Just heard his show opener. Comparing immobile (obsolete) quarterbacks to Blackberrys whereas more athletic ones are Iphones. I don't have twitter but I hope those of you that do, blow him up
    04-05-21 11:15 AM
    Just heard his show opener. Comparing immobile (obsolete) quarterbacks to Blackberrys whereas more athletic ones are Iphones. I don't have twitter but I hope those of you that do, blow him up
    Is he wrong about something?

Current flagship BlackBerry phone is a mid-grader from 2018 and is running an OS from 2017..... that's pretty obsolete in 2021. Yeah it can meet the needs of some, like I'm sure some league would be happy to have Ciro Immobile.
    04-05-21 11:22 AM
    Well damm, you're taking the fun out of this with your pesky facts
    04-05-21 11:55 AM
    Who is Colin Cowheard?
    04-05-21 02:46 PM
    Who is Colin Cowheard?
    Don't know, but I'm getting a mental picture of a herd of cows.
    anon(5597702) and Tim-ANC like this.
    04-05-21 04:26 PM
    Who is Colin Cowheard?
    Colin Cowherd is a sports commentator and he has a popular show called The Herd on Fox Sports.
    Last edited by ssirica; 04-06-21 at 05:38 AM.
    04-05-21 04:53 PM
    I'm not the fastest typist but I've never personally encountered an iPhone typist who out performed my left thumb on this ten year old Bold... WHILE in motion! WHO is immobile? Having to pause motion in order to type isn't exactly athletically mobile, imo... Lol.

Short learning curve iPhones are a BIG deal amongst retirees! FAR more popular among my fellow retirees than BlackBerrys. Those few of us still clinging to our old Bolds do so FOR the typing performance! Fellow retirees too feeble to enjoy the SPORT of speed typing while in motion are who I routinely observe favoring Grandma's short learning curve, pause motion while typing, iPhone... Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 04-06-21 at 02:34 AM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-05-21 11:29 PM
    I'm not the fastest typist but I've never personally encountered an iPhone typist who out performed my left thumb on this ten year old Bold... WHILE in motion! WHO is immobile? Having to pause motion in order to type isn't exactly athletically mobile, imo... Lol.

Short learning curve iPhones are a BIG deal amongst retirees! FAR more popular among my fellow retirees than BlackBerrys. Those few of us still clinging to our old Bolds do so FOR the typing performance! Fellow retirees too feeble to enjoy the SPORT of speed typing while in motion are who I routinely observe favoring Grandma's short learning curve, pause motion while typing, iPhone... Lol.
    I would love to see a video of you doing some task with Agent99 in left hand behind your back banging out a post on CB...that would be great lol.
    04-06-21 08:04 AM
    This page and the clip like the picture for those interested.

https://www.foxsports.com/shows/the-...-cowherd/clips

Colin Cowherd bashing Blackberry-capture.jpg
    04-06-21 01:15 PM
    I would love to see a video of you doing some task with Agent99 in left hand behind your back banging out a post on CB...that would be great lol.
    Well... I'm not so practiced from behind back but very practiced under table & in pocket. Or simply rushing thru a terminal with luggage on right hand... Lol. Some coworkers posted a vid or two demonstrating Bold's talents back during the big "trash bbos blowout" ... 2013? I'll ask & look.

Type by feel is really not so difficult to master, once aware of the possibilities... and with collaborative equipment...

I'll see if I can put together a vid demonstrating Bold's soon to be lost forever talents. Better yet, some coworkers make my performance seem pathetic... Hmm... .
    04-06-21 03:02 PM
    Well... I'm not so practiced from behind back but very practiced under table & in pocket. Or simply rushing thru a terminal with luggage on right hand... Lol. Some coworkers posted a vid or two demonstrating Bold's talents back during the big "trash bbos blowout" ... 2013? I'll ask & look.

Type by feel is really not so difficult to master, once aware of the possibilities... and with collaborative equipment...

I'll see if I can put together a vid demonstrating Bold's soon to be lost forever talents. Better yet, some coworkers make my performance seem pathetic... Hmm... .
    And don't forget speed dialling. And shortcuts. I don't think those exist on slabs....I could be wrong.
    04-07-21 08:08 AM
    And don't forget speed dialling. And shortcuts. I don't think those exist on slabs....I could be wrong.
    They do. it's basic Android functionality.
    04-07-21 05:40 PM
    My most used SpeedDial is assigned to "p" on pkb stuff. Easiest to find by feel while extracting handset from holster, or pocket. SpeedDial "5" (D) is also readily acquired thanks to the little tactile "teet" on that key. Nicely prominent on Bolds. Barely perceivable on Ks. My thumb has learned to find other keys once those are located.

Never enjoyed much success with SpeedDial by feel on any of my slabs... lol
    04-07-21 08:15 PM
    deleted double post.
    04-07-21 08:22 PM
    LOL....iphone is like the running back in sparkle shoes and dreadlocks doing the pretty two step across the end zone, Blackberry is the guy that called the plays and coordinated the march down the field.
    04-08-21 01:27 AM
    Thank you.I did't know that.

I just assumed it would be three step or more process .... Great to know one can simply press the screen and dial. When my 9983's die will have to investigate further as keyboard shortcuts are critical.
    04-08-21 01:37 AM
    Lol... A dear OLD (even older than myself lol) friend sent a short vid of his retirement center's cafeteria. Of yesterday, I believe. Or maybe Easter? No matter, his objective was to illustrate social distancing, masks, etc. I've been concerned about his safety in that facility.

Anyway, it was interesting to note the # of folks at their dinner tables focusing on devices with "Apple" symbol on back. Both hands & both eyes consumed with Apple operation while forks rested on plates with meals awaiting consumption. He can be heard teasing a fellow resident about the meal getting cold... Lol.

My friend's Bold is the ONLY BlackBerry he's aware of in that facility. He's still pretty proficient with it and detests the thought of an Apple dominated retirement once ATT kills off his beloved Bold...

I still collaborate with him to sanity check some kinematics on some projects. His eyes are very poor but his engineering mind is razor sharp. He manages to fire up and feed program cards into his old HP65 and get answers fast!

Sometimes during meetings! One particular meeting before others at the table were half done! All I had was a pencil on paper in right hand and Agent99 in left. A "maturing" old engineer sent by a client put his Apple down and asked how I got that answer so fast... I just smiled and showed him Agent99... Lol. Dunno if he ever "got it"... Lol.

I might represent a single seat at a meeting table but dozens of very sharp minds are readily available in my left hand. Thanks to Agent99. And my old but "athletic" thumb...
    Last edited by idssteve; 04-08-21 at 06:38 AM.
    04-08-21 05:42 AM
    Thank you.I did't know that.

I just assumed it would be three step or more process .... Great to know one can simply press the screen and dial. When my 9983's die will have to investigate further as keyboard shortcuts are critical.
    Most the time I don't touch my phone to make a call.... "Hey Siri, call.... "

I do have iOS shortcuts for those I call - text - WhatsApp the most. - but pick up phone and look at so face id unlocks, swipe up by pass the notification screen and then swipe over and select the shortcut or automation (like my two favorite Starbucks orders).
    04-08-21 08:33 AM
    LOL....iphone is like the running back in sparkle shoes and dreadlocks doing the pretty two step across the end zone, Blackberry is the guy that called the plays and coordinated the march down the field.
    Never seen a thread go off the rails like this on CB before. Thanks for bringing it back.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-08-21 10:21 AM
    Never seen a thread go off the rails like this on CB before. Thanks for bringing it back.
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Post early and post often.
    04-08-21 10:38 AM
    HA! Hard to get the C-man to crack joke
    04-08-21 11:17 AM
    Slow but steady baby. That iPhone may be physically superior in every way (save the keyboard) but they are here today and gone tomorrow. How many are still using iPhones from 2014?

Boom.

Tom Brady is 43 years old and just won a Superbowl. Tom Brady is a Blackberry
    04-10-21 02:22 PM
    Slow but steady baby. That iPhone may be physically superior in every way (save the keyboard) but they are here today and gone tomorrow. How many are still using iPhones from 2014?

Boom.

Tom Brady is 43 years old and just won a Superbowl. Tom Brady is a Blackberry
    lol... I'm still poundin on a BlackBerry from 2011!! Not much good at media anymore. But it still produces respectable zero error "yardage"! I'd put its pages per day type rate up against many 2011 iPhones... imo. fwiw.

Many, no doubt, have "herd" about the old bull and the young bull... on a hill... lol
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    04-10-21 06:15 PM
    Thank you for the update.

So, yes, shortcuts, but for phone dialling and app opening, seemingly not as efficient in that more steps. While keep in mind when forced to change phones. I have a feeling the change will be forced more due to carriers cutting off 3G, than my phone ceasing to function: even after another bounce down the stairs and across pavement.
    04-12-21 01:08 AM
    Who is Colin Cowheard?
    He has a sports opinion show. Therefore he lacks value. There is no reason for anyone to care what he has to say.
    04-12-21 08:54 PM
88 123 ...