Doing a test right now with a friend...her switching back to a 9900 from a iphone 4s.

Read about it here http://www.allaboutmybb.com/2012/09/...oice-test.html

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    09-25-12 07:43 PM
    Hi, I finally took the plunge that I've been waiting a while to do. I dumped my iphones of 3 years in favour of a BB Torch 9810. Also picked up a Curve 9300, both to compliment my Playbook, and couldn't be happier with my decision.
    I am totally stoked about BB10, it looks awesome, can't wait to start writing apps for it. Can't wait for the release of the new hardware in the new year. I'll be all over those.
    I love my BB's, way better than any iphone, especially the 4's with their whimpy delicate screens.
    Long Live RIM.
    Last edited by DermagraFX; 09-27-12 at 01:22 AM.
    09-27-12 12:40 AM
    I've owned 8100, 8310, 8900, 9000, 9520, 9000, 9700, 9780, 8520, 9300, 9360 now on a 9300 in fire engine red thanks to O2.
    I see downgrading at the end why?
    09-27-12 12:57 AM
    So now I'm back with Blackberry. It's perfect for me except for the fact there's no decent Podcast solution. I'll probably be picking up the touch screen BB10 device when it's released. It's good to be back. :P
    Try Podtrapper, it's customizable and reliable.
    09-27-12 06:25 AM
    Ok BB Bold 9900 here I come leaving behind iPhone, Meego, Windows Mango, Nokia Symbian and everything else.
    10-02-12 06:49 AM
    Hopefully i will be back this evening. Buying another Bold 9900 this evening. Sold my other one for this galaxy note. Like the phone but i miss my buttons and bbm. Fingers crossed for a transaction tonight.
    10-02-12 11:59 AM
    true! Found that out today. Went to check my bank account and realized theres no Wells Fargo app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes there is, i have used it since OS 5 and use it on my 9900 too.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...40262/?lang=en
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-02-12 01:46 PM
    I got my Blackberry bold 9900 from Airtel online shopping store (Blackberry - airtel shop) on a discounted price.
    10-03-12 02:20 PM
    I activated my BlackBerry. Two words: Love it!
    Last edited by firehazel; 10-05-12 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Quoted the wrong post...
    10-05-12 08:30 PM
    Coming from iphone 4 and android. Iphone does the multimedia better than the blackberry. But for emailing and productivity the bold and bb system is clearly the winner. Android for me was just a joke. Couldn't really do any thing good. I'm not looking back, I can only look further now with the bb in my pocket!

10-07-12 02:53 PM
    I previously had many BBs, but I found an iPhone 4 for a sweet deal and jumped on it. I used it for awhile and then when the novelty effect wore off I took the plunge and sold the iphone and bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 and I must say I am very very impressed and will not go back again to the darkside lol.happy to be home I missed the secureness and BBM and BATTERY LIFE
    10-08-12 03:43 PM
    I'm still confused whether to or not. I've been ready to upgrade since August, my 9800. I have an iPhone 4 upgrade ready around March, I think. My two options I'm thinking of are, jumping to Note 2, try and wait it out til BB10. I'm wondering if it would work if I use the Note 2, with the 9800 on the side, (Pay As You Go sim just for BBM and emails). Dunno what I'd do with the iPhone 4.
    10-11-12 06:58 AM
    Well, after renewing my contract in August of this year choosing a HTC One X it's nice to return to my 9900.

Much as I loved the One X (lovely device), it seems me and touchscreen keyboards just don't get along. If I'm honest the things I missed the most were the proper LED (along with the ability with BerryBuzz to tailor notification colours), profiles (I know this seems minimal but it's really the little things you don't notice till you no longer have them- yes there was a work around with the One X but it wasn't implemented as well), a unified inbox (with three email accounts it drove me mad having to select a tab to access each one individually), and finally the keyboard. Wow have I missed this keyboard. Cracking out long emails is has almost become enjoyable again!

So all in all, yes, some may say that going from the One X to the 9900 may be somewhat of a downgrade, but I've never really been an app person and I deal with way too many emails to not have a physical keyboard.

Lesson learnt!

It's lovely to be back with the CB community.
    10-15-12 06:15 AM
    I have been in and out of this thread quite a bit. Tried different platforms, but I always end up here. Dropped both of my Android phones, and am now on a 9930 and using a PlayBook, and a 9650 as a back up phone. I think that I finally found the combo that will work for me.
    10-15-12 10:03 AM
    Well, after renewing my contract in August of this year choosing a HTC One X it's nice to return to my 9900.

Much as I loved the One X (lovely device), it seems me and touchscreen keyboards just don't get along. If I'm honest the things I missed the most were the proper LED (along with the ability with BerryBuzz to tailor notification colours), profiles (I know this seems minimal but it's really the little things you don't notice till you no longer have them- yes there was a work around with the One X but it wasn't implemented as well), a unified inbox (with three email accounts it drove me mad having to select a tab to access each one individually), and finally the keyboard. Wow have I missed this keyboard. Cracking out long emails is has almost become enjoyable again!

So all in all, yes, some may say that going from the One X to the 9900 may be somewhat of a downgrade, but I've never really been an app person and I deal with way too many emails to not have a physical keyboard.

Lesson learnt!

It's lovely to be back with the CB community.
    This is how I feel with my Galaxy Note! Awesome fun device. Lots a time to tinker,surf, and the whatnot. I can even text pretty good with the swype keyboad. Yet i find myself having to always hit the button to check and see if i have a new notification. On the Berry I just look for the blinky light. With a PB you get both a big screen and a physical keyboard. Yes people call me dumb for wanting to hold onto a Berry after seeing my Note. They just dont get it.

10-16-12 06:58 AM
    I know how you feel mark. I love my galaxy note too, but I have been missing my torch 9810. so I got one coming today woohoo lol out for delivery
    10-16-12 08:13 AM
    Are you just gonna swap sims or sell your Note? I swap sims for different purposes. During the work day Im on the Berry. Weekends and some evenings its back on the Note.

10-16-12 11:56 AM
    Rob1,
    Your point is very valid. I do think sometimes we weigh too much on apps that are supposed to do absolutely everything we can conceive whether we actually need them or not. But that is the world we have made. There is nothing it seems that we don't want an app for. That being said, I love my BB and don't care a lot about all the android / iphone apps out there but that is the situation RIM, I hope, will include in their v10 software and phones the ability to run android apps either natively or a run-time utility. That will take the next-gen BB phones to do those things and will give RIM and BB a huge advantage but has to be in addition to an excellent set of new native BB apps. I use my BB for mostly for business and am very happy with the ease of use, secure and seamless integration. No question with a lot of the so-called "needed" apps, BB isn't there in many cases. But I do worry about the security of dealing with android (Google) mind you. I think RIM has an opportunity to have the best of both worlds under the secure RIM umbrella which is outstanding.
    10-16-12 10:08 PM
    I own an ipad and iphone. My work provides the use of blackberry. I got a PlayBook to compliment my 9810. I haven't used an iphone and ipad since. Looking forward to BB10.
    10-16-12 10:15 PM
    I'm back again. I had been using a Samsung Galazy Blaze 4G from mid-July until yesterday. Since the ICS upgrade a few weeks ago, I started dropping calls, or I'd get the calls but couldn't hear anything (the caller could hear me). Ringtones and notifications started changing on their own, or sometimes just failing. In the meantime, the Mugen 1500 mAh battery for my 9900 had arrived, so I thought this would be a good time to switch back to BB for a while.

I liked the Blaze, until it started to get weird. With a 4" screen, it's not too big, and I got used to the Android way of doing things. I especially liked having all the features on the Kindle app. But it's no good if I can't depend on it for calls. At some point I have no doubt I'll troubleshoot and get it running again. A factory reset didn't help, but there are other steps I can take; I just don't have the time or patience for it at the moment. My 9900 just works.

Not having used a BB for about three months, I'm finding it a bit awkward recovering the instincts for doing things, but it's not too bad. I miss Swype; the hard keyboard feels clumsy in comparison. I had forgotten that I can't get onto my campus wifi on the BB, which is also a bit of a drag. But I really like the control that I have over how things look on the screen, in terms of fonts, sizes, etc. The Blaze has options, but the 9900's are more replete. It's great having all the notification options back.

Another thing that's a pleasant surprise: On the BB, I almost always use the space bar to scroll through any text, in the browser, Kindle, news reader, whatever. It advances the text instantly, without animated scrolling. Of course, I can use the touch screen to do animated scrolling, but I don't have to. I'm noticing that instant non-animated "scrolling" is easier on my eyes than animated scrolling. I hadn't used the Android continuously enough before to get used to it and then notice the difference. Now I notice it instantly. The Android, even with its bigger screen, was tiring my (old) eyes faster.

Another thing: The speaker on the Blaze was pretty good. I listen to a lot of podcasts and Audible books. It was certainly better than the speaker on my HTC Radar, which I eventually sold. But the speaker volume and quality on my 9900 is still a few notches above the Blaze.
    10-18-12 07:43 AM
    Welcome back ubizmo.
    10-18-12 07:59 AM
    I agree, android has lots of extra features that people love. Blackberry just works. The speaker quality is just hands above anything out there.

10-18-12 10:18 AM
    Jumped on the iphone deals a few months ago cause my 9780 was feeling outdated. The novelty has worn off. Just worked out a trade for a 9900, I can't wait to see my flashing red notifications and bridge to my playbook. Temptation is an ugly monster lol Glad to be back!
    10-22-12 06:07 AM
    I don't thing I never return home, since I never left it (Blackberry). Although I have android phone and iPhone. But still, Blackberry is my first choice.
    schlemer likes this.
    10-31-12 12:31 AM
    I don't thing I never return home, since I never left it (Blackberry). Although I have android phone and iPhone. But still, Blackberry is my first choice.
    I second that!

10-31-12 09:08 AM
568 ... 1415161718 ...