From the article:

On the sidelines of the Allen & Company media and technology conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, Armstrong explained on "Squawk Box" that he uses three phones: "The Samsung Note I have, and I have an [Apple] iPhone also, they are excellent for me for Web viewing, entertainment, video, those type of things. And I use those phones everyday. But BlackBerry for me is a utility."

"If you look around Sun Valley," he said, "you see people who have to do a tremendous amount of work � on BlackBerrys."

-----

Against the backdrop, Armstrong�like many other BlackBerry lovers�is hoping for the best. "It's a great utility device. I love my Samsung Note, love my iPhone. But the stuff about BlackBerry, their future will hopefully be driven by utility. I don't know what their plans are, but I'd be happy if they did well."

CEOs like me still love our BlackBerrys: AOL boss
    07-09-14 11:54 AM
    nice find. Thanks for sharing!
    07-09-14 12:03 PM
    From the article:

On the sidelines of the Allen & Company media and technology conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, Armstrong explained on "Squawk Box" that he uses three phones: "The Samsung Note I have, and I have an [Apple] iPhone also, they are excellent for me for Web viewing, entertainment, video, those type of things. And I use those phones everyday. But BlackBerry for me is a utility."

"If you look around Sun Valley," he said, "you see people who have to do a tremendous amount of work … on BlackBerrys."

-----

Against the backdrop, Armstrong—like many other BlackBerry lovers—is hoping for the best. "It's a great utility device. I love my Samsung Note, love my iPhone. But the stuff about BlackBerry, their future will hopefully be driven by utility. I don't know what their plans are, but I'd be happy if they did well."

Thx for posting.

CEOs like me still love our BlackBerrys: AOL boss
    I wonder if he has ever used a Z30? That phone is the best of everything. He wouldn't need his Note or iPhone.
    Last edited by LuvULongTime; 07-09-14 at 01:53 PM.
    07-09-14 12:05 PM
    How many CEO's are there in the world? A niche is a niche....

Just imagine a Device that could do all those things. Still think a Z30 with a slide out keyboard would be.... better than then a giant Q10 that is missing a row of keys.
    07-09-14 12:07 PM
    Yeah, I think what cool is that he states BlackBerries are a great utility device for getting much things done quickly, but we know the new BB10 devices can handle the media consumption (processing videos/images, gaming, apps and browsing) just as effectively if not better than the iphone or Android devices. It would be great to get people like this CEO that are use to using multiple devices to use Blackberry as their daily driver.. that should really be BlackBerry's goal.
    07-09-14 12:08 PM
    Getting stuff done, I guess, isn't much fun.

Web viewing is far greater for me on my z over my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 12:24 PM
    07-09-14 01:26 PM
    07-09-14 01:33 PM
    How many CEO's are there in the world? A niche is a niche....
    dunno ....Millions maybe? LOL

.....then there are the CFO's, COO's and lets not forget 2nd and 3rd teir management levels that require the same level of productivity.

CEO of a company does not just mean CEO of a furtune 500 company. With tens of millions of businesses globally out there, each one has a top of the totem pole person in them followed by his/her right hands.

....just saying
    07-09-14 01:48 PM
    How many CEO's are there in the world? A niche is a niche...
    Until they decide that BYOD was a huge mistake, fire the IT VP for implementing it (even though the CEO was probably chasing some buzz word) and then gets the company back on BES and BlackBerry devices.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    07-09-14 03:03 PM
    Wonder if he uses a BB10 or a Bold.
    07-09-14 03:50 PM
    Wonder if he uses a BB10 or a Bold.
    Most likely a Bold, but perhaps he's so used to the Bold that he uses a BB10 like a Bold, strictly for utility, emails and BBM only.
    07-09-14 05:04 PM
    I work for a financial services company and I still see BlackBerries all the time. A lot of them are old Bolds which I suspect are being held onto for their qwertys.

Personally I'm ok with the z10 but if I could have a second phone it would be a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:19 AM
    He's the CEO of America Online for God's Sake. Who cares what he loves?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-12-14 03:10 AM