10-16-16 09:05 PM
34 12
tools
    Now that the decision to stop making hardware, I wonder if people will start to collect BB's just for the fun of it? It would be cool to try to collect all of the old devices that we probably owned and used at some point.

I think I may give it a shot and move backwards. I am going to start with the Passport SE while you can still get it new at $299. I never owned the Leap but wanted to try it.

I think that I may have just found my new hobby!
    10-01-16 07:49 AM
    Yard sales and flea markets? Antique shows?

Posted via CB10 on one of Bold9000, 3 Playbooks, Q10, Z30, Passport, and DTEK50
    10-01-16 07:59 AM
    RobertP, That sounds fun! It'd be good to have the $$ to do that.

Enjoy

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-01-16 07:59 AM
    RobertP, That sounds fun! It'd be good to have the $$ to do that.

Enjoy

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Other than a few of the units that I could buy new, the rest I could buy on Swappa or other online places for short money.
    10-01-16 08:10 AM
    Now that the decision to stop making hardware, I wonder if people will start to collect BB's just for the fun of it? It would be cool to try to collect all of the old devices that we probably owned and used at some point.

I think I may give it a shot and move backwards. I am going to start with the Passport SE while you can still get it new at $299. I never owned the Leap but wanted to try it.

Well it's funny - I was thinking about this - I am going to have a display in my office that has phones from various eras along the wall - I'd certainly have a BBRY in there but likely one of the successful ones that people actually wanted so from 2011 or so.
    ardakca and RobertP1 like this.
    10-01-16 08:10 AM
    If BBOS 10 had the Runtime. Apps like snapchat or stuff worked, guess I would buy se and og.
    10-01-16 08:26 AM
    Yard sales and flea markets? Antique shows?

Posted via CB10 on one of Bold9000, 3 Playbooks, Q10, Z30, Passport, and DTEK50
    ...electronic store electronic recycling bins. Staples usually have these bins at their doors.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    10-01-16 08:56 AM

The devices will go cheaper after a while. $299 is too much. Start with the very old ones that you can find for 50$ or so. Wait a couple of yrs when the current ones drop to $50-$100. And don't worry they wont vanish, even now you can still buy 2006 devices new in their box. Happy collecting.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-01-16 09:44 AM
    Thought I was alone...I started collection Post BB10 (not new, but excellent condition). Also I'm trying to get them in all the official released colors.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    RobertP1 and 3Dee like this.
    10-01-16 05:12 PM
    I'm just stocking BB10 phones.

I've so far got the classic, passport, Q10 and next on the list is the Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-01-16 05:48 PM
    We need photos and details of your collections. Someone should start a BBM channel?

10-01-16 06:19 PM
    We need photos and details of your collections. Someone should start a BBM channel?

I second that.

RobertP1 likes this.
    10-01-16 06:37 PM
    Electronics repair shops still have a wide selection, and always Unlocked where I shop. Or always in local sales listings like Kijiji.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Collecting Blackberries-tapaupload0.jpg  
    10-01-16 09:34 PM
    If the Mercury is released, certainly the last ever PKB phone BB will ever make, I'll probably buy one to keep next to my first ever BB - an 8800. It'll be nicely symbolic.

I won't extend the display any more than that even though I certainly could. Much to the annoyance of my wife (lol), I never get rid of my old tech and my loft is full of phones, pdas, tablets, cameras and computers which I joyfully re-discover on my periodic loft-tidying activities.

Good luck with your new hobby... though, it's probably best to keep it a secret from your "significant other"!
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-16 04:45 AM
    Now that the decision to stop making hardware, I wonder if people will start to collect BB's just for the fun of it?
    Can't speak for others, but I intend to obtain a Verizon BB Classic off of eBay or Amazon, and I still have a Sprint BB Bold 9930 upstairs. Also have an old Treo 750 upstairs I'd used as an active phone as recently as a few months ago.

... but then I'm a weird dude who likes old tech, possessing multiple old Sinclair variants and a few old Apple computers.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-16 08:47 AM
    If the Mercury is released, certainly the last ever PKB phone BB will ever make, I'll probably buy one to keep next to my first ever BB - an 8800. It'll be nicely symbolic.

I won't extend the display any more than that even though I certainly could. Much to the annoyance of my wife (lol), I never get rid of my old tech and my loft is full of phones, pdas, tablets, cameras and computers which I joyfully re-discover on my periodic loft-tidying activities.

Good luck with your new hobby... though, it's probably best to keep it a secret from your "significant other"!
    She already thinks I am nuts, running around with a million phones!
    10-02-16 12:12 PM
    The devices will go cheaper after a while. $299 is too much. Start with the very old ones that you can find for 50$ or so. Wait a couple of yrs when the current ones drop to $50-$100. And don't worry they wont vanish, even now you can still buy 2006 devices new in their box. Happy collecting.
    I don't want to miss out on a Brand New Passport... but after that, I might go cheap first
    10-02-16 12:17 PM
    Can't speak for others, but I intend to obtain a Verizon BB Classic off of eBay or Amazon, and I still have a Sprint BB Bold 9930 upstairs. Also have an old Treo 750 upstairs I'd used as an active phone as recently as a few months ago.

... but then I'm a weird dude who likes old tech, possessing multiple old Sinclair variants and a few old Apple computers.
    I'm not collecting, but I do have a Priv, two Q10s (T-Mobile and Verizon), a VZW Classic, a VZW Z30, a red Passport, a 9930, two 9790s, a Curve, a Note 3 and a bag phone. Oh wait, maybe I am a collector!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    RobertP1 and jegs2 like this.
    10-02-16 01:43 PM
    I don't want to miss out on a Brand New Passport... but after that, I might go cheap first
    You'll still find it new later on but if you don't have one then go for it already, its $250 on ShopBlackBerry.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-16 01:52 PM
    I'm not collecting, but I do have a Priv, two Q10s (T-Mobile and Verizon), a VZW Classic, a VZW Z30, a red Passport, a 9930, two 9790s, a Curve, a Note 3 and a bag phone. Oh wait, maybe I am a collector!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    Picture

10-02-16 03:07 PM
    I've kinda started doing this myself. I got a Bold 9900 after BlackBerry piqued my interest last year, I just played around with it but never used it as my daily driver phone. I liked the physical keyboard, so when the time came to replace my main phone I decided to get a Passport. I kinda collected "interesting" mobile phones at one point, but stopped since I switched to a contract phone from Pay As You Go, because I got a decent device with my contract, but I think I'll take it up again in the case of BlackBerry devices. I bought a 7290 a few months back so I could see what BBOS was like back in the day, and recently ordered a Torch 9810 to replace the 9900 as my backup phone (now sporting a very cheap contract with BIS).

Maybe one day I'll get a display case of some sort to put them in.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-16 04:12 PM
    I've got a Curve, Torch and a Q10. Had an older one made for the Nextel network, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-16 04:40 PM
    Wow, and I thought I was the only one collecting. lol. I have too many BB's to list plus most of the android Nexus devices plus non Nexus devices as well as 7" and 10" tablets. I would be out of breath to type them all down. And no, I am not gonna spend the day lining them all up to take a photo.
    If you like collecting BB's then by all means do so as it is definately fun. When I pick up my oldest BB Rim R957M-2-5, I just wonder what was I doing at that era of time.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-03-16 03:49 AM
    See the post from 2 Oct at this channel for a collection teaser.

C00015DD7
    Last edited by spARTacus; 10-03-16 at 05:24 PM.
    10-03-16 04:19 PM

Lol I have the same situation and issue
    When my gf and I first started dating she thought I was a drug dealer because I had about 60 different phones in my loft/office hahaha

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    RobertP1 and JeepBB like this.
    10-03-16 06:11 PM
34 12