I was hoping that someone would be able to answer a quick question:

I have 2 separate email accounts synced to my BB and I was wondering if there was a way to have them combined WITHOUT also combining them with my SMS messages. I tried setting the email settings to "theme controlled", and doing a battery pull (the fix all for all my problems so far), but nothing has worked yet.

Thanks a bunch!
    01-20-09 09:44 AM
    Is your Wireless Reconcile option set to On in your BB's email options?
    01-20-09 12:07 PM
    I'm on wap so if your device type is in your profile, sorry but I can't see it...

You should be able to separate SMS messages from the "Messages" folder - on my Curve, it's Email > MenuKey > Options > General Options > find SMS and Email Inboxes > set to "Separate"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:56 PM
    I'm on wap so if your device type is in your profile, sorry but I can't see it...

You should be able to separate SMS messages from the "Messages" folder - on my Curve, it's Email > MenuKey > Options > General Options > find SMS and Email Inboxes > set to "Separate"

It's a Curve 8330, and the problem isn't that I can't separate SMS from email; I've already done that. What I want to know is how to get both my email addresses in the SAME folder, but NOT the same folder as SMS messages.
    I've also already set both addresses to reconcile as well, but it didn't change anything.
    01-20-09 05:41 PM
    There should be a master "Messages" icon that contains all your messages, except if you've already separated SMS, then your emails will be together there without SMS. That's exactly what I have on my 8330 (plus each account has its own icon). Have you perhaps hidden the Messages folder where all messages appear? Or perhaps I'm not getting it. I'm on BES, but I thought the mailbox functionality is the same. Maybe not�

01-20-09 10:23 PM
    .... I tried setting the email settings to "theme controlled"...
    There should be another option there for "separate". Select that and it should work as you want. If you use theme controlled that theme may not do it.
    01-20-09 10:39 PM
    There should be another option there for "separate". Select that and it should work as you want. If you use theme controlled that theme may not do it.
    That's a good point. The OP says SMS is already separated and working ok but ther is no master message folder. The theme may explain why there's no master "Message" folder. OP, I'd suggest trying a different theme.

01-20-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD