I see thread after thread of those who are bailing for unknown territories based on the lore of greener pastures in the land of droid and apple. What I don't here as often online but am seeing w/in our own organization, are those who are coming back home to Blackberry and re-appreciating the no nonsense business ready solid platform that built the blackberry reputation.

I know your out there, it's ok, there's more of us than you think.
    07-21-11 11:14 AM
    From what i have seen, everyone falls in love with their new droid or iphone, untill the novelty wears off, i just witnessed a android user almost irate with his phone because it froze up again! i guess it had been doing that to him all day.

In reality , is the ability to play angry birds, really a selling point
    07-21-11 11:30 AM
    Good timing on the post...

Just returned to my Torch yesterday from a month of Android. I was using a Moto Atrix.

Nice phone but battery life is short and once the excitement of all the apps wears out you still tend to only use a few....

I also missed BBM.....yes there are a few cross platform programs like WhatsApp but they still do not compare to BBM.

Feels good to be back.....!

I will try to trade my Atrix for a Playbook using Kijiji or such.

Cheers
    craiggger, bb624, nneal and 4 others like this.
    07-21-11 11:32 AM
    Yeah I've got mine in my office drawer. Kinda of a girl on the side relationship. Awesome to play with but not great for everyday relability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ricky.lee.lavoie likes this.
    07-21-11 12:18 PM
    Good timing on the post...

Just returned to my Torch yesterday from a month of Android. I was using a Moto Atrix.

Nice phone but battery life is short and once the excitement of all the apps wears out you still tend to only use a few....

Cheers
    I was using another Moto Android phone that shall remain nameless for the moment. I agree though - BB may not have that many apps, but how many do you really need?

Ditto on the battery life too. My moto wasn't that bad, but my BB battery lasts 3 days vs 1.

Bob
    07-21-11 04:52 PM
    Blackberry will always be reliable fwiw, and always have the best messaging notifications IMO
    Thunderbuck and Morty2264 like this.
    07-21-11 06:37 PM
    yeah black berry is my status symbol phone , but my true love is moto
    07-22-11 09:46 AM
    as soon as i saw this thread title i knew it'd be a ghost town
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-25-11 05:54 AM
    I'm coming back to BB from a Droid 1. The main reason I'll be coming back is because I need a phone without a camera so I can take it into work with me. I'll be picking up the new Bold Touch 9930.
    craiggger likes this.
    07-25-11 08:12 AM
    Only 73 pages to go to match the "I left" thread. Well, good luck with that.

I see thread after thread of those who are bailing for unknown territories based on the lore of greener pastures in the land of droid and apple. What I don't here as often online but am seeing w/in our own organization, are those who are coming back home to Blackberry and re-appreciating the no nonsense business ready solid platform that built the blackberry reputation.

I know your out there, it's ok, there's more of us than you think.
    07-25-11 12:02 PM
    So I gave up my blackberry tour last month for the nexus s 4G but now i'm missing the keyboard and really want the new bold...the nexus is great but I miss the led email/test/etc... notification lights. I also have a playbook so maybe i am supposed to come back and get the bold...

any thought on this and am I making a good decision
    07-26-11 08:55 AM
    So I gave up my blackberry tour last month for the nexus s 4G but now i'm missing the keyboard and really want the new bold...the nexus is great but I miss the led email/test/etc... notification lights. I also have a playbook so maybe i am supposed to come back and get the bold...

any thought on this and am I making a good decision
    only you can decide for sure if your making the right decision to go back to bb. here's a suggestion i usually give people and i did this myself as well: make a pros/cons list for each device, weight out what you've written down and then make a decision based on what your looking for in a device and see which will fit your needs the best. People will give you ALOT of opinions, some you'll like and some you'll hate. I've always been neutral as far as what device any one person would use/need. You need to decide what is going to be best for you good luck with your decision!

just as an example: i'm going to be switching from my bb9650 sometime between Aug & Nov. i've had a few question me as to why, i've rec'd some negative reactions(which i shut out completely) & some positive ones. for the reactions that weren't positive i've shut out because 1) they don't have to use my iPhone 2) they arent paying for it and 3) i'm the one that has to be happy with what i'm using!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 07-26-11 at 09:32 AM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-26-11 09:25 AM
    well i had the blackberry curve 8330 then i switched to the iphone 4 which was a good phone, battery sucked on it! and the only reason i had it was so i could play angry birds and pocket legends hahaha and the camera was faulty and i had to return it but didnt so just got stuck with it and i gaved it away and got me a blackberry 9780 oh have i missed bbm
    07-26-11 11:29 AM
    well i had the blackberry curve 8330 then i switched to the iphone 4 which was a good phone, battery sucked on it! and the only reason i had it was so i could play angry birds and pocket legends hahaha and the camera was faulty and i had to return it but didnt so just got stuck with it and i gaved it away and got me a blackberry 9780 oh have i missed bbm
    can you please change the color and possibly the font, it's burning my retina
    thanks!
    up488, LAZYMAN 91 and Ben Watkins like this.
    07-26-11 11:40 AM
    I never had a smartphone before blackberry so I am not completly qualified to post on this thread, BUT I do keep tabs on other smartphones and I got friends with a few. The only blackberrys I've had were the curve 8530 and now the 9330 so my entire opinion on blackberry will be based on these two devices. Anyways, I think that overall blackberry is a better choice. Stability wise, as long as you do a battery pull once a week (similar to restarting a computer) you will be fine. Android phones (or at least the ones I have seen or heard about) are known to reset at random. There is not too many issues with iphones in that matter. Structually blackberries are known to moderatly tough. I once read that blackberries were built like tanks, I didn't know to believe that untill one day I dropped it on the concrete floor of the grocery store...the battery cover and battery popped out but I just put it back in and waited for the device to come back on. There was not one bit of cosmetic, hardware, or software problem. There are so many android phones that its impossible to talk about them but as for the iphone, I believe everyone has heard of the famous broken glass on the iphone 4. Now software wise I believe the blackberry has some issues to work out. Don't get me wrong I have the curve so that may be what is impacting it, but the bb os seems to be slow at times. Just to download a file about 1mb iin size, it takes about a minute and gives you the hourglass. To me this just shows major problems. I think that if rim was to fix that issue with their os (and possibly put a better camera on their curve models) then I think that blackberrys could beat at least most android phones. They could use more apps but.that really isn't an issue with RIM, its just the developers. We have apps for doing anything we need to do but the problem with this is that we only have one or two apps for a certain issue. If we don't like that app then we are usually out of luck and just have to deal with it. I feel like that needs to be addresed, we need more app competition.

Morty2264 likes this.
    07-26-11 01:39 PM
    Well I havent returned to the darkside yet, am waiting for the 9930 to drop but I can't wait to use my Android as a back up phone rather than my daily phone. It's been roughly 18 months since my pearl flip started burning out batteries like crazy. Hopefully the 9930 doesn't have that problem lol :P
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-26-11 04:20 PM
    Haven't come back yet I have the DROID x waiting for the 9930
    07-27-11 06:00 PM
    This is an interesting thread. I left the BB world over a year ago after enjoying many differ BB's, leaked ROM's etc. Android has been a good OS and depending on what you are hoping to get out of it, you can find it to be a greener or more barren waste land.

While I say all of that I am actually in the process of looking at making a return to the BB world, not because of what Android does or doesn't do but because in my needs constantly evolve.

Reasons for my possible return:
    Improved specs on BB's: processors, RAM, Storage and camera's
    Ability to tweak your BB to your needs including leaked ROM's and custom ROM's
    Business and Social - a balanced approach. BBM, Twitter, FB, IM. You can get things done
    BB hardware has always been good to me, and lately the push to get a 4G LTE phone out that works correctly just isn't happening.

I still have a long list of BB app's I used in the past and while I would need to upgrade them again it would be more selective, a focus on getting things done. I know the OP asked about Angry Birds and does it really matter. Well to be honest, yes it does. I say that for a simple reason, people like the ability to have time filler or time killer apps while they wait. Its great and it doesn't "have" to be Angry Birds. What about Cut The Rope (great game).

So in the end, IF, and that's a big if Verizon can get out of their own way and launch the BB 9930 or BB 9850. I want the keyboard despite the screen size but I really want the bigger screen like the Torch 1.
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-28-11 12:04 PM
    ....I want the keyboard despite the screen size but I really want the bigger screen like the Torch 1.
    +1! What would be so hard about a CDMA Torch2? Bigger screen than my 9650 AND a QWERTY keyboard = best of both worlds. I'm waiting on the 9850 to drop - gonna see if I can learn to type on a touchscreen.
    07-29-11 07:34 AM
    as soon as i saw this thread title i knew it'd be a ghost town
    Only 73 pages to go to match the "I left" thread. Well, good luck with that.
    The "other thread" has over a year head start.
    Denenatse likes this.
    07-30-11 01:04 AM
    Yeah what he said

07-30-11 11:28 AM
    In response to my anxious wait for a sweet new powerful BlackBerry to arrive in sprint stores, I went on ebay and purchased a ...gulp...droid! and I found the overall experience pleasant, and the OS was very 5 year old friendly, yet extremely frustrating at the same time...the battery life...sucks...the in ability to sync messages from various platforms into one inbox...non existent! force closes, app crashes, and the absence of the BlackBerry QWERTY has simply reminded me that Droid is a nice little novelty, but in the end, its a cheap POS that serves no real purpose in my daily life. I am not a gamer, yet was very dissapointed to find no real equivalent to brick breaker, which has gotten me through so many long days at work the last 4 or 5 years...so 2 months without a blackberry and im losing it! My curve should be arriving next week, and that will hold me over until an OS7 phone placed securely in my hands.
    07-30-11 12:47 PM
    I had a droid and too was enamored with its wild west style open OS. I bailed and tried the new curve, but the dust floating into the screen was just a little too much. So off to one of these remanuf. Tours. Looks business, acts business, and is holding me over til the new. BB's hit the shelf.

07-30-11 02:02 PM
    I was all about Blackberry, I had a Pearl (thought it was fantastic for the time), i got a Storm (Used some great hybrids from Crackberry) then I had a great opportunity to upgrade to an iphone 3gs for free (deal offered to switch from one provider to another).

I have to say for awhile I totally jumped on the apple band wagon, but found that, battery life, BBM, ability to customize the OS, were enough to bring me back to Blackberry. I picked up the Torch and I have been happy ever since.
    07-30-11 02:05 PM
    Hey everyone! Just came back to Blackberry after a few months with an Android. I liked the Droid fine, but it turns out apps weren't as big a deal as I thought they were. Also, I really missed having a physical keyboard! So I just got a Curve 3g today, not really what I wanted but it was either that or a Torch from AT&T. Can't wait for the new Bold to come out!
    craiggger and JesseBabe23 like this.
    07-30-11 03:21 PM
568 123 ...