Get what you want and be happy.
    NO. No, it just can't be so... simple!!

Oh. Well... maybe it can. In any case, you should start a thread based on that assertion so we can argue about it.
    Sairos and anon(6038817) like this.
    06-22-16 12:53 PM
    Blackberry failed to launch an advertising campaign when bb10 and smartphones period were launched. Had they you would see a lot more berries around. I also see blackberrys view too, they aim at a higher clientele. And they arent going android because of the apps, i get 99% of them on my z10. Android is like having the fisher price of OS, its what everyone learns on. The hardware in my z10 still outmatches the basic of new android phones. Blackberry going Android to me is punishment for not pushing bb10 hard and competitive enough. So as far as the Android/bb10 battle just install Cobalt, run Android and love them both
    I have to respectfully disagree with a lot of this.
    They did advertise when Bb10 came out, even a superbowl ad.
    They are not going for a higher clientele. They are going for more clientele.
    They are going Android for the apps. Without work arounds.
    Android is an advanced OS that outlasted BB10.

These are just my opinions of course.
    How does Win10 compare to the others?
    pantlesspenguin and Mecca EL like this.
    06-22-16 12:53 PM
    i would not put money on that, windows 10 mobile will be around next year will Blackberry?.
    Yeah I never put my money on BlackBerry.. Just the products.. However I do think that the odds of both OSs going extinct are equal.. But they'll make it to next year.. Its just 6 months anyway.
    06-22-16 12:59 PM
    I have to respectfully disagree with a lot of this.
    They did advertise when Bb10 came out, even a superbowl ad.
    They are not going for a higher clientele. They are going for more clientele.
    They are going Android for the apps. Without work arounds.

These are just my opinions of course.
    A Proper example of how to present a counter argument..

I agree that they're going for more clientele.. Corporations and Business savvy Clientele but Not entertainment-focused customers..
    06-22-16 01:21 PM
    A Proper example of how to present a counter argument..

I agree that they're going for more clientele.. Corporations and Business savvy Clientele but Not entertainment-focused customers..
    Well, they've always gone for the business clientele. Don't you think, with Android, they're reaching for a wider variety of clientele though?
    06-22-16 01:46 PM
    I'd say that BB10 had potential to be the best OS.... but without developer support and good hardware, it was doomed. Many may want to argug about it's greatness, how much they love it and how it still gets the job done for them.

It's clear that the market and even BlackBerry have moved on....

It's kinda like arguing over World War II and how great German engineering was.... doesn't change the fact that they lost. /Scary what might have happened if they had a few more months)
    New York would be destroyed by an A-Bomb.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10 #LoveHelloGames #NoMansSky
    06-22-16 02:06 PM
    I used BB and BB10 up until last month. Switched to BB Priv from a Passport. The PKB on the Passport was much better than the PRIV. The PRIV feels cramped even more so than BBOS 7 phones.

I am kind of shocked after using Android for about a month that this OS is kicking BB10's arse. It's a JOKE of an operating system. It's not fluid, it's not elegant, it's not all that intuitive. BB10 has Peek and Flow, Android doesn't and it makes the OS cumbersome.

Sure you got apps but as soon as you load more than 5 or 6 of them on your phone your Battery takes a huge dump.

Android is a mobile toy. BB10 is a mobile productivity device.

The fact is if you could get Netflix, Instagram, [insert wildly popular Android app here] on BB10 none of us would be using the PRIV.
    acovey likes this.
    06-22-16 02:58 PM
    Advanced OS? It feels like it's Jerry rigged and many features feel like after thoughts. BB10 was the advanced OS, just didn't have tons of App support behind it.
    Bluenoser63 and acovey like this.
    06-22-16 03:00 PM
    Well, they've always gone for the business clientele. Don't you think, with Android, they're reaching for a wider variety of clientele though?
    Yes I agree, even the business clientele want to play with apps.. So it was the right move.. Just not properly executed.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-22-16 03:12 PM
    Yeah I never put my money on BlackBerry.. Just the products.. However I do think that the odds of both OSs going extinct are equal.. But they'll make it to next year.. Its just 6 months anyway.
    Windows 10 on phones isn't going anywhere its developed right along side Windows 10 even the version numbers are parallel. If windows 10 mobile is dead then it means windows 10 is dead . Its not going anywhere . The same can not be said for BB10.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-22-16 03:18 PM
    Windows 10 on phones isn't going anywhere its developed right along side Windows 10 even the version numbers are parallel. If windows 10 mobile is dead then it means windows 10 is dead . Its not going anywhere . The same can not be said for BB10.
    They won't keep making devices for the fun of it though. They are already below 0.7% share, and are losing a fortune.
    Sairos likes this.
    06-22-16 03:24 PM
    If Windows 10 mobile is dead that doesn't mean Windows 10 is dead. Windows 10 is fairly popular, Windows 10 mobile is practically dead. Isn't MS releasing Android Phones now?
    Sairos likes this.
    06-22-16 03:25 PM
    No one is buying the phones, The Nokia brand will be coming back soon with Android.. Microsoft won't be releasing many phones in the future because they're not selling.. Only handful of other companies are releasing win 10 mobile, like HP's Elite x3 and so on..

Win 10 has a future in PC and tablets but not phones...

If Windows 10 mobile is dead that doesn't mean Windows 10 is dead. Windows 10 is fairly popular, Windows 10 mobile is practically dead. Isn't MS releasing Android Phones now?
    Yeah that was my point.. I don't know how if "Windows 10 mobile is dead then windows 10 is dead".. Win 10 can continue in PCs, but it doesn't have any future in Phones.. Who will release Windows Phones?.. Its barely selling.. Microsoft wrote off the whole Nokia deal as a loss..
    06-22-16 03:31 PM
    The thing is that both sides are in the same boat despite being on opposite ends of this argument. BB10 has failed but BlackBerry's Android attempts have also failed. No matter the side you are on. We're all fighting to hold onto devices that may not have much of a future.

That alone should be reason enough not to fight.
    06-22-16 03:39 PM
    I used BB and BB10 up until last month. Switched to BB Priv from a Passport. The PKB on the Passport was much better than the PRIV. The PRIV feels cramped even more so than BBOS 7 phones.

I am kind of shocked after using Android for about a month that this OS is kicking BB10's arse. It's a JOKE of an operating system. It's not fluid, it's not elegant, it's not all that intuitive. BB10 has Peek and Flow, Android doesn't and it makes the OS cumbersome.

Sure you got apps but as soon as you load more than 5 or 6 of them on your phone your Battery takes a huge dump.

Android is a mobile toy. BB10 is a mobile productivity device.

The fact is if you could get Netflix, Instagram, [insert wildly popular Android app here] on BB10 none of us would be using the PRIV.

I can see why a person would like a Q10, 9900, Classic and even the too wide Passport. But BB10 is just an incomplete phone operating system with no ecosystem.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-22-16 04:39 PM
    Android is the best Mobile OS...for Android users.

BB10 is the best Mobile OS...for BB10 users.

Most users in these forums know what they want and need, and make their decisions based upon their respective use cases.

Arguing that other people should do the same thing you do is what my 6 year child does.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 05:55 PM
    I've played around with a Windows phone as a primary for a few months and aside from the constant ribbing from my co-workers, it was not an unpleasant experience! If I had to go with one, it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-22-16 06:27 PM
    Who's arguing?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-22-16 07:01 PM
    Yup, that was the break for sure. I don't think BlackBerry lovers (like me) hate Android as much as we sometimes seem. It's just we genuinely prefer BBOS and BB10 over Android and iOS. Some people can't understand why we cling to a product that most people believe is extinct. I was at the Verizon store not long ago and spent over an hour checking out phones. When I left without upgrading the customer rep thought I was crazy. My friends and family think I'm holding out just to be different. Yeah right. I don't need to prove some point.

I genuinely prefer BlackBerry 10 over Android and iOS.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    Pragmatism sometimes has to supersede passion. As a BlackBerry user since BBOS4 I understand the passions on both sides of the discussion. I have been using a BlackBerry Priv since November 2015. I miss a few BlackBerry 10 features, maybe they will eventually show up in BlackBerry Android.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    06-22-16 07:16 PM
    I think BlackBerry users are getting frustrated that there is no BlackBerry 10 handset releasing
    And only android devices being released

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    06-22-16 07:30 PM
    Polt's back! The BlackBerry pessimist!

Posted via Overheating Z10
    So i do have a reputation around here. LOL
    06-22-16 07:50 PM
    BB10 was and still is a great OS, but I fail to see how a BlackBerry with Android is any less of a BlackBerry. Just different.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    06-22-16 07:53 PM
    No one is buying the phones, The Nokia brand will be coming back soon with Android.. Microsoft won't be releasing many phones in the future because they're not selling.. Only handful of other companies are releasing win 10 mobile, like HP's Elite x3 and so on..

Win 10 has a future in PC and tablets but not phones...

Yeah that was my point.. I don't know how if "Windows 10 mobile is dead then windows 10 is dead".. Win 10 can continue in PCs, but it doesn't have any future in Phones.. Who will release Windows Phones?.. Its barely selling.. Microsoft wrote off the whole Nokia deal as a loss..
    Microsoft is using the same code for phones. There is very little development cost to port the code to the phones they are developed side by side, feature parallel. Microsoft has said for a few years now they are only making phones for enthusiasts.They are relying on 3rd party oems like HP, Nuans, Acer, and Viao to build the hardware for the masses. Microsofts role hardware wise will be to inspire oems to step up like the Surface has done for 2 in 1s . There may come a day when Microsoft doesn't build a windows phone ,but there will be other oems filling the gap.
    Last edited by keithhackneysmullet; 06-22-16 at 09:20 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-22-16 09:03 PM
    I'd say that BB10 had potential to be the best OS.... but without developer support and good hardware, it was doomed. Many may want to argug about it's greatness, how much they love it and how it still gets the job done for them.

It's clear that the market and even BlackBerry have moved on....

It's kinda like arguing over World War II and how great German engineering was.... doesn't change the fact that they lost. (Scary what might have happened if they had a few more months)
    Great engineering in some areas. Germany produced rockets and jets, but had great difficulty building a four-engine bomber.
    06-22-16 09:37 PM
    Microsoft is using the same code for phones. There is very little development cost to port the code to the phones they are developed side by side, feature parallel. Microsoft has said for a few years now they are only making phones for enthusiasts.They are relying on 3rd party oems like HP, Nuans, Acer, and Viao to build the hardware for the masses. Microsofts role hardware wise will be to inspire oems to step up like the Surface has done for 2 in 1s . There may come a day when Microsoft doesn't build a windows phone ,but there will be other oems filling the gap.
    Your opinion of things.. Companies don't want to lose money.. and I STRONGLY DISAGREE with "Microsoft has said for a few years now they are only making phones for enthusiasts".. Companies don't have hobbies.. They don't do things for fun, They do it for profitability.. If it's not making money.. It'll get killed..

The fact that you say Microsoft makes Phones for enthusiasts is a disaster.. They forked 7 Billion dollars on Nokia for enthusiasts?.. The Shareholders would have probably massacred them.. haha..You think they're running a comic shop or what.. They wrote off $7.6 Billion as a loss.. 7,800 Job Cuts.. That's how Microsoft miserably failed!!

There is very little development cost for the software.. But what about the Hardware? Currently Microsoft is the leading company releasing the Phones.. All the other companies throw one windows phone here and there.. Doesn't get sold.. Gets branded a failure and thats it.. No one even hears about them.

Windows Mobile is a dead man walking. They'll release whatever they'll release.. No one is buying..
    06-22-16 09:50 PM
142 12345 ...