I just saw this article on CNBC. I don't like comparing the iPhone to any of the BBs, they each have their places, but this article seemed to mirror what a number of people have been saying here about ongoing BB delays, etc.

I don't know how unbiased and/or accurate this is, but I found it interesting.

As BlackBerry Stalls, Does Apple iPhone Dial In? - Tech Check with Jim Goldman - CNBC.com

MedEditor
    12-03-08 11:35 AM
    Fair and true.

Blackberry has been turning into the gaming industry lately. False promises, delays, and they release pieces of crap knowing that they can whip up a patch to fix it anyway.

Rightfully deserved market standing Blackberry! Keep releasing stuff with the state of mind that you can fix it with a patch anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 12:46 PM
    Fair and true.

Rightfully deserved market standing Blackberry! Keep releasing stuff with the state of mind that you can fix it with a patch anyway.

Like Apple hasn't done the same thing with the iPhone?
    12-03-08 03:54 PM
    Didn't apple just release a new update for the iphone a couple weeks ago???

12-03-08 07:21 PM
    Interesting and largely true. I love my BB Curve and want the Bold but RIM does need to step it up.
    12-03-08 07:45 PM
    The only reason that this article came out is because RIM busted Q3 earnings today. The stock went as low as $32.90 in early hours today. It rallied and closed at $38.96. I bought this stock at $41.65 last week and wasn't the least bit concerned. It's true that Apple does take some customers away from RIM whenever there's dissapointment or lack of pushing a product sooner. Apple capatilized BIG TIME over the summer when RIM couldn't release the Bold in July along with the iPhone. But overall Blackberry is run by a strong company and have just taken hits like every other company in the United States due to the economic crisis. So whenever Apple takes shots at RIM, more people tend to buy an iPhone because Steve Jobs holds some sort of intangible power over people lol. I know it sounds silly, but take a look at some of Apple's "fan base" so to speak.
    12-03-08 07:45 PM
    This thread makes me think of the thread in the Storm forum where everyone is rushing to exchange their Storms for ones with rumored hardware upgrades (as well as software upgrades). Can't be good for business.
    12-03-08 08:46 PM
    Interesting observations on both fronts. Perhaps both companies should get more aggressive with their product development and testing ... although it appears that Apple is winning the fight at the moment.

Delays, patches, and uncertain release dates for necessary software fixes won't instill a lot of confidence in the consumer market. And with a stock price down 70%, RIM is either a great buy, or a market loser that just happens to have cool products.

Time will tell.
    12-07-08 07:38 PM
    This thread makes me think of the thread in the Storm forum where everyone is rushing to exchange their Storms for ones with rumored hardware upgrades (as well as software upgrades). Can't be good for business.
    Honestly? Wow people are dumb, but I don't understand how they can say Apple launches new products and they are perfect? When the Iphone came out, the accelerometer was slow, and last time I checked it was still slow, so yeah.
    12-07-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD