So, I was looking in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.45_P3.2.0.37\Java and found all the CODs for the OS. There are a lot of foreign language files in there. I've got a couple of questions;
    1. Does DM load all of those when it updates the OS?
    2. What would happen if I removed all of the foreign language CODs from that directory? Would the next update remove them from my BB?

and if this has been discussed to death somewhere else, feel free to flame me
    07-07-08 04:26 PM
    No worries. When you first turned on your BlackBerry, you selected a default language.

Only the files associated with the default are installed. If you need a second or more language, it is simple to add them in.

07-07-08 04:33 PM
    So, I was looking in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.45_P3.2.0.37\Java and found all the CODs for the OS. There are a lot of foreign language files in there. I've got a couple of questions;
    1. Does DM load all of those when it updates the OS?
    2. What would happen if I removed all of the foreign language CODs from that directory? Would the next update remove them from my BB?

and if this has been discussed to death somewhere else, feel free to flame me
    I heard that there is somewhere in DM that you click which languages you want, check Stoner's guide to freeing up memory, I think he/she mentions something about having foreign languages on your BB and how to delete them.
    07-07-08 04:35 PM
    Thanks all. That gave me the answers I needed.

Man, I love this forum.

CB Forever!
    07-07-08 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD