Welcome to CrackBerry. Post early and post often.
    How did I miss this?
    04-12-21 09:04 PM
    He has a sports opinion show. Therefore he lacks value. There is no reason for anyone to care what he has to say.
    Isn't a cow herd a methane source? Lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-21 03:40 AM
    I rarely entertain such silliness but... Is professional behavior expected of RETIRED professionals? Lol...

Once (if?) this virus thing is history, AND if I can squeeze in the time, I'd challenge Colin to see how many replies he can crank out in one hand while dragging luggage with the other hand across a busy airport to make a connecting flight in 5 minutes time... ?? ??? How better to define MOBILE communications? Lol.

Surely his young hand operating his iPhone would crank out way more messages while in motion than this old, decrepit, immobile, retiree operating this 10 year old, decrepit, eol BlackBerry... ??? Lol.
    04-13-21 04:35 AM
    He has a sports opinion show. Therefore he lacks value. There is no reason for anyone to care what he has to say.
    What?!?
    04-13-21 04:38 AM
    What?!?
    Question marks and exclamation points. Very intense. Was I not clear?
    04-14-21 08:31 PM
    Question marks and exclamation points. Very intense. Was I not clear?
    I read that you feel he lacks value but to many that follow sports he seems to be a media celebrity. Society assigns the man a value that’s worthy of $6 million/year salary. I’m not into sports opinion shows either but that’s respectable.
    04-14-21 10:31 PM
    Lol... Value is relative... I value MY time more than to waste "valued" time sifting value from a sports commentator's opinion about smartphones. Is Colin's smartphone expertise worth $6M/yr? Lol.

Unless he's commenting about the "Smartphone Olympics" competition I've long advocated...?? Lol.

Again, I'd like to know how many msgs he can reply to, while rushing to catch a flight carting luggage in one hand, before I assign "value" to his "Smartphone Olympics" opinions... No age handicap needed. Lol. Imo. Fwiw.
    04-15-21 04:37 AM
    Lol... Value is relative... I value MY time more than to waste "valued" time sifting value from a sports commentator's opinion about smartphones. Is Colin's smartphone expertise worth $6M/yr? Lol.

Unless he's commenting about the "Smartphone Olympics" competition I've long advocated...?? Lol.

Again, I'd like to know how many msgs he can reply to, while rushing to catch a flight carting luggage in one hand, before I assign "value" to his "Smartphone Olympics" opinions... No age handicap needed. Lol. Imo. Fwiw.
    I’m not into sports opinion shows but the statement was that he lacks value. Now, if you have an employee in your company that can demand and get $6 million/year from you because you’re generating even more for your company, he’s got great value, perhaps not great values, but that wasn’t the comment.
    04-15-21 06:40 AM
    I’m not into sports opinion shows but the statement was that he lacks value. Now, if you have an employee in your company that can demand and get $6 million/year from you because you’re generating even more for your company, he’s got great value, perhaps not great values, but that wasn’t the comment.
    Hmm... Sometimes I don't see a full perspective of comments... A generational thing? Idk. All I can speak to are my comments?

I've teased about painting a "most valued employee" parking spot, over the years. Lol. But any one of my employees earning $6M/yr might just get the whole parking lot! Lol.

Clearly, Colin's market value is at least worth $6M/yr to his employer. Value's relative to the eye of payee. I, personally, wouldn't employ him as a smartphone consultant. For even $0. Lol. Maybe Apple could? Hmm... Lol.
    04-15-21 09:55 AM
    I read that you feel he lacks value but to many that follow sports he seems to be a media celebrity. Society assigns the man a value that’s worthy of $6 million/year salary. I’m not into sports opinion shows either but that’s respectable.
    I don’t view money as value in this discussion. Many fools make lots of money. We are discussing one now.
    04-15-21 06:57 PM
    I don’t view money as value in this discussion. Many fools make lots of money. We are discussing one now.
    It's not about him making the big money but the company employing him making even bigger money from the value that his sports fan base assigns to him.

Either way his comments were funny as heck and seem accurate within society perceptions. I'm not sure what the problem is. Even though I've never been a fan of Sports Media, TV or Radio, it seems like it's very popular and therefore important part of necessary distraction for big part of society.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-15-21 07:11 PM
    It's not about him making the big money but the company employing him making even bigger money from the value that his sports fan base assigns to him.

Either way his comments were funny as heck and seem accurate within society perceptions. I'm not sure what the problem is. Even though I've never been a fan of Sports Media, TV or Radio, it seems like it's very popular and therefore important part of necessary distraction for big part of society.
    I don’t think there is a problem. The monetary gain for the fool or the company that employs him does not hold value to me. Cut and dry.
    04-15-21 08:06 PM
    I don’t think there is a problem. The monetary gain for the fool or the company that employs him does not hold value to me. Cut and dry.
    Well that’s for you than but not for “anyone” since that’s beauty of individual freedoms and opinions. Why hate on an industry or a person that’s not affecting your life. Just live and let die......
    Smokeaire likes this.
    04-17-21 08:34 AM
    Never heard about this person before (I am not American and not following NFL either)
    But it seems that his analogy or joke is in line with society's judgement about Blackberry phones.
    Whats wrong with the fact that the large majority has this opinion or judgement about the brand? Does anyone think that a few commenters on a niche blog are going to change the perception of hundreds of millions of (not only American) people?
    Someone can still be a fan of these phones (as long as they are usable on any network) and admit that the 99.5-99.9% of society thinks otherwise.
    04-17-21 09:43 AM
    I don’t pay that close attention to more prominent sports but I’m an avid fan of Formula 1; and in my opinion if you want to compare BlackBerry to a sports team, Williams Racing is perfect. Once arguably the greatest, they’ve fallen to the back of the pack having been surpassed by newer, better teams along with one older established giant that still manages to be adored by the majority even with that tractor they call a car (looking at you, Ferrari/Apple).
    04-17-21 05:15 PM
    Guess I'm unclear about if he was comparing the brands as companies? Comparing the devices?? Comparing the users???

As a smartphone company, I'd have to agree... RIM/BBRY certainly earned their has-been smartphone status.

Comparing devices? Bold vs iPhone? That's like comparing Bultaco Sherpa against Toyota Prius... Different products optimized for vastly different use case. My OLD 70s vintage Sherpa can STILL go places & do things that my wife's Prius simply cannot. Likewise reciprocated, also. A comparison derived out of ignorance, imo.

Comparing users? Lol... His two younger thumbs on iPhone might out type my single old thumb on Bold...? Maybe. I wouldn't bet a LOT on it, tho...? Lol. I know a user I WOULD bet quite a sum on tho... She likely has better things to do... Lol.

I think he's comparing two incomparable sports... comparing Blackberry with Apple is like comparing archery with golf... imo.
    Last edited by idssteve; 04-18-21 at 01:41 AM.
    04-18-21 01:20 AM
    Slow but steady baby. That iPhone may be physically superior in every way (save the keyboard) but they are here today and gone tomorrow. How many are still using iPhones from 2014?

Boom.

Tom Brady is 43 years old and just won a Superbowl. Tom Brady is a Blackberry
    Quite a lot people are still using the 2014 iPhone 6/6 Plus and it still gets Security Updates, most recent being 26 March 2021.

Does your 2014 BlackBerry still get security updates?
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-18-21 03:08 PM
    I use a Key2, and already just got my April update (surprisingly). Yeah, a lot of people use the 6, is it the last iPhone with a headphone jack if I recall.

Hey, people choose to use iPhones because they are still good phones. I get it. Only the truly cultured will continue to use a BlackBerry even with the inferiorities.

No for real, I did like that old Classic, but I lost it. The internet was almost useless, but Firefox still worked very slowly. But you couldn't beat it for e-mail management.

GPS was okay too.
    04-18-21 03:49 PM
    Quite a lot people are still using the 2014 iPhone 6/6 Plus and it still gets Security Updates, most recent being 26 March 2021.

How are those 2014 iPhones doing with 1800mAh (or smaller) batteries, 2GB RAM and usually 32GB of storage?
    04-18-21 04:09 PM

This is why I finally got an iPhone. I’m tired of Android updating only 2 years on everything not a Pixel, and even then an update can totally destroy a phone. That happened with my 6t - it was fantastic with Android Pie, Android 10 turned it into a hot pile of garbage. And past that, it’s halfway through April and no Android 11. iOS might have some bugs after an update but I’m fairly certain they’re not going to trash my phone or persist after too much time.

And furthermore, lack of updates is what drove me from BlackBerry to Android in the first place.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    04-18-21 04:59 PM
    How are those 2014 iPhones doing with 1800mAh (or smaller) batteries, 2GB RAM and usually 32GB of storage?
    Pretty good if they’re getting through a day and not running out of storage.
    04-18-21 05:02 PM
    Pretty good if they’re getting through a day and not running out of storage.
    No one's getting through a day with a 2014 iPhone unless they slap a Mophie case on it.
    04-18-21 05:13 PM
    No one's getting through a day with a 2014 iPhone unless they slap a Mophie case on it.
    My father in law and his neighbor never used cases with their iPhone 5 and 4 respectively, so there’s two.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    04-18-21 05:16 PM
    Pretty well actually, I worked with a lady who was from France and was living here for a short period for work, she was using her old iPhone 5S and got a new battery put into it and never complained about it, got her through a day easily. Really depends on usage, I know for me personally an iPhone 5S or 6 wouldn’t get me through a day but so many people can get that because they are not heavy users and iPhones and iPads are exceptionally frugal when in stand by.

A lot of people at MacRumours who will buy the top end iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac and Mac Pro yet still rock an old iPhone 5s or 6 because they simply see no need to upgrade it as it serves them perfectly fine.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-18-21 05:34 PM
    I see no reason to "upgrade" as this TEN year old Bold serves ME perfectly fine. 5000mah aftermarket batt powers thru a THREE plus day weekend of heavy use. Use = communication. Voice and typed. I personally know ONE Apple user who types faster than my thumb's 90-100wpm on Bold. And that Apple user is NOT typing on a 10 year old iPhone.

Other than that single impressive iPhone user, NO other iPhone user that I've personally worked with, around, or encountered, types more words per day, nor demonstrates faster 24/7 real time (<30 second) response. Since there's at least one, I'll concede that Apple CAN be "fast". Referring to THIS old Blackberry user as "slow" is simply ignorant. Imo.
    04-21-21 07:45 AM
88 1234