I'm really getting fed up with these ebay buyers. I had listed a Verizon bold 9930 but the suggestion on ebay put it as a bold 9900 Verizon, guy gets it today and files a dispute saying product not as described. I told him the 9930 is Verizon version of the 9900 on att same exact phone tho. He says he wants a refund. Ebay is turning into a joke and all these buyers are clowns. Had one guy not want to buy a phone because it didn't include a box and it clearly said in the listing you will recieve an iphone 5 with a wall charger. No box was ever mentioned. I run a business on there and all these people are interfering with what should be a smooth process.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:16 PM
    I hear you man. As a seller, you could bold, highlight, underline and repeat product details ten times over and people will still not read it. And then blame you. Worse is when I was trying to start up people don't rate you. It is there for a reason. Then people skip you because of a low seller rating and it is difficult to grow against some of the more established guys. You can hound them about it but many don't care and may give you a bad rating for even asking. Good luck my friend. Ebay is still a tough market place. Hope it all goes better for you soon.
    bekkay likes this.
    06-01-13 05:24 PM
    as a seller I understand... but since the fee got to outrageous for me so I mostly buy now instead of selling*

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    06-01-13 05:31 PM
    I hear you man. As a seller, you could bold, highlight, underline and repeat product details ten times over and people will still not read it. And then blame you. Worse is when I was trying to start up people don't rate you. It is there for a reason. Then people skip you because of a low seller rating and it is difficult to grow against some of the more established guys. You can hound them about it but many don't care and may give you a bad rating for even asking. Good luck my friend. Ebay is still a tough market place. Hope it all goes better for you soon.
    It really unbelievable the people on there man,

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:34 PM
    I've lost hope with humanity a long time ago, can't believe there's so many idiots in this world.

Good luck!
    06-01-13 05:38 PM
    I told this guy multiple times now Verizon version of a 9900 is the 9930, he said I thought it was a Verizon 9900, Verizon has no 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:43 PM
    Yes that place is bad now. I stopped selling on ebay because a guy filed a complaint because I charged him 5.95 flat rate shipping (actually cost me more) for 2 reloading manuals. Cost me 8.50 but I had told him 5.95 so I ate the difference He said I told him 5.00. I offered him a refund if he sent them back but he didn't want to pay for shipping. Got really crazy and I basically told him to sue me for the stinking .95 cents. gggggggrrrrrrrrr and left ebay
    FastLane228 and bekkay like this.
    06-01-13 06:29 PM
    I also stopped selling there a while ago. Sold a brand new sealed HP Touchpad. Put "No returns or refunds" and "The Touchpad has full manufacturer's warranty for 12 months".

Well, a guy buys the Touchpad and files the dispute right upon receiving the Touchpad. It turns out that he tried to power on the Touchpad and it wouldn't start. So he claimed that the Toucpad was fake and empty inside.

I told him to charge the Touchpad for an hour and try powering it on again as it was known at that time that many Touchpads came with their batteries discharged. Instead of doing so, he files another dispute with PayPal, again claiming the Touchpad "is empty inside".

After a lot of back and forth, I refunded the entire amount. I got the Touchpad back and it turned out to be exactly what I thought it was. Plugged it in for a half an hour and it was good to go.

So, all in all, I lost $25 on shipping, Wasted all this time and frustration dealing with the buyer, eBay, and PayPal, and could no longer list the Touchpad as brand new ($40-50 price depreciation).

eBay would keep saying "We don't care if you specified that you don't allow returns. You have to fully refund it." Same with PayPal.

I also did some research and read stories that people would receive items and later claim that the boxes came empty and the seller would have to issue a refund.

So I learned my lesson. I will never ever sell on eBay again. I would rather sell stuff on Craigslist even if I get a little bit less.
    06-01-13 07:50 PM
    The world is full of "people" and I use the term loosely, who want to lie, cheat, and steal their way thru life rather than earn a living.
    bekkay, Jacko_au and eddy_berry like this.
    06-01-13 08:01 PM
    Yea and be careful of people who return just an empty box to you after receiving a refund. I have heard of that happening too. Yikes. lol.
    06-02-13 10:17 AM
    some ebay sellers are really not the besst, i've been waiting over a month for a replacement that i have not gotten. 2 months ago i ordered a set of 10 diamond coated hole saws for my new reef tank build, took the seller 3 days to ship it out which was fine as i put the order in on a friday afternoon, took 3 weeks to get and when i got it the largest holesaw came bent and two came the same size. i e mailed two of the sellers e mails and it took 3 days for them to responde and say a new one was sent today, fine great its been a month now and still no parts an i e mailed the guy earlier this week askign if they have a tracking number and no response. this is getting ridiculous and i'm getting close to filing a complaint with ebay about it
    06-02-13 10:55 AM
    Was he specifically looking for a 9900? Or is he actually on Verizon?
    06-02-13 11:08 AM
    I quit selling on Ebay a couple years ago when they jacked their seller fees. I do all my selling on Craigslist now. In two years, I've only had one "no-show". Always meet at a Starbucks or someplace similar. If I'm selling a phone, I offer to meet the buyer at the carriers store. If buying, I insist on the same thing.
    For me, what's nice about CL is immediate cash in hand, no shipping delays or hassles. Only thing I'll sell on fleabay is US Cellular phones, since they no longer operate in the Chicago market.
    bekkay and eddy_berry like this.
    06-02-13 02:04 PM
    I have no idea but why buy a verizon phone if you're going to unlock it for use on another carrier and only get slow EDGE speeds.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:33 PM
    I agree some sellers are very bad, and that would be the sellers fault, but most buyers never pay or always have some sort of complaint but the description is 100% accurate.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:36 PM
    I have no idea but why buy a verizon phone if you're going to unlock it for use on another carrier and only get slow EDGE speeds.

Posted via CB10
    It's possible he was putting more weight on the 9900 part rather than the Verizon part. I mean it's somewhat similar to having an add that says 9930 AT&T. Kinda hard to figure which part is accurate.

Regardless, the buyer probably should've clarified with you first.
    06-02-13 10:18 PM
    Yeah, that's true, but in the picture you could see its a verizon branded phone, either way if he was trying to unlock it he should know Verizon is a CDMA company, he got a hell of a deal also, the bold 9930, a charging pod, wall charger and 2 oem leather holsters for $160. Now what he should really do is resell it himself and save us all the headache.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 02:00 PM
    I'm really getting fed up with these ebay buyers. I had listed a Verizon bold 9930 but the suggestion on ebay put it as a bold 9900 Verizon,
    I haven't used ebay in many years! What is the "suggestion"???
    06-03-13 03:25 PM
    I guess it's suppose to be easier for buyers to find your listing on what you're selling, when you click sell on ebay mobile, and you start typing different suggestions will pop up and it's suppose too get more exposure to the item you'd be selling, it's basically a catalog and you choose your item. Another thing is if you don't use the suggestions (catalog) its an eBay violation and they can ban you from selling items for a few weeks or so. It has really gone down hill.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:33 PM
    I guess it's suppose to be easier for buyers to find your listing on what you're selling, when you click sell on ebay mobile, and you start typing different suggestions will pop up and it's suppose too get more exposure to the item you'd be selling, it's basically a catalog and you choose your item. Another thing is if you don't use the suggestions (catalog) its an eBay violation and they can ban you from selling items for a few weeks or so. It has really gone down hill.

Posted via CB10
    OH OK. Well, the truth is, you didn't list it correctly then. Not to say you were trying to pull anything - but the suggestion thing influenced you to list it as something it wasn't. Even though what you're saying makes sense, can anyone really be surprised that it could cause big-time confusion? I think you're going to have to suck it up and accept some responsibility for this one - though again, I do not doubt your sincerity! You said yourself that a good seller should have a "100% accurate" description, this other guy probably doesn't know too much about phone models from individual carriers, and just knows he got a "different' phone from what was listed. That makes him suspicious, and he doesn't want to hear from you now that it's the same, he just wants to call if all off. That's bad for both of you...he's giving up what he wanted (probably because he doesn't trust you now), and you end up paying for it, all because of the technically inaccurate listing!

If it's a violation for you not to use ebay's bad suggestion, then I agree, that's pretty lame on ebay's part.
    06-07-13 02:21 AM
    Oh well he was very aware of what came because the first thing he said he did was go under settings to check the model, then he was sending me messages about bandwiths in the phone. I fell like ebay is too blame and partly the guy.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:52 PM