nokia 6600 - sonyericsson p1 - htc diamond - blackberry pearl - iphone 3gs - blackberry bold 9780 - htc nexus one - iphone 4 - nokia n8 - htc hd7 - htc desire hd - and now i got blackberry 9700

i made 2 stops at bb
    but finally i return to use bb because they are fashion , cool , qwerty and best battery life i had ever used on a smartphone

android is cool specially if you are developer
    ios for fun and games
    nokia for camera
    and wp7 well ... i think i loved it just for the os style

my next bb i will choose it by fashion and battery life

gonna wait till bb10 to get a new one

BB is a smartphone ... Others Are Toys

04-06-12 02:45 PM
    i am a black berry user and i thinks that it's awesome.
    euro rate in pakistanOpen market currency rates, US dollar rate, Euro rate, Pound rates
    04-07-12 04:45 AM
    My first smartphone was palm treo wp which I loved. Then I switched to HTC Touch pro, again wp because I didn't want to waste all the apps I've already purchased. When that phone started acting up, I decided that I wanted a flip phone. I have made many "purse calls" even to 911 I gave up on touch screen. But you didn't have a lot of choice when it came to world of flip phones. At that time, my hubby had a Storm & I hated it. But I liked a look of Style & decided to give it a try. Now I am totally addicted BB. Got a playbook to go with it too!
    04-08-12 10:14 PM
    I'm in a different position I suppose as I've never actually owned a BB but use one daily. When I started a new job in January I was given a company owned Bold 9630, before that I'd only seen others use them. I pretty much love the BB, my HTC EVO 4G (Android) not so much so I'm seriously considering getting my own BB. The HTC is just painful, the battery life is terrible, its loaded with so many apps, that seem to launch themselves and relaunch themselves after being shutdown via a task manager type program. Plus I really don't care for Google's plans to collect as much personal information as they can from Android and Google app users. This part really concerns me and certainly factors into my dislike for the phone. Also I've never played any games on the phone, nor do I care to so what's the point of having the HTC really. I love how the BB is pretty much a no nonsence messaging device with more than enough bells and whistles for me and has been very reliable so far and has great battery life.

I'm thinking about the 9930 but I'm sort of on the fence waiting to see what's going to happen to RIM as a company so I'll be paying close attention and if things are looking up for the company I'll buy one.

By the way does anyone know if the 9930 keyboard is any larger than the 9630? That's really my only gripe about the 9630, the keyboard is just a little small for my fat thumbs.

Best to all on the forum.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-10-12 07:19 PM
    The 99XX's keyboard is one of the best right now. Just perfect for your fat thumbs.
    04-10-12 07:23 PM
    The 99XX's keyboard is one of the best right now. Just perfect for your fat thumbs.
    Great info! My fat thumbs thank you,
    04-10-12 08:03 PM
    Used to run a Storm when they first came out as my personal phone. That was my first exposure to BlackBerry. I truly loved that glitchy piece o...

Anyways up grade time came around and so was the android hype. So I thought to give them a try. No real complaints about the android OS. As time passed I started to see and hear more about the 9930. I knew I wanted that device.

Luckily my employer provided me with two choices, iphone 4s or the Bold 9930.
    Needless to say I went with the BlackBerry. Best decision on my part.

anyways its great to be back!
    04-11-12 05:27 PM
    Back after a couple of years with android/ios. Feels like coming home. 9930/playbook, great combo.
    04-17-12 05:07 PM
    I am about to buy another 9900 after jumping ship to try the iphone 4S. I am ok with the phone as a whole, but miss the keyboard on the 9900 and the emailing and texting that I could do is so much faster. Only thing on the iPhone is the maps are awesome and I never found the BB maps to be that good. I never play games and never really use the apps, but searching the web is only marginally better on the iPhone. I will sell my iphone and it will be a push for a full price of 9900, but I will probably get a 10 when they come out. Battery sucks on the iphone, but the 9900 was not great either if I remember correctly.
    04-20-12 03:52 PM
    Hi Fella's

I Just got my Blackberry playbook on wednesday as a prize and now i am exploring the device.. I'm a long time Droid User(Galaxy Tab 1) but seeing the browser and the rich capabilities of Playbook Os 2(Droid still lags) i hope i won a great device...

Only thing i whine is appstore and app support... Waiting for BB10...
    04-21-12 10:55 AM
    I've been an Iphone user since the day it was released and I've just recently switched to the bold 9900. at first I hated it I found it very complicated. after a few hours I was in love it has made my day to day working life so much easier the email is superb, I'm hooked!
    04-21-12 05:14 PM
    I've been an Iphone user since the day it was released and I've just recently switched to the bold 9900. at first I hated it I found it very complicated. after a few hours I was in love it has made my day to day working life so much easier the email is superb, I'm hooked!

Congrats. Haha. Same here. The original iPhone was not available in my country. But once the 3G was officially launched locally, I got one. And I had that for years. Last year june, I got a bold 9000 to try it out. Hooked. Email was super quick, keyboard was fantastic to type on.

5 months later when my contract was due, I got a 9900. Never looked back. BBOS may look complicated to use at first sight if you're used to iOS devices. But after I got the hang of it, I found myself doing tasks on my phone faster than I did on an iphone. Typing long messages are no longer a chore as demonstrated here. When I was on an iphone, I only use it to read emails, and reply short ones. Leaving long replies to my laptop, since typing and editing text just took up so much time. But now, I just do it on my 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-22-12 12:18 AM
    I am about to buy another 9900 after jumping ship to try the iphone 4S. I am ok with the phone as a whole, but miss the keyboard on the 9900 and the emailing and texting that I could do is so much faster. Only thing on the iPhone is the maps are awesome and I never found the BB maps to be that good. I never play games and never really use the apps, but searching the web is only marginally better on the iPhone. I will sell my iphone and it will be a push for a full price of 9900, but I will probably get a 10 when they come out. Battery sucks on the iphone, but the 9900 was not great either if I remember correctly.
    After trying the 9900, I decided to return it. The phone felt weird to me after using the iPhone for the last 6 months and everything felt and looked outdated compared to my iPhone. I may jump back into BB when the 10's start coming out though.
    04-26-12 01:52 AM
    I'm coming back after a spell on the sidelines with a WP7.

I'll be getting my old Curve 8520 which I loved until my 9300 comes next month.

I also thought sod it, i'll get a Playbook too. Which I pick up tomorrow!
    04-26-12 03:22 PM
    I'm coming back after a spell on the sidelines with a WP7.

I'll be getting my old Curve 8520 which I loved until my 9300 comes next month.

I also thought sod it, i'll get a Playbook too. Which I pick up tomorrow!
    I tried the WP7 and only found it cool because I could hook it up with my Xbox 360. Now that I've repented of my wicked ways, I'm back to my thumb-loving blackberry Bold The added processing power and touch screen make it what I've been looking for in a phone since I first picked up the G1.

I've always loved the effectiveness of these bad boys.
    04-26-12 11:42 PM
    Well...

I'm not really big on "brand loyalty" these days. Used to be, but over the last couple of years I've seen how that has morphed into something ugly, and truly juvenile.

I used BlackBerries exclusively for years, from pre-"Berry" days up until 2 years ago, when we got orders to Japan. They do have some BBs out here, but they don't allow you to just get a SIM and use it with your own unlocked phone (I later found out there are "ways" around this, but by then it was too late) so we opted for the free iPhone 4 w/SoftBank.

Keep in mind, when I got my shiny new iPhone 4, I was coming from my beloved Bold 9700, running the not-so-beloved BBOS5. Needless to say, I was a bit impressed. THIS was a browser. THESE were apps/games. You mean I can actually watch some YouTube videos? Movies? Yadda yadda. I was content. Or smitten. Still missed a few key things from my BB, though... namely notification LED, and true PUSH email. (Incidentally, if anyone tries to argue the point that an iAnything HAS "push" notifications, slap them. There is a REASON we are still issued BlackBerries in the military, and PUSH is a gigantic part of that.)

The user experience - minus the keyboard - was great. Safari blew away anything my Bold offered. The iTunes integration was superb, as you'd expect. No "antennagate" issues, either - although I was using the free bumper. I was downloading apps (mostly mindless, useless ones... but still fun. And the point was that I now COULD.) Then, a funny thing happened: I got an iPad.

See, I'm all about gadgets. I have my laptops, from Win7 to MBP and MBA. Tablets? I own several now. I don't need them to be laptop replacements. I'll undoubtedly be getting one or two Win8 tablets, but my iPads served my "media consumption/tablet" needs perfectly... which put my phone wants/needs/use into proper perspective. All of a sudden, I was no longer "consuming apps" by the boatload with my iPhone - anything I want, I typically prefer on my iPad and its generous screen real-estate. What did that leave me with? Well, to be honest, not much of a "phone".

Sure, the camera's pretty good, and the ability to go crazy with apps and games is still available... but I find myself back where I was years ago: wanting reliable notifications, the best mobile email, all-day battery life, complete customization, without having to jump through hoops, and *gasp* great call quality. It's hardly a horrible device, let's not lie to ourselves, but these aren't strengths of the iPhone. My BlackBerry can do all of that, though. And more.

We'll be returning to the States next year in all likelihood, and I'll make my phone decisions then. I'm excited at the current offerings RIM has put out, and hope they stay around to produce even more great and competitive products. I'm on leave now, and it took every ounce of strength and common sense (and wife saying "No.") for me not to pick up a 9900 the other day. I'll see what Apple has in store later this year (not expecting many critical, non-aesthetic changes), as well as the latest batch of Win8 Phones and Android. And keep my fingers crossed for a BB Bold 10000.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-28-12 07:39 AM
    I am a 9100 / V5 user. Love the large keys and being able to type one handed if necessary. Mostly use it for email and cell - decent use of profiles / different notifications and love the simplicity of not drilling deep to get to settings and data. I do zero social networking, the only time I use the net is via google voice for a quick address or restaurant phone #. Love instant everything via BES.
    Some features have started to die on the phone, no more gps, no more uma (device is unlocked on tmo and via certificates I had this feature of almost 2 years) and I have always yearned for a better camera and turn-by-turn for travel in europe.

Enter the HTC One S using ice cream sandwich on TMO and I guess I should have known better as my galaxy tab just collects dust in a drawer. Most of my friends and colleagues have jumped ship long ago to either and iphone or an android device. I tried to find out detailed info about ICS but really did not have the time and figured nothing ventured, nothing gained; I will just switch sims and try the new device � if I hate it I will just return it.

Really one of the worst ideas I have had for a long time, I could not get into a store the next day fast enough to switch back to my 9100. The problem is multiple; from what I can tell ics does not have a feature set that relates to profiles � they have scenes that one can change but there is no quick and dirty widget that I could see to make it act close to a profile and if even if there were, well let�s just say it�s not the profile feature set like on the berry. After an unlock on my 9100 I can swing up to the left side and just pick from any number of predefined profiles � I like to keep the device next to me in bed just set on vibrate so I don�t have to check outlook all the time and interrupt working on other things and bug my gf next to me. I like several short vibrations for friends and different vibrations for work related contacts. In the car I like the phone and email notifications to be louder so I can hear it over music. I could go on and on, I like notifications and the ability to have detailed different t profiles.

On the HTC the first issue is that calls and email notifications can have different tones and such but it�s far more simplistic than the bb and the volume is linked together. Yes, you read it right � there is no way to have separate volumes. In addition there is no real way to vary the notifications much and even if its set to loud maybe equates to a 4 on my 9100 � on 10 my 9100 is really loud, I can hear it from quite a distance. I loaded it up with touchdown thinking it would give me more choices and options but it does not. I could not really use the device just based on the profile and notification deficiencies but there is more.

I like something that is very simple and fast to use � when my device is locked and I get an email, all I do is grab it, press a one handed unlock code and my messages are on the screen (simple black theme) Most devices other than BBs are larger, so hitting the power to fire up the screen, and then entering a code is not such an easy task + then you have to flip through screens that will have an email widget to view the unopened contacts or have the widget on the home screen. Ditto for making calls, there is just no way to one had this device � more people have the screen die quick to save battery so any task involves hitting the power button, which is also now harder to get to because of the protective case. ICS is a very loose os, stuff stays open, screens move around � it has the capacity to have lots of room for apps but I don�t use apps � I have an app to forward sms to email and berry weather and besides open table , wells fargo and google that is about it. I tried to remove all the options to make it more bb like and it�s still a mess imo. It�s hard to describe but the berry is just far simpler and straight-forward to make calls and to message on. I also take a lots of pictures for both work and food/wine labels and sending pics on a bb could not be easier, unless I am missing something or yet another widget there is no way to do it without several more steps on ics.
    The tmo network is plenty fast in my area, I am just outside beverly hills, but on 4G I had half the signal of my 3G 9100 and call quality was all over the place, it seems much better at first but then while driving down to orange county south of LA I lost calls and quality was hit or miss. The hotspot promised to be a nice addition � the idea of having more upload speeds for remote connections via RDP than starbucks was exciting, unfortunately like LTE hotspots if one establishes a remote session, then minimizes it, surfs and then comes back to the session it will often time out. It sometimes comes back but sometimes not � better than LTE which pretty much kills a remote connection but still far from perfect. Battery life was a concern, I am thinking 5 � 6 hours max based on my usage � I can take my 9100 off charge on Friday morning and it will still have juice Monday morning.

For people that do not care about profiles, notifications, messaging, batter life, cell usage, etc the HTC is nice � it�s a slick piece of hardware, the os is quick and apps are fast to launch and the internet and camera experience is excellent, but to me it�s just not detailed and simple enough to be treated as a business tool. I am a big believer in getting products that parallel ones intended usage, more of a turnkey solution vs. getting tons of apps to make something perform. I am also not sure how I would adjust to a virtual keyboard, even with swype is a chore, I really am used to not having to look at a keyboard while typing all the time.

I guess I will either get another 9100 or a 9790 from cincinnati bell wireless and unlock it for tmo or just get a 9870 for the better battery from tmo or maybe look at the 9900.
    04-30-12 11:42 AM
    I am a 9100 / V5 user. Love the large keys and being able to type one handed if necessary. Mostly use it for email and cell - decent use of profiles / different notifications and love the simplicity of not drilling deep to get to settings and data. I do zero social networking, the only time I use the net is via google voice for a quick address or restaurant phone #. Love instant everything via BES.
    Some features have started to die on the phone, no more gps, no more uma (device is unlocked on tmo and via certificates I had this feature of almost 2 years) and I have always yearned for a better camera and turn-by-turn for travel in europe.

Enter the HTC One S using ice cream sandwich on TMO and I guess I should have known better as my galaxy tab just collects dust in a drawer. Most of my friends and colleagues have jumped ship long ago to either and iphone or an android device. I tried to find out detailed info about ICS but really did not have the time and figured nothing ventured, nothing gained; I will just switch sims and try the new device � if I hate it I will just return it.

Really one of the worst ideas I have had for a long time, I could not get into a store the next day fast enough to switch back to my 9100. The problem is multiple; from what I can tell ics does not have a feature set that relates to profiles � they have scenes that one can change but there is no quick and dirty widget that I could see to make it act close to a profile and if even if there were, well let�s just say it�s not the profile feature set like on the berry. After an unlock on my 9100 I can swing up to the left side and just pick from any number of predefined profiles � I like to keep the device next to me in bed just set on vibrate so I don�t have to check outlook all the time and interrupt working on other things and bug my gf next to me. I like several short vibrations for friends and different vibrations for work related contacts. In the car I like the phone and email notifications to be louder so I can hear it over music. I could go on and on, I like notifications and the ability to have detailed different t profiles.

On the HTC the first issue is that calls and email notifications can have different tones and such but it�s far more simplistic than the bb and the volume is linked together. Yes, you read it right � there is no way to have separate volumes. In addition there is no real way to vary the notifications much and even if its set to loud maybe equates to a 4 on my 9100 � on 10 my 9100 is really loud, I can hear it from quite a distance. I loaded it up with touchdown thinking it would give me more choices and options but it does not. I could not really use the device just based on the profile and notification deficiencies but there is more.

I like something that is very simple and fast to use � when my device is locked and I get an email, all I do is grab it, press a one handed unlock code and my messages are on the screen (simple black theme) Most devices other than BBs are larger, so hitting the power to fire up the screen, and then entering a code is not such an easy task + then you have to flip through screens that will have an email widget to view the unopened contacts or have the widget on the home screen. Ditto for making calls, there is just no way to one had this device � more people have the screen die quick to save battery so any task involves hitting the power button, which is also now harder to get to because of the protective case. ICS is a very loose os, stuff stays open, screens move around � it has the capacity to have lots of room for apps but I don�t use apps � I have an app to forward sms to email and berry weather and besides open table , wells fargo and google that is about it. I tried to remove all the options to make it more bb like and it�s still a mess imo. It�s hard to describe but the berry is just far simpler and straight-forward to make calls and to message on. I also take a lots of pictures for both work and food/wine labels and sending pics on a bb could not be easier, unless I am missing something or yet another widget there is no way to do it without several more steps on ics.
    The tmo network is plenty fast in my area, I am just outside beverly hills, but on 4G I had half the signal of my 3G 9100 and call quality was all over the place, it seems much better at first but then while driving down to orange county south of LA I lost calls and quality was hit or miss. The hotspot promised to be a nice addition � the idea of having more upload speeds for remote connections via RDP than starbucks was exciting, unfortunately like LTE hotspots if one establishes a remote session, then minimizes it, surfs and then comes back to the session it will often time out. It sometimes comes back but sometimes not � better than LTE which pretty much kills a remote connection but still far from perfect. Battery life was a concern, I am thinking 5 � 6 hours max based on my usage � I can take my 9100 off charge on Friday morning and it will still have juice Monday morning.

For people that do not care about profiles, notifications, messaging, batter life, cell usage, etc the HTC is nice � it�s a slick piece of hardware, the os is quick and apps are fast to launch and the internet and camera experience is excellent, but to me it�s just not detailed and simple enough to be treated as a business tool. I am a big believer in getting products that parallel ones intended usage, more of a turnkey solution vs. getting tons of apps to make something perform. I am also not sure how I would adjust to a virtual keyboard, even with swype is a chore, I really am used to not having to look at a keyboard while typing all the time.

I guess I will either get another 9100 or a 9790 from cincinnati bell wireless and unlock it for tmo or just get a 9870 for the better battery from tmo or maybe look at the 9900.
    I agree with you on your profile and LED points! I am obsessed with my BlackBerry for that. Even when it's on vibrate, it has different vibrates for each type of message (long for calls and Facebook, two short ones for BBM, 3 for a text, 10 short ones for an important text, etc.); and the LED is superb for notification. It'll usually last for 15-20 minutes; so I can always know if I got a message. And I use "Who Is It?" for colour LED; so when my brother texts me, I get his custom ringtone and this huge blue LED light - so I never miss a text from him lol. I also like how you can format the volume for different notifications; and how you can easily create and customize your own profile or grab a profile from the left and set it so vibrate or silent.

To be honest, I am intrigued by Android and sometimes wonder if I'll go to an LG Phoenix or maybe a Galaxy phone; but I keep hearing of the LED and how profiles aren't as easy to grab as on a BlackBerry (I'm not saying anything bad about Android - I love them!). So that keeps me thinking about BlackBerry. I love how I can be unique with it; and many of your points are resounding, especially about simply grabbing and unlocking your phone when you get an email.
    04-30-12 12:24 PM
    I just returned to the fold yesterday. I wrote up why in another thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7361487
    04-30-12 12:43 PM
    I agree with you on your profile and LED points! I am obsessed with my BlackBerry for that. Even when it's on vibrate, it has different vibrates for each type of message (long for calls and Facebook, two short ones for BBM, 3 for a text, 10 short ones for an important text, etc.); and the LED is superb for notification. It'll usually last for 15-20 minutes; so I can always know if I got a message. And I use "Who Is It?" for colour LED; so when my brother texts me, I get his custom ringtone and this huge blue LED light - so I never miss a text from him lol. I also like how you can format the volume for different notifications; and how you can easily create and customize your own profile or grab a profile from the left and set it so vibrate or silent.

To be honest, I am intrigued by Android and sometimes wonder if I'll go to an LG Phoenix or maybe a Galaxy phone; but I keep hearing of the LED and how profiles aren't as easy to grab as on a BlackBerry (I'm not saying anything bad about Android - I love them!). So that keeps me thinking about BlackBerry. I love how I can be unique with it; and many of your points are resounding, especially about simply grabbing and unlocking your phone when you get an email.
    Ha, forgot about the led, love that = no led on the htc! lol. I did not want to come off like I hate the device or ics, I think there are tons of people that will like it, I just think it does not suit my needs all that well - the notion of having to live with all the inadequacies of the unit and having to charge it all the time for tons of things I will seldom use just does not make sense in the big picture. Its also not a unit that one can just toss around, even the 9900 is much more pocket-able and easy to manipulate with one hand. If you wan to try one out fine - just send me your 9780!
    04-30-12 02:21 PM
    Ha, forgot about the led, love that = no led on the htc! lol. I did not want to come off like I hate the device or ics, I think there are tons of people that will like it, I just think it does not suit my needs all that well - the notion of having to live with all the inadequacies of the unit and having to charge it all the time for tons of things I will seldom use just does not make sense in the big picture. Its also not a unit that one can just toss around, even the 9900 is much more pocket-able and easy to manipulate with one hand. If you wan to try one out fine - just send me your 9780!
    Ironically, I was wondering how the HTC would fare in my hands (it looks so awesome!); but now that you've told me it has no LED... :|!! Lol. I'm very happy with my BlackBerry! I know you weren't coming off that way - but you have to use what is right for you! If that phone doesn't meet your needs, there is nothing wrong with that! I get your point! I NEED an LED! Lol, my 9780 is like an extended organ - I could never part with it! Imagine what the new BB10 phones will look like; coupled with the customizable profiles and LED!!
    04-30-12 03:16 PM
    Ironically, I was wondering how the HTC would fare in my hands (it looks so awesome!); but now that you've told me it has no LED... :|!! Lol. I'm very happy with my BlackBerry! I know you weren't coming off that way - but you have to use what is right for you! If that phone doesn't meet your needs, there is nothing wrong with that! I get your point! I NEED an LED! Lol, my 9780 is like an extended organ - I could never part with it! Imagine what the new BB10 phones will look like; coupled with the customizable profiles and LED!!
    honesty I feel like it was such a moronic move and wtf was I thinking that I was not going to even tell anyone about it lol. are you on a bes server and if so what is your battery life like?
    04-30-12 07:45 PM
    honesty I feel like it was such a moronic move and wtf was I thinking that I was not going to even tell anyone about it lol. are you on a bes server and if so what is your battery life like?
    Honestly, I really have no idea if I'm on a BES server... But either way my battery life is a bit different than most - I usually get between 12-16 hours of battery life in a day (but my battery will die at 20% left); so my device isn't a good model to judge battery life! Lol. But I've read posts from people who say their phones' battery ranges from my range to about 2 or 3 days... So you never know!
    04-30-12 10:28 PM
    Spent a few months with Android touchscreen device. Fast browser wowed me. PDFs opened nice and fast. But typing and other stupid things add up to reduce that benefit. Too big and heavy too. Man I missed the LED and easy typing and easy email reading. Missed easy note taking, calendar on home page, easy task creation, easy phone dialing/using... Got me a new 9780 again and wow, it's real good to be back home.
    05-01-12 12:19 AM
    A few weeks ago I just switched over from a Nokia E7 to a Blackberry Bold 9900. The E7 was generelly a decent device, especially the keyboard and the nice clear-black AMOLED screen.
    However it suffered from an input-lag when theres too much on the screen from the beginnig. Especially editing word documents or having long chat sessions were annoying.
    The latest update to Symbian Belle messed up the widgets, they're larger now, show less information and can't be themed.

So I was in for a change. Prior my decission I read the latest quarter report from RIM. I wouldn't say I was too surprised rather than sad, so I decided to support at least a bit and went on with selecting a Bold 9900 as my next device.

So far I like it a lot. The keyboard needs time getting used to, especially the german Umlaute, but it got better and better - and still is!
    Only thing I really miss after the switch is Nokia Maps. There is nothing which can compare of it and Nokia Maps just blows BB Maps out of the water. If BB Maps at least would offer offline maps like Nokia does. A Bold 9900 with Nokias mapping software would simply be the perfect device for me.
    05-01-12 09:46 AM
568 ... 910111213 ...