6 for Storm 2 and quick abandonment of the Torch 9800 w AT&T. These past 2 yrs i have gone through about 6 androids and recently iphone 4/4S, but just today I bought a new Blackberry Bold 9900 after it brought back those great memories I had with my old 9000, sooo excited to be back. I need a basic phone again that is reliable where it matters, I've wasted so much time and money on apps to the point that I became an Izombie and have stopped reading books like i did in the past. What can I say? Just love RIM, im a crackberry at heart
    At least I'll be a more productive person again.
    Last edited by Daviddlt126; 08-02-12 at 11:18 PM.
    08-02-12 09:57 PM
    I'm an HTC user, good phone, reliable, battery lasts the day, has everything I need.

I like the physical keyboard of BBs so went to go buy one and sign up. However, I live in Hong Kong and the BB plans are ridiculously expensive. My droid plan is around 300HK, unlmimted talk and 800mb data (more than enough for me). BB plans are 400-1000hkd with talk times from 100mins to 1000mins (the 400HKD is 1000mins) and data is ********. Data options range from 500kb (?!) to unlimited at the highest contract price.

I want a BB but can't justify the price for less apps and added... 'security'?

What I am really saying is, BB's should be able to work without a BB plan. Wouldn't that open up a little more market space for them? Or does it go against the whiole BlackBerry idea? I apologise if this has been mentioned before but I am also kinda new to all this.
    08-03-12 12:07 AM
    Looks like its trial time for BB again...

I switched over from Blackberry to the iPhone 4s back in November and I'll be honest, it's not been too bad of a break, I quite like the phone (and yes, i quite like the apps _) but I REALLY have missed the hardware keyboard most of all. It's not that I can't type on the thing, I can still get a decent speed out of it, but it's just not comfortable and accurate enough for my fat thumbs (not to mention the autocorrect is horrendous!)

Anyway it looks like a few things are changing around work wise and I've been offered either an iPhone or a BB for hooking up to their emails/calendars etc. Given that I'll be doing a fair bit of typing on the thing I've decided on the BB. So, once everything's tied up I'll be taking delivery of a 9900 to play with!

My own contract has just under a year left to go, so I'm hoping by that time the BB10 stuff will have landed. Granted there'll be a shiny new iPhone going cheap by then no doubt, but I don't fancy being stuck with the iSheep for another 18months

Edit: after playing with both I ended up going for the 9790, I don't have particularly small hands but the 9900 felt a bit big for me if I'm honest, plus it worked out quite a bit cheaper going for its little brother still, good to be back!!
    Last edited by Donnee; 08-20-12 at 06:55 AM.
    08-16-12 12:57 PM
    Well, after my Bold 9930 broke a little over a month ago, I've been searching
    on Craigslist for one with a price I'd be happy with (basically none over $250)
    but with no success. THEN I went to eBay to bid, lost every bid at the last few seconds (VERY frustrating lol).
    But, I'm currently bidding one one as we speak. It's at $200 right now so hopefully I win.
    If I do the seller said it will be in my hands by Friday

I can't wait, love my iPhone but miss the Bold!
    08-21-12 08:28 PM
    i lucked out and got a mint cond for 120 guy had 5 lines on his contact so he can get new phones. He said he hated it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    08-22-12 08:03 AM
    putting the HTC in the bin and getting a 9360 no more touchscreen that has a mind of it own :-)

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-22-12 11:53 AM
    Just purchased one from eBay for $225 this morning.
    Lost the bid last night, lol. But found one in mint condition with a clear ESN for $225
    under "Buy It Now" & just couldn't turn it down.
    Should be here Friday. I'm excited again!
    kbz1960 and OniBerry like this.
    08-22-12 11:58 AM
    congrats

BlackBerry By Choice!
    08-22-12 01:23 PM
    congrats

BlackBerry By Choice!
    Thanks!
    08-22-12 08:05 PM
    Hy everyone! This is my first post, because...

... because I've got my first BB phone in my life for a week.

I "came from" WP7, former I had Android and WM (at 2010), and I felt that I have to discover this exciting world tooo! And I like it so much...
    08-23-12 10:51 AM
568 ... 1213141516 ...