Market leaders define what the market gets and has. That's why I stated "consumers", not market.
    And you can't equate VHS (and I suppose BetaMAX, dvd, and blue ray) to BB10 versus iOS versus Android.
    If anything BB10 was ahead of all the rest. It was a choice, just as I choose not to drive the most popular
    cars out Today, but rather the one I want with the features that I agree with.

Unfortunately, some fail to see the reason and benefits of this and fall back on emotionally stating emotions as
    a reason that consumers prefer one platform over another, when the real reasons include - communication
    application integration, one-handed use, true-multitasking, fine-grained application access control, easy cloning
    and migration from one handset to another, without giving my data to someone's cloud . On screensize; the
    larger the screen, the better the chance of you breaking your phone and replacing it. The rate is 1/3 of
    smartphone users break their devices within the first year. Blackberries were more durable, but that does not
    sell well year over year. So if you have to replace your phone at a higher rate, how is that "better"
    Got any real evidence that today's BlackBerries are more durable?

The phone I ended up with Droid Turbo 2... selling feature is that the screen is shatterproof - guaranteed for two years (not why I bought it). Durability does sell, if it can be proven. The problem BlackBerry is most of the sites that really track customer satisfaction (like JD Powers)... don't separate the hardware vs the software when a device is ranked low. And sites like CrackBerry are full of double typing, screen lifting, overheating problems - that's why people come here. But it gives a skewed picture (maybe) of the quality coming out of these new partnership in manufacturing.

As for giving info to someone's cloud... I tried to help a number of people that would be very happy to know there was a BlackBerry Cloud that had backed up all their info when their phone had crashed. You see some people in this world don't us a PC on a regular bases, might not even own one personally.
    06-23-16 04:02 PM
    Can buy what you don't know exists

#luvmybb10os
    Huh? Many went FROM BB to something else.
    06-23-16 05:05 PM
    Market leaders define what the market gets and has. That's why I stated "consumers", not market.
    And you can't equate VHS (and I suppose BetaMAX, dvd, and blue ray) to BB10 versus iOS versus Android.
    If anything BB10 was ahead of all the rest. It was a choice, just as I choose not to drive the most popular

Unfortunately, some fail to see the reason and benefits of this and fall back on emotionally stating emotions as
    a reason that consumers prefer one platform over another, when the real reasons include - communication
    application integration, one-handed use, true-multitasking, fine-grained application access control, easy cloning
    and migration from one handset to another, without giving my data to someone's cloud . On screensize; the
    larger the screen, the better the chance of you breaking your phone and replacing it. The rate is 1/3 of
    smartphone users break their devices within the first year. Blackberries were more durable, but that does not
    sell well year over year. So if you have to replace your phone at a higher rate, how is that "better"
    I don't even know what you are arguing. In baseball the goal is more runs than the other guy. In business it's more sales. How's that working out?
    06-23-16 05:07 PM
    It is just that some of us don't need thousands of apps and games on a smartphone. Some of us actually use the BlackBerry for business purposes only. The BB10 s serve the purpose.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 05:44 PM
    I don't even know what you are arguing. In baseball the goal is more runs than the other guy. In business it's more sales. How's that working out?
    I don't work for BlackBerry and could not care less about their sales. I do like BB10 though just as I'm more fond of WebOS than what's out now. In the same sense, many Android users like the os and not necessarily any manufacturer. They have the benefit of adoption.

Now, from a sales standpoint, sure if there is a flaw that can guarantee that those who buy a platform will have a failure in some way within a timeframe, some might ensure it gets engineered that way. Are you arguing that as long as it's good for short term revenue, no matter how shady, it's a good business practice?

I only have two blackberries. A 9900 and a q10. Pulled the 4 year 9900 out and it still works just as well as when I switched. But note, web apis change and the same sites I used to be able to frequent are coded to work with a current set of known browsers.
    Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 06:05 PM

Well my spouse bought her iPhone because she already had a iPad and was comfortable with the OS. She loves her face time app. No leaving iOS for her. For myself , I needed Google maps . So yes we all have our reasons. No we have not broken any phones.
    06-23-16 06:31 PM
    Don't you find it kind of amusing that, the conference call video doesn't work on BB10 devices but works flawlessly on The Priv!
    Mecca EL and web99 like this.
    06-23-16 08:03 PM
    Enough arguing. So who's the winner then...? :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    BB10 for sure you guys. Thread's over. We winz
    06-23-16 10:12 PM
    Google and Apple.....

Those losers are BlackBerry lovers... BBOS users, PlayBook users, BB10 users and now the BlackBerry Android users.
    Thanks for reminding us... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-24-16 04:56 AM
    Agreed but you don't have to be so bitchy about people who want apps

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 12:59 AM
    I think the team the created OS10 was fired long ago so no hope to see it again.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 01:02 AM
    I feel the argument is neither here nor there. Blackberry moving to android was a sell out. Blackberry had been an identity and a stand alone brand in itself. Like Apple. Can you imagine an Apple android phone? Apples singularity is what made it what it is. AND what made blackberry what it used to be.

Now this whole android thing is just making it like any other phone, but decades behind the rest.
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    06-25-16 01:12 AM
    I feel the argument is neither here nor there. Blackberry moving to android was a sell out. Blackberry had been an identity and a stand alone brand in itself. Like Apple. Can you imagine an Apple android phone? Apples singularity is what made it what it is. AND what made blackberry what it used to be.

Now this whole android thing is just making it like any other phone, but decades behind the rest.
    Its a standout, but what's your solution when it comes to Apps?.. You can't sell a phone these days without giving the masses all the apps they need.. Shall we kidnap developers and threaten them to develop BB10 apps xD?
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-25-16 01:15 AM
    remember how the CIA gets its job done? the problem blackberry has is that there is no incentive for developers. They want to keep everything in house. Create a platform that invites developers from ANYWHERE to innovate and come up with the next big thing. Give them a challenge
    06-25-16 01:21 AM
    Although the kidnapping bit does sound fun
    Sairos likes this.
    06-25-16 01:21 AM
    Its a standout, but what's your solution when it comes to Apps?.. You can't sell a phone these days without giving the masses all the apps they need.. Shall we kidnap developers and threaten them to develop BB10 apps xD?
    I agree, I don't think they had much of a choice, though you could argue they should have done it sooner. Not sure if that would have helped or not.
    Sairos likes this.
    06-25-16 06:34 AM

Perfect post!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    06-27-16 12:18 PM
    I agree, I don't think they had much of a choice, though you could argue they should have done it sooner. Not sure if that would have helped or not.
    Yeah, should have done it sooner. Or they shouldn't have done it at all. The Priv has had worse sales with more advertising and availability than the Passport I understand. Is it true the the Passport initially sold quicker than the Priv?

Anyway, handset sales are down again, so Android has been of no benefit.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 06:49 PM
    Yeah, should have done it sooner. The Priv has had worse sales with more advertising and availability than the Passport I understand. Is it true the the Passport initially sold quicker than the Priv?

Anyway, handset sales are down again, so Android has been of no benefit.

Posted via CB10
    As Blackberry has regularly declined, any handset they make is going to be a failure. If they had gone Android a few years ago they may have had a chance. Now it's like betting Trumps not going to say something stupid.
    06-27-16 06:53 PM
    Well stated!

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    06-27-16 08:07 PM
    It is just that some of us don't need thousands of apps and games on a smartphone. Some of us actually use the BlackBerry for business purposes only. The BB10 s serve the purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe not thousands but a few solid apps we would like with our 500.00 plus 2016 smartphone and a few updates would be nice to keep everything running proper .
    06-28-16 06:14 AM
    Funny thing is I really have no disappointments with any of my favorite BlackBerry devices. If an application doesn't work, oh well I'll find another has been my reaction but when you point out the cost (mine $649.99) with AT&T and it being 2016 I suppose I see that differently now. Thanks.
    06-28-16 07:28 AM
    Everyone has an opinion- whether good or bad towards the two platforms. While I still root for the home team (BlackBerry), I moved on to Android. I could say a lot more, but, it wouldn't be any different than what has been posted over and over again. We've pointed out what we see as mistakes, bad management decisions, etc,... Anyway, I'm over it. Still wish them the best. Will I ever buy another BlackBerry? Depends. As far as the forums, some people are just going to argue/debate no matter what or how simple. LOL.
    06-28-16 02:32 PM
    I'm using the Insider Release Ring, which seems to be the most stable version they release.The Fast and Slow rings are prone to having more bugs but get features first. With this, I can say that it has been very stable on my 830 and battery life is still excellent. I like that Facebook Inc has made their own app, which currently is in Beta (the Microsoft version is missing a few things), and how it has a native FB messenger app. The email app (Outlook) has my 3 main accounts linked into one inbox and works great. I would probably say that my most favorite thing about W10 is the live tiles. I had Windows Phone 8.1 and loved the interface of the tiles, but on W10 you can set them to be more transparent and have a full screen wallpaper show below them. I just really like the way it looks. As for functions, most of the apps I use on all other devices are on W10. Google apps aren't available (except Google Search) so for Youtube I have different apps. Instagram is native and finally out of Beta. W10 is still missing certain things, but overall the experience has been pleasant. The only thing I notice missing while I use my 830, is gif support. It's almost non-existent. In messenger they show up as images, in other apps they open the web browser and that really annoys me. That's basically it for my usage and the Gif thing isn't something that's really driving me away from W10.
    Just a heads up, the Messenger app now supports gifs, it works pretty similar to the iOS app. Might be ported over?
    06-30-16 11:41 AM

I agree that BlackBerry had been an identity on its own, and should have stayed that way. The android thing on the other hand ain't making it like any other phone it's killing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus likes this.
    06-30-16 12:09 PM
142 ... 3456