Interesting interview with Peter Misek this morning on CNN. Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-30-12 10:46 AM
    Still just really don't like that guy. Such an 'analyst', you can tell he doesn't really know sh!t about tech.

"iPhone 5 is the best experience out there" - for who? 16 year old girls? Or small business owners? You can't just generalize like that.

Also I would put money on the fact that "we've beta-tested it" doesn't mean Peter Misek has used one himself.

Enough with the speculation, let's let RIM release BlackBerry 10 and use facts to show how good of an experience it is.
    11-30-12 11:22 AM
    Oh and one more thing - the CNN guy "Buggy products that RIM has disappointed users with for the past 5 years"

5 years? Lol, 5 years ago RIM had an obscene amount of the global smartphone market and the iPhone was just about to be introduced (aka not a thing yet).

Soooo sick of dumb people expressing opinions on RIM. Shut your mouth unless you've done at LEAST 30 minutes of research.
    zyben, needforbbx, DJM626 and 5 others like this.
    11-30-12 11:24 AM
    Hear hear!
    11-30-12 11:26 AM
    dam effin right ! @jenks5150
    11-30-12 11:33 AM
    11-30-12 04:27 PM
    here's my question. If we currently have a platform duopoly, and bb10 is apparently better then one of those platforms, then doesn't that logically mean it'll have a good reception and eat into droids market share?

If misek says he likes it better any current android device (a big claim considering sammy's success with the galaxy line), why wouldn't the average consumer like it better then android devices as well? even if only 50% of current android owners feel bb10 is better, that's alot of potential customers. And that's all in addition to the current user base that's waiting to upgrade.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    11-30-12 05:53 PM
    here's my question. If we currently have a platform duopoly, and bb10 is apparently better then one of those platforms, then doesn't that logically mean it'll have a good reception and eat into droids market share?

If misek says he likes it better any current android device (a big claim considering sammy's success with the galaxy line), why wouldn't the average consumer like it better then android devices as well? even if only 50% of current android owners feel bb10 is better, that's alot of potential customers. And that's all in addition to the current user base that's waiting to upgrade.
    It's possible. We'll have to see how RIM advertises. If no one knows it is better or tries it out then it won't do well.
    12-01-12 08:34 PM
    It seems to me that Apple provides a stable phone by basically offering a somewhat limited on-line experience. Apple's refusal to support flash adds stability, but limits functionality. I don't personally want to laud them for having a completely closed system tool
    12-02-12 03:50 AM
    ok, so firstly he lost any respect i had with the `playbook 3 hours battery life` story 2 years ago, i wonder how gutted he is that everyday my playbook makes his comments look silly! ha.

As for some of the comments, well again its sadly the same `heres how the US market works, so it must be the same everywhere` analyst approach.
    Take for example the comment on salespersons getting bigger comissions for one device over another etc. I personally used to work for one of the big UK networks in sales in a store, and our comission was based on the ammount of profit in a deal, so in a way the phone make really didnt matter.
    as an example, say you charging �36 a month on a 24 month plan thats �864, now remove the net cost of the device, thats (for arguements sake) �350. so your deal has a profit of �514. so thats �514 in the comission pot. add all the other deals like that through the month from all salespeople, then you get a small % of that pot. now you could sell a BB and make �500 profit or a iPhone or android and make that, so handset manufacturer wasnt a feature in comissions.

As for the browsing experience, the latest build out just the other day is miles ahead of early dev alpha builds, so we can only really guess as to which OS he tried and what browser he had, even so, once again its just some silly analyst making comments on unreleased unfinished software, the same type of comments which burned him last time and he simply hasnt learned.

and thats why i value his comments about 10million times less than any other person on the planet. we all get stuff wrong, its when we fail to adapt and not make the same mistakes that we show our true inability to perform in our roles. he imho has shown his.
    12-02-12 06:01 AM
    While the BB10 OS might be better than Android, presumably it will cost more. Some people prefer less expensive gadgets or can't afford the additional money to buy the better products.
    That being said, if 10% of Android users change to BB10, that would still be a big boost to RIM's market share.
    They would then be up around 10% and a solid 3rd.
    12-02-12 07:38 AM
    The CNN guy is Canadian. That is the sad part.
    12-02-12 07:39 AM
    Misek still said he expected BB10 to meet with lukewarm enthusiasm.
    12-02-12 07:39 AM