First time blackberry user as of New years eve when i lost my htc One x on a night out, always had iPhones up until then having every model until becoming disillusioned with the changes and the rate of the changes 3,3gs,4,4s,5...etc just too hard to keep up and each new phone only presented something a bit more powerful, a bit better and a bit lighter. Not really worth it.

Before the iPhone's i was a bit of a Motorola fiend, wont talk too much about that though, anyway.....

so lost htc, friend gave me his old Curve 8520, no 3G at all, terrible phone all round but somehow i'm in love, maybe it's the keyboard i don't know but it is the first blackberry i've ever used.

As soon as the insurance pays me out the money is going on a brand new BB10 handset, until then i have the curve and i'm enjoying life!
    Snap51, DJRikko and JesseBabe23 like this.
    01-12-13 07:51 PM
    So I got an iPhone 5 for Xmas and could only handle it for 6 days, yes 6 days, never in my life I have given a gift back but this felt so good and right. Maybe it was because as a Canadian I realized like hockey and crown royal I have BB in my blood too, lol.

I was going nuts, couldn't live without a keyboard, flashing red light, bbm, my fast email, I live and work off of email so that's very important to me. And just a fact that I can hold a botton and dial my house. The only good thing was I managed to get my bold unlock during that 6 days because it wasn't on service. So I have been back for a while and loving it.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    01-13-13 02:09 AM
    I'm very interested in what the new Blackberry Smartphones will be like. I've been using Android smartphones for a while now but have always liked the feel of the Bold with it's physical keyboard. I hope that RIM step up their game in 2013. Maybe I'll be tempted to switch to a Blackberry. ;-)
    01-15-13 06:44 PM
    Been an iPhone user for 2 years now and a bit fan of Apple. So I'm a first time BB user. Well its not great honestly because I'm not on BIS, so I don't have BBM. I can't access my corporate email and personal email. Our company does not allow data plan, only vocie and sms. But I like BB 9780 because I realize I'm not into apps,games. More on sms and voice. So I'm happy with BB. Hope I have a BIS someday.
    01-24-13 06:22 AM
    Interesting posts.

When I first came back to Black, I jumped on H2O service. No BIS. Big drawback. I wanted to use my unlocked 9780 and thought I could do without BIS by using 3rd party email and Web apps. You CAN do it, but IMO, having a BlackBerry without BIS is like putting a Chevy 4 Cyl engine in a Ferrari. It looks great, goes down the road, but lacks performance.
    I didn't want to do contracts again so tried Simple Mobile unlimited BIS for 50 bucks and have been happy ever since. The Ferrari now has the horsepower back!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 07:29 PM
    So here is my story: I was a long time BB user and PB user, with 4 PB's in my family. I had a 9930 Verizon Branded unit and I loved the way it worked. I was not enamored with the PB and quite frankly I was a bit jealous of all the fun the Android and Apple users were having with their phones and tablets. I travel overseas quite a bit and the 9930 was fantastic except for the occasional need to pull the battery for a reboot and the headache of rebooting everytime you downloaded an app upgrade. Pain in the tush, so to speak. Also, the browser speed just plainly sucked on the BB. Slow as **** to load. The other thing about BB I loved, was the BBM. My girlfriend had an older BB from work and when we travelled, communication was easy and consistent. Then my gf"s company switched to Apple and in order to iMessenger eachother while traveling I dropped BB and got an iPhone 5 along with my gf. I had fun with the phone and the cloud and my iPads, etc. However, our first trip out of the US and the messenging just wasnt the same. Also, neither of us can get a handle on the iPhone's keyboard. So, yesterday, to my great and happy surprise, my gf announced that she told her company that she is going back to BB and that she wanted me to switch back to BB so that we could BBM each other while traveling. I am a happy camper, and just cant wait until BB10 comes out and I can get my hands on the new N series. I am really looking forward to it and also the bridging with my PBs that have been more or less sitting idle since the switch to iPhone. My only real issue is that I do like Hulu Plus and Netflix on the tablet and I am HOPING that they will have apps for the new 10 software on the PB.
    Last edited by Norgoth; 01-25-13 at 06:10 AM.
    01-24-13 10:50 PM
    I am 21 and i own a blackberry device since 8520 came out. Before BB8520 my phone history is full of Nokias (3330, 3510, 6610, 6610i, 6630, n73, 2600, 2330...) and Sony Ericsson(Ericsson T20s, R600, t68i, W960i...). I moved to BB because of the BBM and the trully unlimited internet offered only for BBs in my country. 8520 is the most durable phone after 3310, i still have this phone in working condition, i only changed the housing because of the unlock/play button failure. From 2011 i am studying in UK. I bought 9860 on a contract, the phone is dead from summer 2012, and i am still paying the contract. In the summer i bought 9780 and my dad gave me also his 9700, as he moved to 9790! At the start of the second year i bought the GS3 because i really need skype, and i gave 9700 and 9780 to my brother, after three months of use i really HATE android, i thought it will be good to have all this application, all that games! But you download them, play once, and thats it! It was a really laggy phone, you press the call button and you wait 2 second for the keypad to appear. Also after updating to 4.1.x there are memory leaks, at the night i had only 85MB free ram, with no programs running, so a restart every night needed! In christmas vacations i trade my GS3 with my brother for the two BBs, a Playbook 32gb and 100 Euros! Now I bought a Sony Xperia U, because of the skype, and waiting for BB10. My day one for BB10 will be the day that microsoft will announce skype! I really love this company and BB products, but for me skype is crucial. I don't understand people who think Netflix is crucial, there are so many other ways to watch films on your BB phone, but crossplatform video calling isn't yet available in any way for BB users.
    P.S.1 My gf is back in my country, and own a Galaxy Nexus.
    P.S.2 I still hate Android, but Xperia U was the cheapest solution for skype video calling!
    cardno4 likes this.
    01-25-13 07:33 AM
    Hi, I use to have a bold 9000 some years back and switched to htc desire when it was obvious bb were not keeping up with the competition. But it's now time to come home and get myself a proper bb10 smartphone. People are talking about bb competing with windows phone for the 3rd spot. Call me crazy but I think number 2 is within reach.
    01-25-13 07:49 PM
    This topic will be a busy one in a near future...
    01-28-13 11:10 AM
    Agreed. It will be busy!

On a similar note, I was Flipboarding recently (I love FlipBoard and hope it's on "10").
    I ran across an article about BBerry 10 and how RIM had the proverbial ONE MORE CHANCE to save the company. Nothing new here from the media.
    The author evidently interviewed a random sample of users that had recently left BlackBerry. Again, nothing new.
    What DID surprise me were the REASONS many stated for leaving. The SAME REASONS I CAME BACK to BLACKBERRY were the reasons THEY LEFT.

i.e., I came back for the longer battery life. They left stating the battery life of a Berry was horribly short.
    i.e., I came back for the flashing LED. They left stating the flashing LED drove them nuts.
    i.e., I came back for the physical Keyboard. They left stating the Keyboard was a huge problem.

The list went on. It shows you that paradigms can be incredibly different for each user.

Well, I'm glad to be back anyway.

EDIT ADD:
    Forgot the MOST IMPORTANT REASON they listed!

i.e., I came back for the speed and security of BIS. They left stating they were fed up with BIS going down and losing business because of it!

That one really got me. Well, to each their own.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 01-29-13 at 08:02 AM.
    01-28-13 01:27 PM
    Hi everyone.

Self professed n00b here when it comes to BlackBerry (yes I'm calling myself out). So please be gentle!

After seeing the BlackBerry 10 presentation today and the fact that I plan on getting my own business up and running this year, I have decided that I will most likely purchase an off-contract BlackBerry Z10. I do have some questions though.

With BlackBerry, do I need to purchase a data plan or any specific BlackBerry plan that the phone needs in order to work properly? I plan on traveling internationally so I'm bummed about the non-global LTE but that's just something we have to deal with at this point in time.

Any suggestions would help. I was really impressed with this phone and the operating system. I'm glad that some developers decided to wake up and think outside of the box instead of going with the same old, same old.

And for full disclosure, I'll still keep my iPhone 4 as that is now factory unlocked. I just wanted to get a feel what what I needed to do when I acquire the Z10.

Thanks!
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    01-30-13 10:53 AM
    I am going to be getting a Z10 as soon as i can figure things out, but yes, i used to have a a pearl and then a 9800. I will be getting as much as i can for my current phone before i do though!
    01-30-13 10:18 PM
    I started my smartphone life, with a Pearl, then went to a Curve, then on to the Storm 2, then back to a Curve before ending up on an iPhone. I left because I thought it would be a better user experience, but the os left me feeling underwhelmed. I am coming home to BB, and can't wait to get a Z10. To each his own, but for me, well I NEED that BB Z10.
    01-31-13 03:45 PM
    Hi everyone.

Self professed n00b here when it comes to BlackBerry (yes I'm calling myself out). So please be gentle!

After seeing the BlackBerry 10 presentation today and the fact that I plan on getting my own business up and running this year, I have decided that I will most likely purchase an off-contract BlackBerry Z10. I do have some questions though.

With BlackBerry, do I need to purchase a data plan or any specific BlackBerry plan that the phone needs in order to work properly? I plan on traveling internationally so I'm bummed about the non-global LTE but that's just something we have to deal with at this point in time.

Any suggestions would help. I was really impressed with this phone and the operating system. I'm glad that some developers decided to wake up and think outside of the box instead of going with the same old, same old.

And for full disclosure, I'll still keep my iPhone 4 as that is now factory unlocked. I just wanted to get a feel what what I needed to do when I acquire the Z10.

Thanks!
    Welcome aboard (soon enough!)

With regards to the data plans, I have been hearing that people have been able to put in their SIM cards coming from other phones (Windows Phone, iPhone) and it just working.

But, just to be save I would check with your carrier in case they do have some funny setup
    02-01-13 03:04 PM
    I was using an iphone 4s for a few months ... had to come back to the berry... Got sick and tired of the freezing and the bs apps ...I have a 9900.. good solid phone ...nice to be back..
    02-01-13 08:43 PM
    My wife and I have S3s and we have new Z10s Ordered for Tuesday!

As well, my son (S3) and daughter (S3) are each getting Z10s.

Moreover, a lot of people I speak with are switching for the Z10. We're very impressed.
    02-02-13 07:26 AM
    Back in March 2012 I bought a Playbook, and that got me hooked on BB. For the past few years I've had a Windows 6 phone (very old school). But I've been playing around here on Crackberry and learning all about BB10. I even put some money into the stock back in November.

Well, with all the money that I've made on the stock I felt I could justify purchasing a new Z10. So this morning I bought one at Fido on pre-paid. This is my first official Blackberry phone.

To be honest with you, just like the Playbook, it's not perfect. But that doesn't bother me because every system has its quirks. And really, I'm having a lot of fun with this phone. Hopefully it helps my productivity at some point soon!!
    dietertong likes this.
    02-05-13 06:09 PM
    I started years ago with a BB, then switched to Iphone for my music and stuff, then back to BB (9800) for a stint, then back to Iphone and then to Android. Finally back to BB (Z10). Since getting it yesterday i have been so impressed with it. I am self employed and have had the same yahoo email account for ever...so sync the contacts and calender was a snap..easysimple and fast. I also just pulled the SIM card from my SIII and installed it and away i went. Through telus i have a pretty good plan with 6 GB of data...so i'm ready to experince the BB thing again. Way to go BB..this is one heck of a phone for us every day Joe type people!!
    dietertong likes this.
    02-06-13 04:42 PM
    Hi all ...
    Recently bought my life's first BB which is 9780 ... its pretty cool .. the user experience is quite satisfactory ... im coming from Android platform ... im an experienced flasher, tweaker and support end user on Android platform still own a Galaxy S3 ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    dietertong and BrwnSuga3 like this.
    02-07-13 09:34 AM
    Just picked up a Z-10 and loving it.
    02-07-13 04:25 PM
    I was using a iphone5 for a little bit because I broke my 9900. Now I am back! Didn't buy just one, I bought both the white and black version!!
    BrwnSuga3 and Snap51 like this.
    02-14-13 08:40 PM
    So first of all I have to say that I have NEVER used a Blackberry before. And the reason is that no carrier here (I live in finland) have been providing them in large scale. So there has been no reason to even try it because no one has been providing BIS/BES services so the phones have been kinda useless here.

Little background...i have been using all of the iPhones, lot of Android devices and also WP7 and WP8 devices (yes, I am a phone junkie ). I have always kind of liked the BB stuff, but as said before no idea or way that I would have bought a BB before.

But now, Z10 has been released and although it isn't yet available in Finland, but it will come in march i think. And now that BB has ripped the BIS requirement of from the BB10 devices it will be easier to use BB in Finland also (and in many other countries). So I took the plunge yesterday and ordered Z10 from UK (unlocked-mobiles.com) and it should arrive next week \o/

Also watched the BB10 press conference and was astonished how good the BB10 and Z10 looked, which also helped me to order one. I have been reading reviews and watched a lot of videos about it and I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it.

I won't go to the problems with missing apps, because it was expected, and it will grow on time. The same problem is with Windows Phone 8 devices, and it has been out for about 4 months now, and still there are missing apps that are on iPhone and Android. I really really hope that developers will get more interest on BB10. Also I hope Netflix / HBO will do a BB10 app. The apps I mostly use (facebook, twitter, foursquare, linkedin) are already there, so I think i will be pretty pleased as a start.

The one thing I know that I will be struggling with, and this problem, not really a BB10 problem, is with localized apps. What I mean here are apps for example for finnish banks (almost all of them have an app for iphone, android and windows phone), but I'm kind of "afraid" that they won't jump on the BB10 train because it is and, I'm afraid it will be niche market here in Finland. Well atleast I'm going to bomb them with emails to support BB10

All in all, i'm still pretty excited to get my hands on the Z10.

Few questions have come to my mind. As BB10 uses full Activesync (and not BES for mails) i quess it will fully support EAS profiles, right? Has anyone tested to hookup Z10 to Office365 platforms Activesync? Our corporation uses Ms Office365 for emails and lync etc, so it is important to get it working on Z10, but there shouldn't be problems with it?

How about Gmail? I have a "free" GApps account for my domain, so I can use Activesync on it forever So I think I can sync my gmail calendars, contacts and emails without problems?
    02-15-13 05:29 AM
    I have bounced back so many times it's not even funny (check phone history below)...there is just something about the blackberry that keeps this lady coming back :-) Currently have a blackberry bold 9930 and a samsung s3...well the s3 sits in my desk drawer collecting dust and my bold is getting alot of use :-)
    02-15-13 11:09 AM
    The bottom line is, you always come back

I have bounced back so many times it's not even funny (check phone history below)...there is just something about the blackberry that keeps this lady coming back :-) Currently have a blackberry bold 9930 and a samsung s3...well the s3 sits in my desk drawer collecting dust and my bold is getting alot of use :-)
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-15-13 03:45 PM
    After a few years w/ my BB 9700, I bought an S3 last fall, which is a great phone and introduced me to the Android platform. Enjoyed by droid experience and excited to back in the land w/ my new Z10 (along w/ my PB, which I've had for a couple of years.)

Agreed. It will be busy!
    On a similar note, I was Flipboarding recently (I love FlipBoard and hope it's on "10")...
    I have Flipboard on both my Z10 and PB. I LOVE Flipboard, too. No native app yet but easily sideloaded (see section on how to do this). Note: while it runs very well on the Z10, it's a bit wonky on the PB and you need Ghost Commander to actually run the app on the PB (easily downloaded from BB World and you're good to go!).

Don't miss out on Flipboard on your BB10!!!
    02-17-13 12:24 PM
568 ... 1718192021 ...