Does anybody actually care what cnet's analysis of the management structure is?

And if so, why?..........
    Didn't you get the memo: Blackberry bad. Android Good. iPhone Good.

You can't be an Enthusiast for RIM or Blackberry devices here anymore.
    07-25-11 05:51 PM
    I sense sarcasm, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 06:49 PM

Can't you just avoid the News & Rumors section? Especially when you know there's almost no good news coming out of RIM these days?
    07-25-11 06:52 PM

I would say rather, Google management good, Apple management good, RIM management bad. This is from the standpoint of how I would feel if I were a shareholder in any of those companies. I am not, but I do wish I had bought Apple stock back in 1996-1997.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-25-11 06:56 PM
    Yeah this is indeed the appropriate place for these topics, its nobodys fault that its the only news from RIM

07-25-11 06:57 PM
    Has nothing to do with where the article belongs or even what it's about.

This is the equivalent of posting about how some random magazine thinks RIM management needs to be restructured...
    07-25-11 07:03 PM
    Yeah this is indeed the appropriate place for these topics, its nobodys fault that its the only news from RIM

Because all you do is seek out Rim gloom and doom to throw in our faces. Which is not hard lately. Not sure why your in this forum anyway when your a known droid user.

07-25-11 07:51 PM
    Just wait patiently for the positive news. There are always bigger bullies in the media waiting to pick on the smaller ones.

07-25-11 08:08 PM
    And how do you know they aren't doing anything?
    This must've been a sarcastic question.
    07-25-11 08:14 PM
    This must've been a sarcastic question.
    Not at all. Would you care to answer?

The big indicator to me though, is the whole BlackBerry OS 7 thing. Never have I seen a company take a minor OS update - BB 6.1 - and slap a brand new title on it - BB 7 - to convince customers that the new line of phones they're set to release isn't just a new cycle of old phones.
    How much time have you spent with OS7? Looking at pictures and videos don't count. I don't want to be rude, since I had the exact same mindset before I used the 9900.
    07-25-11 08:23 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/editor...ur-dog-only-me

My OS is better then your OS..

No it's not, my OS is better then your OS.

Grow up.
    07-25-11 08:46 PM
    Because all you do is seek out Rim gloom and doom to throw in our faces. Which is not hard lately. Not sure why your in this forum anyway when your a known droid user.

as stated, gloom and doom is pretty much all there is, i'm just sharing NEWS AND RUMORS on the NEWS AND RUMORS forums, you don't have to seek it out, it's atop every single tech blogs pages. if people don't like the current state of news and rumors in RIM's world, maybe stay away from the news and rumors forums for a while
    CousinIT likes this.
    07-25-11 08:47 PM
    as stated, gloom and doom is pretty much all there is, i'm just sharing NEWS AND RUMORS on the NEWS AND RUMORS forums, you don't have to seek it out, it's atop every single tech blogs pages. if people don't like the current state of news and rumors in RIM's world, maybe stay away from the news and rumors forums for a while
    I don't think its that people are upset about the news. It's that the negative news is explicitly portrayed by the media. For example, when the RIM tablet got FIPS certification, its shares went up a good 4-5%, and there were only a handful of news articles reporting this. But when RIM drops 4% (back to where they were on Thursday... not that big of a deal) because of "streamlining", news agencies start writing stories like Of course RIM is downsizing. The BlackBerry is over.

All of this after analysts were arguing "RIM needs to restructure its management" and everyone was agreeing with the "letter" that stated (not in these exact words) "RIM needs to fire people who are underperforming". And then they streamline their workforce and reshuffle their management, just to have news agencies jump on them for doing exactly what they were suggesting RIM do last week.

It's just frustrating But I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for RIM.
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-25-11 at 09:34 PM.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-25-11 08:55 PM
    I agree, there isn't much positivity coming out of RIM these days. The thing is, why do you feel the need to to immerse yourself in said negativity constantly?

I have been critical of all sides. I see what's wrong with RIM. And I'll tell people as well. But this is the point where you and I differ. I still see some positive things. You don't.

All the current new about America is negative. Debt ceiling, horrible unemployment rate. Taxes, etc etc. That however doesn't mean the United States isn't the greatest country in the world. I guarantee you it is.

As mentioned above, I see no problem whatsoever with pointing out the flaws of the BlackBerry platform. But when you come to a BlackBerry dedicated site and only focus on the negative day after day, month after month with absolutely nothing else on your mind, it sets off alarms.

You and others are obviously free(to a point) to voice your opinion, but it begs the larger question of why you feel the need to revel in only the negative things about a company.
    07-25-11 09:01 PM
    This only turned into an argument about the negative news after I pasted the news article.

My post wasn't anything negative towards cnet or bgr, frankly I don't care about their articles negative or not, I just hate when people only post links. You attacked me for not "liking cnet" because of that, which in fact was not the case.
    07-25-11 09:09 PM
    I dont think anyone is attacking you RR....atleast i would hope not since you are not even the OP.

Both sides just need to drop it, take a deep breath and move on.
    07-25-11 09:21 PM
    I agree, there isn't much positivity coming out of RIM these days. The thing is, why do you feel the need to to immerse yourself in said negativity constantly?

I have been critical of all sides. I see what's wrong with RIM. And I'll tell people as well. But this is the point where you and I differ. I still see some positive things. You don't.

All the current new about America is negative. Debt ceiling, horrible unemployment rate. Taxes, etc etc. That however doesn't mean the United States isn't the greatest country in the world. I guarantee you it is.

As mentioned above, I see no problem whatsoever with pointing out the flaws of the BlackBerry platform. But when you come to a BlackBerry dedicated site and only focus on the negative day after day, month after month with absolutely nothing else on your mind, it sets off alarms.

You and others are obviously free(to a point) to voice your opinion, but it begs the larger question of why you feel the need to revel in only the negative things about a company.
    Agreed. It's one thing to discuss the issues that plague the BB platform and even crack jokes about it (which you did excessively during the shareholders meeting). But it's another to constantly bash RIM on a forum obviously catered to fans of BlackBerrys. It just brings about more disappointment for everyone looking for positive news that have been loyal and comes off as condescending. We all know RIM is going through hard times. It's reflected in the share value, outdated products (handsets/platform), and the long hiatus that has come about from a difficult transition.

One needs to look at the PlayBook and BB7 devices to see where they are headed in the near future. They still have a ways to go but their upcoming products look very promising. I hope they get rid of the negative image BB has and we start to hear more exciting news in the near future.
    07-25-11 09:21 PM

I agree that the US is a great country (the flag flies at my home and I fought a war for it). However, the US doesn't have Mike L running it.
    07-25-11 09:24 PM

I guess the question is what else is there to talk about? The BlackBerry 7 devices look to be the same old stuff that got RIM into their current predicament. There's very little going on with the PlayBook. Their products just aren't interesting and I'm not really sure what we could talk about as it relates to them.

When you see RIM mentioned in the media, it's always pundits questioning their leadership, mentions of their stock performance, and coverage of the layoffs that are happening in Waterloo. As a forum that focuses exclusively on RIM, I don't think it's surprising that these stories are discussed here because that's really all that's going on with this company.
    07-25-11 09:25 PM
    I agree that the US is a great country (the flag flies at my home and I fought a war for it). However, the US doesn't have Mike L running it.
    Yeah because the US hasn't taken in more than it spends like RIM is doing since the late 90's.
    01itr likes this.
    07-25-11 09:28 PM
    Yeah because the US hasn't taken in more than it spends like RIM is doing since the late 90's.
    We've got some serious issues confronting us, that's for sure!
    07-25-11 09:30 PM
    I guess the question is what else is there to talk about? The BlackBerry 7 devices look to be the same old stuff that got RIM into their current predicament. There's very little going on with the PlayBook. Their products just aren't interesting and I'm not really sure what we could talk about as it relates to them.

When you see RIM mentioned in the media, it's always pundits questioning their leadership, mentions of their stock performance, and coverage of the layoffs that are happening in Waterloo. As a forum that focuses exclusively on RIM, I don't think it's surprising that these stories are discussed here because that's really all that's going on with this company.
    How much can you beat a dead horse, honestly? I mean I know rim is in trouble, but hopeful for better days.

Some of you tout the same, yet keep constantly posting the same ole BS thread after thread, post after post....

Step off the soapbox....

07-25-11 09:38 PM
    How much can you beat a dead horse, honestly? I mean I know rim is in trouble, but hopeful for better days.

Some of you tout the same, yet keep constantly posting the same ole BS thread after thread, post after post....

Step off the soapbox....

So you are admitting that RIM IS a "dead horse" now? That's even more dramatic than how I'd describe RIM. To me, they are teetering on the brink of disaster--just months away from being irrelevant. For much of the cell phone-buying public, they already have been forgotten, but due to the number of handsets they still manage to sell worldwide, I'll give them the bit of due that they are owed for managing to still sell some product.
    07-25-11 09:43 PM
    How much time have you spent with OS7? Looking at pictures and videos don't count. I don't want to be rude, since I had the exact same mindset before I used the 9900.
    None. It's a known fact that BlackBerry 7 was originally known as BlackBerry 6.1, it's been addressed on the forums. Even people who own a 9900 say that it is a minor upgrade, speaking OS. Most just talk about how it's more smooth. That mixed with the fact that the 1.2GHz processor makes it snappier, has most people mesmerized as it hasn't been seen on BlackBerry before, which is cool. I am just assuming RIM re-named it in order to build a bit more 'hype' for the tweener generation of BBs - BB 7.

I''m in no way intending to bash RIM, it's just a fact.
    07-25-11 09:45 PM
    So you are admitting that RIM IS a "dead horse" now? That's even more dramatic than how I'd describe RIM. To me, they are teetering on the brink of disaster--just months away from being irrelevant. For much of the cell phone-buying public, they already have been forgotten, but due to the number of handsets they still manage to sell worldwide, I'll give them the bit of due that they are owed for managing to still sell some product.
    Exactly! That's why their predicament is so interesting and that's why everyone's covering it. And that's why I think it's worth talking about.
    07-25-11 09:50 PM
142 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD