They never tried it so we'll never know. Life's that way sometimes. Lol.

I still contend that some sort of carrier independent VPN type of solution might've possibly eventually replaced BIS? ?? I'm paying for all sorts of vpn, etc "saf" on my K's. Just don't get as much typing based client service done per day on them...
    Hey I wished BlackBerry had expanded email hosting, offer some other cloud services as well... and yeah they could have done that securely without the carriers. BB10 without those was a huge let down.... Google had them, Apple had them, even Microsoft had them.

Yes... we'll never know. What we do know, is no one (not even BlackBerry) has found a way to make money using PKB form factor in any great numbers. Think we are down to the point where kickstarters and others willing to chase a few thousand hobbyist is all there is. But that's never going to marry a high quality hardware package with a use specific OS... like your BOLD.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-21-21 10:36 AM

Colin Cowherd bashing Blackberry-54a1f8d29ca8a923821091bbf1f66bdd.jpg
    04-21-21 10:36 AM
    Couldn't possibly have said it any better.
    Can I copy paste your post whenever someone just doesn't understand why someone would need a PKB lol?
    Flattered as I feel the same about a lot of your posts. Please do share, any time!
    The trick is to not worry about the odd mistake until after you're finished writing.

Whether pkb or vkb, I always go back to review anyway.
    anon(5597702) and BBuso77 like this.
    04-21-21 10:38 AM
    The trick is to not worry about the odd mistake until after you're finished writing.
    Non-issue because there are less mistakes to correct when I'm banging out a note on pkb. And i don't enjoy VKB, so no amount of tips and tricks will get around that for me. I get what you're saying, but it's not about worrying about mistakes for me. With a pkb, I can make a mistake and still enjoy the mechanics/process of writing. A VKB increases the former and removes the latter, for me.

Agreed there. This is key, regardless of input type.
    04-21-21 10:42 AM
    Non-issue because there are less mistakes to correct when I'm banging out a note on pkb. And i don't enjoy VKB, so no amount of tips and tricks will get around that for me. I get what you're saying, but it's not about worrying about mistakes for me. With a pkb, I can make a mistake and still enjoy the mechanics/process of writing. A VKB increases the former and removes the latter, for me.

Sorry, I thought you said making on-the-fly corrections took you out of the moment/flow. I was just saying that it wouldn't if you saved your corrections for after - similar to a pkb device.

If you are now simply saying that a pkb is more enjoyable, then so be it. I generally agree with this anyway.
    04-21-21 10:50 AM
    Sorry, I thought you said making on-the-fly corrections took you out of the moment/flow. I was just saying that it wouldn't if you saved your corrections for after - similar to a pkb device.

If you are now simply saying that a pkb is more enjoyable, then so be it. I generally agree with this anyway.
    Np. I should be more clear: on the fly *autocorrect* rearing its head takes me out of the moment. Disabling it is an option, but then I'm aware of my own VKB fumbling. With the PKB, I feel much more precise and I enjoy it more. So it was both, but hopefully my point about on-the-fly corrections is a bit clearer now.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-21-21 10:53 AM
    Np. I should be more clear: on the fly *autocorrect* rearing its head takes me out of the moment. Disabling it is an option, but then I'm aware of my own VKB fumbling. With the PKB, I feel much more precise and I enjoy it more. So it was both, but hopefully my point about on-the-fly corrections is a bit clearer now.
    Understood.
    04-21-21 10:55 AM

Only the author is responsible for final outcome.

Since I'm not watching what I type, while I type it, post proofing is essential. Un-correcting autocorrections after the fact demand deep focus to identify what happened. My errors are typically repeated errors... Self correcting my own errors affords opportunity to train muscle memory for better future precision.

Watching while I type generates a strange sort of vertigo... Lol. My old highschool typing teacher was fond of rapping students on the head with her long pointer and barking: "You don't have to watch your tongue to talk, do you?". Lol.
    04-21-21 11:11 AM
    Watching while I type generates a strange sort of vertigo... Lol. My old highscool typing teacher was fond of rapping students on the head with her long pointer and barking: "You don't have to watch your tongue to talk, do you?". Lol.
    Go to prison for doing that these days...
    04-21-21 11:20 AM
    Go to prison for doing that these days...
    Yep. Or at least fired. Parents praised her. Even encouraged her. Different time and place. Alien, these days? Lol. Regardless, one of the most useful classes of my highschool... After calc, chem, phys, etc ... Are those still taught "these days"? Lol.

Just a couple years later, I'd compare memories of her to my drill instructor... Lol.
    bh7171 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-21-21 11:37 AM
    Hear hear! Moving into adulthood, many of us learn to hide what makes us "different" or "peculiar" in service of that problematic idea of being "normal". I find that sad.

Sorry, what were we talking about again? lol
    Lol... Guess we were talking about a mission oriented reality rather than a "popularity" oriented one? Just the way I was born? Idk. Keeping an eye on the herd can represent essential survival strategy. Learning from others' experiences is only smart. Better to keep eyes on a herd than nose, tho... Lol.

Some of my school "crowd" wore Cap'n Crunch whistles prominently displayed on a string around neck. Instructors and profs never understood what the "symbol" was about. Lol. Nor how one kid frequently came to class after lunch, after friendly discussions with a very friendly and obviously amused English speaking citizen of Bangladesh... with weather reports that wouldn't show up for several days in US newspapers, those days. One instructor started noting the reports and comparing with news papers three days later and inquired how he was doing that...? The kid replied: "Phreeking phree phone courtesy Ma Bell...". Sure wish ida had a camera to archive the perplexion on that instructor's face! Lol. Dunno if he ever figured out the trick. Lol.

Fast forward many (many!) decades and a simple speed dial press calls around the globe... Lol.

Still, I'll put my Bold's single button, sight unseen, speed dial speed up against any iPhone... Sure, iPhone is "fast enough". But, to get back to OP... Is "fast enough" a characteristic describing a competitive quarterback? ?? Lol.
    04-21-21 12:25 PM

Don't really need to with the PKB...unless it's a really crappy one, such as the Typo gen 2 for iPhone
    anon(5597702) and bakron1 like this.
    04-21-21 05:19 PM
    Who cares!
    04-25-21 10:55 AM
88 ... 234