https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...93742873202689

Whats going on here then? Is Signal compromised? We'll watch with interest.

Old Donald could be in some trouble there. You don't use Signal to order pizza.

I'm guessing the Signal encryption is uncracked its just the already decrypted chats logs that have been retrieved from the phone somehow.

The weakness is in the actual app when the Feds are holding your device. I'm not sure if the inbox is encrypted on the app I doubt it as it isn't even a requirement to use a pin its optional.
    06-15-18 04:46 PM
    depending on use and if the FBI subpoenaed the messaging companies, all this data could be obtained without any breaking of encryption. Doubt we will ever know
    06-15-18 04:53 PM
    Well. We know Cuckberry will unlock any phone for law enforcement... so that happened. I am guessing the chat apps weren't even PIN locked.

So many people on TWTR are going to look very dumb tomorrow.

Screaming about 'Whatsapp/Signal being compromised'... without actually knowing what they are talking about.
    06-15-18 05:12 PM
    Well if they have the device... they have the encryption key. Who knows how they cracked it.

And I’m curious what BB device cohen had... it was known that some BB can be cracked
    06-15-18 06:28 PM
    And I’m curious what BB device cohen had... it was known that some BB can be cracked
    They haven't cracked anything.

Blackberry unlocks phones for law enforcement. Not a problem.
    06-17-18 01:22 PM
    They haven't cracked anything.

Blackberry unlocks phones for law enforcement. Not a problem.
    I highly doubt they unlock phones... if it’s that’s easy to unlock a phone (like a backdoor) someone would had figured it out.

What BB most probably do is sign a custom OS for the FBI to install on the device... using a non destructive update. The OS would allow the FBI to brute force the phone.
    06-17-18 04:49 PM
    I wonder why hillary smashed her blackberries. hmmmmmmm

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/03/cn...hammers-video/
    06-22-18 12:09 PM
    Haha...I'd sure hate for my future to depend on "hammer erasure" of Bolds! Those things were TOUGH!! This 9930 I'm typing this on once got mashed & twisted into AB "gravel" under a skid steer. 15 minutes installed a new KB, display and battery. Lol.

Unless the "hammer operator" managed to identify & target specific chips, my "smart guys" seem to feel confidant they could transplant chips & extract data. Surely FBI could? If they "would"... Lol.

Words of caution... Remove battery before hammering. Lol. Hammer rupturing charged Li-ion batts might provide unexpected entertainment!! Hehe...
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    06-23-18 07:57 AM