I think many people are finding that while it's not a shiny as others, it is a true workhorse. It is a business phone with unmatched messaging and security. And with Rim new venture to support other devices, a logical and pragmatic step.

GO RIM!
    11-30-11 10:19 AM
    Back on the Crackberry from iPhone land. Cannot be happier!
    12-03-11 02:21 PM
    Blackberry to HTC, hated every moment of it. 9900 just arrived.... Hoooo rahhh.
    12-05-11 09:35 AM
    Back on the Crackberry from iPhone land. Cannot be happier!
    What most resulted in your return? Thanks
    12-13-11 10:39 AM
    I think many people are finding that while it's not a shiny as others, it is a true workhorse. It is a business phone with unmatched messaging and security. And with Rim new venture to support other devices, a logical and pragmatic step.

GO RIM!
    Wow! What do you mean, rim to support other devices? Please explain.
    All the best
    Magician
    12-14-11 04:46 PM
    What most resulted in your return? Thanks
    For me it was the keyboard, organization and ease of use. I gave up a Bionic for the moment. That may end up being my travel phone though
    12-14-11 09:44 PM
    i came back a few weeks ago. had a BB phone long ago (click wheel) but i swutched to iPhone when it camw out and stayed there, im an apple tech so it made sence. but a few weeks ago i bought a playbook on sale and really liked it. my son always has our ipad 2 so i fugured the playbook would be my news reader, having no built in PIM i thought the browser was all i was really buying. boy, was i wrong. i fell in love with its size and portability, and with me being an audiophile the front facing stereo speakers are a big plus. then i joined the forums here and started to read about bridge and how cool it can be, i already had my playbook connected to my iphone for mobile internet but to have the 2 fully integrated so im not switching dvices all day sounded good. then i read about SMS bridge and i was sold. the thought of having all my comuntcation (minus phone) come through the playbook when in use was too much not to have and i decided to switch. when i thought about it there is reall no app on ios that i must have, airvideo would be nice but im sure a good streaming solution will come, if i have to write it myself i will.

so, i bought a cheap curve 3g as a test, just to be sure and i was in love. not with the curve, althouh its an ok phone but i was in love with the BB & PB combo, so amazng. so i sold the iphone and bought a Torch 9860, thinking i didnt like the curve keyboard so i would go wihh the touch screen. well, maybe that wasnt the best idea as i have now tried and fell in love with the bold 9900 keyboard and when u have a Playbook its all the touch screen u need. so now ill trade my 9860 for a 9900 and become super happy blackberry guy.

thanks for reading, be cool.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 12-17-11 at 05:40 PM.
    12-17-11 05:38 PM
    New crackberry convert here. Got my first blackberry about half a year ago, a bold 9000. Got it simply because my work environment requires a non camera phone and it was the only decent non camera phone i could find. At first i thought it'd just be a temporary phone until my contract with the company ends, but i ended up liking it so much. it was just so easy to use. I'm a heavy communicator so the bold fits nicely into my life.

I previously used a Sony ericsson m600i because it's non camera too and prior to that i was on an iphone 3G. The iPhone of course fitted well into my previous job as a retail advisor for an Apple authorized retailer, and all my macs. But somehow i found myself preferring the blackberry to the iPhone now.

my sister who was using an iPhone previously too ditched it for a bold 9000 after playing around with mine. she is now happily rocking a 9810.

i guess its all about what you use the phone mainly for. Some may prefer having games and lots of apps on their phone, while some might just want a reliable phone that is good for communication.

Now a happy user on a bold 9900 and a playbook. i'll be even happier once OS 7.1 and playbook os 2.0 goes official.
    12-17-11 06:51 PM
    I switched back from Iphone 3G, phone was so slow so I buyed new one and it turns out to be BB 9360, i had 8900 few years ago but my carrier didn't have BIS/BES those days.
    12-18-11 08:40 AM
    I am back home. After spending what seemed like a eternity with the Droid. I am finally back and it feels so good. This girl always knew Blackberry was her one and only.
    12-18-11 10:17 AM
    Hello everyone,

After a three month trial with a Samsung Galaxy S2 (which was my first smart phone), I have finally decided to hop on the Blackberry train. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Galaxy S2! The phone was very sleek and sexy (and very customizable!), but I felt uncomfortable with the lack of a physical keyboard. Even after three months of use (and over 1200 text messages), I decided that I wanted to try a Blackberry!

I am now a happy owner of a Bold 9900! It was hard getting used to a Blackberry, but now feel pretty comfortable navigating through the interface. Anyways, I can't wait until I make the phone more customized to my taste.
    12-18-11 08:14 PM
    Just bought the 9900 Last week. best communicator I have ever had. Left Android, HTC Desire, Which is a great phone, but like everyone else says once you use the apps for a few weeks the fun wears off.. Once the fun wears off all your left with is a horrible auto correcting on screen keyboard and bad battery life.
    12-19-11 01:06 AM
    After almost 13 months of having an Iphone4, I'm back with the blackberry family and rockin' my bold 9900!!
    12-22-11 06:57 AM
    re-appreciating the no nonsense business ready solid platform that built the blackberry reputation
    I hear this alot from my BB using friends when they explain why they use BB instead of iPhone. I'm curious though, what makes iPhone/iOS or Droid not a "no nonsense business ready solid platform?"

Not trying to troll here, I'm just genuinely interested in your opinion. Maybe you'll convince me to switch back
    12-22-11 10:20 AM
    Never used an Android or iPhone and probably would not. The MAIN reasons that I am aware of in this order are:

Tactile keyboard, which is better for me to send type on, especially if I am sending long emails and I do.

BBM -fast, cheap. When I travel outside of the country it is great for staying in touch. I can also set up groups -social and work. And everyone is part of what is happening. I don't really know enough about the other platforms, but for me, these are the two big ones for Blackberry.

To be honest, I also see the others as being toys and probably would not think anyone using them is really serious. Just a prejudice, but then the others will have the same prejudice about me.
    12-23-11 09:32 AM
    Never used an Android or iPhone and probably would not. The MAIN reasons that I am aware of in this order are:

Tactile keyboard, which is better for me to send type on, especially if I am sending long emails and I do.

BBM -fast, cheap. When I travel outside of the country it is great for staying in touch. I can also set up groups -social and work. And everyone is part of what is happening. I don't really know enough about the other platforms, but for me, these are the two big ones for Blackberry.

To be honest, I also see the others as being toys and probably would not think anyone using them is really serious. Just a prejudice, but then the others will have the same prejudice about me.
    1. The droid I use (Droid Pro) has a great - physical - keyboard.

2. BBM? Really? I don't know anyone (and I've checked ) who uses BBM. Facebook, IM, e-mail, text msg.... BBM is about as relevant as a rotary phone lol.

3. Toys? I have zero games on my phone. What I do have is a kick-arse computer/internet tool that rides in my pocket. Accessing web pages, maping, etc...on the BB absolutely sucks at best.

A few additional comments....
    The 12 minute shut-down/re-boot on the BB for every software upgrade and those stupid battery pulls is enough to put even the sanest over the edge. I have a - nearly band new - 9650 sitting in my closest; none of three kids want anything to do with it lol.

It's too bad, really. The BB's were all that and more (emphasis on "were"). I mean, having a Walkman used to be pretty too.
    12-23-11 11:06 AM

2. BBM? Really? I don't know anyone (and I've checked ) who uses BBM. Facebook, IM, e-mail, text msg.... BBM is about as relevant as a rotary phone lol.

3. Toys? I have zero games on my phone. What I do have is a kick-arse computer/internet tool that rides in my pocket. Accessing web pages, maping, etc...on the BB absolutely sucks at best.

The 12 minute shut-down/re-boot on the BB for every software upgrade and those stupid battery pulls is enough to put even the sanest over the edge. I have a - nearly band new - 9650 sitting in my closest; none of three kids want anything to do with it lol.

It's too bad, really. The BB's were all that and more (emphasis on "were"). I mean, having a Walkman used to be pretty too.
    Your blackberry experience is outdated. The droid pro has uneven weight distribution and is awkward to type on in my opinion.
    12-23-11 11:15 AM
    Your blackberry experience is outdated. The droid pro has uneven weight distribution and is awkward to type on in my opinion.
    My Walkman experience is outdated too - but I'm over it

I've heard this "uneven weight distribution" comment before. I've been using mine for 6 months and haven't found that yet.
    12-23-11 11:25 AM
    I hear this alot from my BB using friends when they explain why they use BB instead of iPhone. I'm curious though, what makes iPhone/iOS or Droid not a "no nonsense business ready solid platform?"

Not trying to troll here, I'm just genuinely interested in your opinion. Maybe you'll convince me to switch back

What makes it a no nonsense business ready device is that the BlackBerry is made to read your emails, and respond to them, there is a multitude of short cuts, the emails get stripped of junk, formatting and just display the "meat" of the email,

The devices are historically well built, low cost, and versatile for various environments, battery replacements are quick and easy, and batteries are easy to find.
    You open the device and you start using it, there is no app hunting to make it functional

Both Android and iPhone have the potential to be better for many business users than BlackBerry's are, but usually the set up for that to happen is much greater finding those perfect apps and in many cases buying them, For travelers who require the same phone number while they travel and can't switch SIM's the BlackBerry offers greater data savings over the other 2 platforms making this attractive as a fleet business phone.
    12-23-11 11:25 AM

1: You Can't be serious? the Droid Pro? I have used it. the Keyboard is adiquet at best, a step up in quality from the Motorola Q, but no where near the feedback that the BlackBerry Keyboard has.
    in addition the number placement is poor for phone use, not being in a traditional pattern, it makes it more challenging to use 1 handed, the keys come to low on the device for extended use, found it uncomfortable before the 1000th word typed.
    The Balance was comparable to the Torch, for 1 handed use it was a challenge for long periods but was not noticeable for 2 handed use

2: BBM? Well YOU may no know many people, which is fair since you're no longer using a BlackBerry, on my Business only BlackBerry I have 38 Business ONLY contacts, and on my personal BlackBerry which I use for a second business as well as personal I have 22 Business, 7 family, 108 Personal, so BBM is still relevant in some circles, and has resulted in me getting business leads from other users

3: You haven't use a BBOS7 device I suspect, I would agree my BBOS5 devices certainly couldn't surf the net well, my BBOS6 device was tolerable, but I am quick and enjoy the BBOS7 web experiences with the exception of not having a few plugin's I have on my desktop that I do with I had on my Phone

I'll admit the once every 2 or so Weeks I need to reboot my 9900 takes between 3-6 minutes,
    12-23-11 11:35 AM

You're joking, right? No one uses BBM? I may be a luddite, but I can assure you that there are pobably close to 50 million people using BBM and there is a reason for it. Travelling to India frequently as I do allows me to quickly and cheaply communicate with home office.

Like I said, it seems to me more of a toy and when I see people with them I just think they are not really communicators. It is pretty hard to type on most of them. The iPhone especially is said the be really difficult. I am happy with the BB and am going to upgrade to a Bold 9900. Combined with my Playbook, it will be an awsome combination.
    12-23-11 12:04 PM
    So these BBM contacts can't use email/text/IM/Facbook/whatever? Since BBM can only be used on the RIM platform, aren't you really handicapping yourself? One of my best friends (a VP for Hilton Worldwide) - never spend more than a week at a time in the states - uses an Iphone. Again, I have a fairly large network of work/personal contacts, and I know absolutely nobody who uses BBM (and I work in a HUGE corporation that uses BB's as the company device). To each his own - that's what makes things fun. I'm sure you can even find a small network of folks who still use CB radios .

Regarding the Droid Pro keyboard, I think it's fine.
    12-23-11 12:50 PM
    So these BBM contacts can't use email/text/IM/Facbook/whatever? Since BBM can only be used on the RIM platform, aren't you really handicapping yourself? One of my best friends (a VP for Hilton Worldwide) - never spend more than a week at a time in the states - uses an Iphone. Again, I have a fairly large network of work/personal contacts, and I know absolutely nobody who uses BBM (and I work in a HUGE corporation that uses BB's as the company device). To each his own - that's what makes things fun. I'm sure you can even find a small network of folks who still use CB radios .

Regarding the Droid Pro keyboard, I think it's fine.

Once again to each their own with the Keyboard, I could not bare to use it, but my life is single hand use while on the go, emails / phone calls / BBM

Yes these BBM contacts use other means
    SMS costs upwards $10/day to use when traveling
    Facebook I do not use, nor would I connect it with my business
    IM apps are not universal, BBM is universal for BlackBerry, and the Bulk of my business contacts and personal contacts are on blackBerry so why not use the best, more cost efficient service, that include voice notes group chats and integration with other apps
    email: Well I can average 100 emails a day requiring my attention and 30-40 open BBM conversations, I would NOT want my inbox full of the conversations sent via BBM through email nor do the location sharing services work via email that work through BBM

Your company IT department is to blame if your company is not using BBM, BBM groups can be such a valuable tool, BBM intercommunication free's up email infrastructure, reduces time spent on interoffice emails which have shown to greatly reduce productivity, and the costs associated with SMS plans vs the use of BBM means they didn't crunch the numbers for internal use.
    12-23-11 01:58 PM
    Once again to each their own with the Keyboard, I could not bare to use it, but my life is single hand use while on the go, emails / phone calls / BBM

Yes these BBM contacts use other means
    SMS costs upwards $10/day to use when traveling
    Facebook I do not use, nor would I connect it with my business
    IM apps are not universal, BBM is universal for BlackBerry, and the Bulk of my business contacts and personal contacts are on blackBerry so why not use the best, more cost efficient service, that include voice notes group chats and integration with other apps
    email: Well I can average 100 emails a day requiring my attention and 30-40 open BBM conversations, I would NOT want my inbox full of the conversations sent via BBM through email nor do the location sharing services work via email that work through BBM

Your company IT department is to blame if your company is not using BBM, BBM groups can be such a valuable tool, BBM intercommunication free's up email infrastructure, reduces time spent on interoffice emails which have shown to greatly reduce productivity, and the costs associated with SMS plans vs the use of BBM means they didn't crunch the numbers for internal use.
    Huh, well maybe you should head into Boeing and tell them how to run their IT department lol...

Sorry man, we use e-mail....like the rest of the world. Plus, we typically always have our laptops with us, so IM on a laptop hicks booty over BBM on a BB.

I just think it's funny that, of the BB users I know (and they are a dying breed - in my circle at least), absolutely NOBODY uses BBM. That's why I always chuckle when BB enthusiast tout BBM as a big reason for sticking with the BB. Really, that is the ONLY thing that BB has that the others don't. And for everyone I know....who cares is the response

At any rate, enjoy your Blackberry; I'm glad to hear that OS7 offers large improvements over OS6. It would be cool to see Blackberry get it together and regain their dominance. For me, right now, the BB's will not be a part of my 5-phone mobile plan (just Droids and Iphones in this house).
    12-24-11 10:36 AM
    I would be so happy if I could make up my mind! I change the phones on my line so often that I expect that the Verizon billing computers will implode some day while trying to calculate my bill! I have a 9650 which I love, and I am anxiously waiting for the new Bold Touch. If it is as good as it appears that it will be, I will pay retail for it. I also have an iPhone 4 and an HTC Incredible. I absolutely love both of those phones as well. I wish I could be monogamous as far as my phones are concerned because it would be much simpler to use just one phone, but how would I ever chose ??? Does anyone else go thru this? It would be comforting to know that I'm not alone in this phone-fest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The great thing is you don't have to make up your mind. Anyone who isn't open to the possibility of trying different things based on their needs (not misplaced loyalty) is doing themselves a disservice.
    12-24-11 10:44 AM
568 ... 56789 ...