CNBC talking of the launch right now 3.22.2013, 6:49AM ET, very negative, lots of downside, the only folk buying the Z10 will be the RIMtards, there will be no line-ups, there will be no sell-outs, maybe the dinosaurs will buy too when the quirky board comes out. The interview is great, perhaps you can find it on their website when / if they post it on CNBC video sometime this morning. Anyways, I am just saying, Daniel ? comments that there is huge downside to BB. CNBC is saying the same, making mockery of BB "CrackBerry Nation". Bulls beware. Have a great day everyone.
    03-22-13 05:57 AM
    Joe Kernan , can you believe this guy , he compares iP5 to the BB7 Bold 9900, hey Joe Z10 virtual keyboard is a monster on the Z10 verses the iP5, I know I used both . Joe , blackberry has all the Apps , the best messenger with BBM and Whats App, plus the BB10 Hub and productivity apps like Super File pro , QPDF reader which converts PDF to text, Remember plus the best keyboard chum on Joe!!
    03-22-13 06:05 AM
    To me it's generally another uninformed person who is probably not a BB user and has not been following the news in countries where the Z10 has already been launched. I am betting that once enough Americans get the Z10 in their hands and see it for the great phone that it is, the less relevance inaccurate news stories like this will have.
    03-22-13 06:30 AM
    so the question is : did this kind of negative press happen during the Uk launch? Or does BB have a very serious problem with its brand image in the US? I worry that Bb has lost the fight in the US before the opening bell
    03-22-13 06:49 AM
    Remember the first xbox release? This will be the same start, slow with a few fan boys and everyone dissing. Lack of games vs lack of apps. But then quality came through. They didn't have to be better the playstation just had to be another option.

PLUS no one. Expected lineups really since you can get the phone anywhere not just 1 store. It's like they imagine everyone flocking to get one. I'm sure ALOT of people will be visiting stores to check it out.
    Suhailone, araskin and Jake2826 like this.
    03-22-13 07:57 AM
    03-22-13 08:20 AM
    Thanks for posting the video. I see this as BBRY's fault. THey dropped the ball. They should have spend more time making sure that the Z10 gets into the hands of all the right people including all the news anchors who are still using BB. Imagine how different this interview would have gone if the female anchor and the reporter would have gone if they knew about the apps. She could have answered on the 'Maps' question he brought up and the turn by turn navigation. The reporter didn't know how to unlock the phone! This makes it seem that the phone is complex, hard to use (which its not).

Shame on BBRY marketing.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    03-22-13 08:35 AM
    Everything from CNBC is biased and they report very few facts. Their anchors opinions are always reported as fact. Not a news channel.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-22-13 10:11 AM
    Thanks for posting the video. I see this as BBRY's fault. THey dropped the ball. They should have spend more time making sure that the Z10 gets into the hands of all the right people including all the news anchors who are still using BB. Imagine how different this interview would have gone if the female anchor and the reporter would have gone if they knew about the apps. She could have answered on the 'Maps' question he brought up and the turn by turn navigation. The reporter didn't know how to unlock the phone! This makes it seem that the phone is complex, hard to use (which its not).

Shame on BBRY marketing.
    I don't believe that it is BBBY's fault. The news anchors have their own set opinions and just putting a BB in their hands will not change it.

As other previous posters suggest, changing the general negative perspective on BlackBerry products will take time. As it was formed over several years with the previous generation of BB handsets.
    bbfan1040 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    03-22-13 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Debuts... No Lines, No Waiting - CNBC
    Why would there be long line ups in New York when all they have to do is cross the boarder and pick one up in Canada as far back as Feb. 9th. A lot did!
    03-22-13 11:00 AM
    The more of this I see, the more I start to believe that some of these "journalists" were recently showered with complimentary i-devices and/or g-devices...or they are trying to protect investment choices. It's becoming too blatant to ignore, and I am the very last person that would ever buy into any conspiracy. I guess if the powers that be weren't just a little bit concerned about the potential for success of BB10, then they wouldn't pay it much mind at all, but this is a full-force offensive campaign at this point...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-22-13 11:12 AM
    The more of this I see, the more I start to believe that some of these "journalists" were recently showered with complimentary i-devices and/or g-devices...or they are trying to protect investment choices. It's becoming too blatant to ignore, and I am the very last person that would ever buy into any conspiracy. I guess if the powers that be weren't just a little bit concerned about the potential for success of BB10, then they wouldn't pay it much mind at all, but this is a full-force offensive campaign at this point...
    Here's one who got a free b-device

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000155558
    Last edited by randall2580; 03-22-13 at 12:59 PM. Reason: omitted the link
    03-22-13 12:31 PM
    Someone needs to cover their short.
    03-22-13 01:46 PM
    What a bunch of idiots..... selling cash covered puts today and loading up on more stock. US only accounts for 20% of BBRY revenues. Where do they find these analysts. There is an old wall street joke... what do you call a good analyst? a hedge fund manager.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:08 PM
    Hmm...I'm not an analyst and I agree that BlackBerry need to offer more value propositions (like more robust features, good BlackBerry apps, BB Maps needs to be better, etc.) but $7 target seems to be over-pessimistic. Or someone is going all out with short'ing the stock. Even the two anchors were keeping asking him again and again how and base on which evidence he devised his $7 target.
    03-22-13 03:32 PM
    there are CNBC anchors on every shift who are as big fanboys and gals as we who inhabit this website. Becky Quick in the morning would not even consider another phone other than the QWERTY BB. It's not their pre-disposition to be negative to BBRY so to watch their coverage today was very interesting.
    03-22-13 06:04 PM
    BB maps are basic maps. maps on the Z10 are the best in the business and the price is reasonable. I downloaded Magellan Compass Maps and did not have to pay any extra as I already had them on the playbook. They just updated voice direction to include Spanish which might go over well in the Southern US.
    03-22-13 06:10 PM