Hi guys,

I am new to this forum so please be gentle! If I posted this in the wrong section, feel free to move it around.

I currently own an HTC EVO 4G and I am about a month away from an upgrade. The EVO was my first smart phone, so it was an interesting experience. I really miss a physical keyboard, so I have been researching BlackBerries. I stumbled upon the BlackBerry 9900 series and I was VERY impressed. Through my friends and the media, I have always heard how terrible BlackBerries were; however, my initial impression of the Bold is that it is a very good phone! I was extremely impressed with the fluidity and speed that was lacking from the older models. The browser looks usable, enjoyable, and competitive with the two powerhouses.

I pretty much have my mind set on getting the Bold in a few months, but I recently found out BB 10 might be coming out later this year! I have heard some really wonderful things about the capabilities of BB 10, but there hasn't been very much information on it--that I've been able to find-- and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find this information?

For example, does anyone know if the Bold 9000 will be able to upgrade to BB 10? Will there be a new Bold released with BB 10? In other words, is it worth buying the Bold now or should I just wait for BB 10? FYI, I am fine with my EVO for a couple of more months (I lived with it for about two years now).

I know you probably don't know the answers to my questions, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Thanks!
    03-01-12 10:08 PM
    There is no upgrade path from current BBOS7 phones to the new BB10... Hardware in current phones not fast enough for new BB10 OS......
    03-01-12 10:15 PM
    BB10 phones are expected somewhere around September. They're going to be excellent next-gen phones.

So far it looks like the first BB10 phone will be all touch. It's up to speculation if slider and full qwerty keyboard phones will follow at some later date or if all three will launch at the same time...

The 9900 is an excellent phone. It won't get the BB10 OS upgrade but OS7 will still be supported after BB10 launches.

You could pair the 9900 with a playbook. The playbook is running the QNX OS that BB10 phones will use.

Go to a store where you can try the 9900 and the playbook. The playbook is basically what BB10 will be like
    03-01-12 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD